SHRINKING ASSETS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @Suzabelle522 I’m in Georgia, too. Where are you - general area is fine :)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @Suzabelle522 I’m in Georgia, too. Where are you - general area is fine :)

shes lying. she needs the exact coordinates to your house
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I saw this article this morning and thought I would share. The title is 'MENTALLY STRONG WOMEN REFUSE TO DO THESE 13 THINGS" This would apply to men, too.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/mentally-strong-women-refuse-to-do-these-13-things/ar-BBSINpV?ocid=ientp

I did a quick read of the 13 items and thought that was interesting enough to share. We are not here just for weight loss. We are here to better ourselves all around. SELF LOVE - Right?

Thanks for sharing this, great read. 😊
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY STEP CHALLENGE

For the new folks - there is also a friendly step challenge among the teams. We have slots for only TEN steppers. If you are a good stepper - join the challenge. Steps will be reported within the team thread this month and entered by the captains - this is new from last month.

We don't want empty spots as we are competing with other teams -- I am not a good stepper (tied to a desk 8-5) but I will fill a slot with my measly 4000 steps a day until a better stepper 'steps up' - that was funnier in my head ....

I'm in!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    @redstickdad - you are now a stepper 😊

Make up your mind woman before you said he was a runner lol. JK JK

Runners are a subset of steppers. I am a hiker, which is a different subset of steppers.
    I was a runner until a bad disc in my back ended that. Every time I try to run now, the disc begins to bulge.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a 45 year old mom of two boys (5 & 8) and struggle with major depressive disorder. All last year, I had horrible leg ulcers (possibly vasculitis, but my doctors are not all in agreement) and was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I gained 50 lbs being basically bed-ridden, and an emotional eater. I have started and felt I failed a dozen times because I would have a big calorie day. I am trying really hard to kill that mindset, and hoping this challenge will be good for accountability.
    At my skinniest, way back in law school, I was 140-ish and a size 6 or 8. I hope to get back to about 170-ish and a size 10 or 12 (sizes were cut smaller 20-odd years ago 🙃).
  • suzabelle522
    suzabelle522 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695, I live in Cumming. Where are you?
  • suzabelle522
    Options
    @boehle

Sorry about the confusion on my weights. Here they are again. I transposed the start date.

HW: 305
    ST 287.9 on 1/2/19
    CW: 267 on 1/30/19
    GW: 175

Thanks,
    Sue

• suzabelle522
    Options
    FEBRUARY STEP CHALLENGE

For the new folks - there is also a friendly step challenge among the teams. We have slots for only TEN steppers. If you are a good stepper - join the challenge. Steps will be reported within the team thread this month and entered by the captains - this is new from last month.

We don't want empty spots as we are competing with other teams -- I am not a good stepper (tied to a desk 8-5) but I will fill a slot with my measly 4000 steps a day until a better stepper 'steps up' - that was funnier in my head ....

I'm not a great stepper, but generally do 4 - 6K. I'm willing to try to step it up if you need to fill a blank spot.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Got that 30 in... a quick plank then its off to the shower. #HealthyAndFit
    kp0w0flzv4xp.png
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options

Hahha I'm moving to your town
  • Beka3695
    Options

I’m in Ellijay - about an hour from you. My SIL is off of Pilgrim Mill and my dentist is in Cumming. If you haven’t found a dentist yet- mine ROCKS and is easy on the eyes🤣🤣🤣
  • Beka3695
    Options
    FEBRUARY STEP CHALLENGE UPDATE

Steppers so far:
    @TattooedDolphinGirl78
    @suzabelle522
    @RedStickdad
    @melissafeagins
    @SapanPan
    @boehle
    @Beka3695
    OPEN SLOT
    OPEN SLOT
    OPEN SLOT

As I said before - I am a horrible stepper. Usually 3k or so a day M-F... I am adding to my Feb goals to hit 7500 a day - EVERYDAY.

Also, my slot is up for grabs -- if you are a better stepper, PLEASE take it. We just don't want an open space that registers ZEROS against the other teams.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT REMINDER

New Challengers

@angelakauffman19
    @lindamtuck2018
    @mac90kh

Returning -transferred from other teams....
    @KelGen02
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    @Beka3695
    @boehle

Transferees -- I will be watching your original team, but if I miss it let me know.
  • KelGen02
    Options
    Happy Friday Assets... lets get some workouts in this weekend. Lets kick this challenge off with committing to an exercise routine. Remember 30 minutes of exercise goes a long way... walk, jog, run, do some toning, lift weights, yoga, whatever it takes to get that heart rate pumping. Lets do this!!
    rf6hc91svvq1.jpg
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Shrinking Assets is the host team for the WEEK 1 GROUP CHALLENGE

Please click the link below and pick 5 items to commit to for the coming week.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10724169/february-week-1-group-challenge-small-changes-pick-5/p1?new=1
  • KelGen02
    Options
    Kelgen02
    Week 1
    Friday weigh in
    PW 231.2 (1/25)
    CW 231.2

(which i will take as of this past monday I was 234+ 🤔😑)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    A note on weigh-ins

Please see the format Kelly used above -- this is the way to post your weigh-ins. This format makes it easier for the captains to see among all the other check in posts.

If you see the "INSIGHTFUL" icon checked - this means that a captain has posted the weight on the spreadsheet. If you have a 5 lb gain and insightful is checked, it is not someone being snarky, it simply means it has been posted.
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Beka3695 I’ll fill a stepping slot if you like, my average is 5,000 , it might give me the incentive to bump it up!—Teri
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Friday
    SW: 332
This discussion has been closed.