SHRINKING ASSETS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Since I think we are 1st up with the team challenge next month. Do we have an idea of what it is? I think it should be food related.

If we did an eat the rainbow challenge to eat a purple or red, a green, an orange and a yellow food every day, could keto eaters do it?
    For example I might eat blueberries with breakfast and then roast yellow Squash, green peppers and sweet potatoes with dinner. I think keto folks could use tomatoes, onions and green peppers and still be low carb, but I need someone to verify that.

Not an expert on keto, but I could do this.

List below of colour foods, italicised which I think someone on keto could eat.

Red
    Tomato
    Red capsicum
    Radishes

Strawberries
    Rhubarb
    Cherries
    Red grapes
    Raspberries
    Watermelon
    Red apples

Purple/Blue
    Beetroot
    Red cabbage
    Eggplant
    Purple asparagus

Blackberries
    Blueberries
    Purple grapes
    Plums

Orange/Yellow
    Carrots (I eat but I think most keto people don't)
    Rockmelon
    Lemons
    Sweet potato
    Pumpkin
    Pineapples
    Mangoes
    Corn
    Oranges
    Squash
    Peaches
    Nectarines
    Apricots
    Grapefruit
    Yellow tomato
    Yellow capsicum

Green
    Spinach
    Asparagus

Avocados
    Broccoli

Peas
    Green apples
    Green grapes
    Limes
    Kiwifruit
    Green beans
    Lettuce
    Cabbage
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Green capsicum
    Zucchini
    Green olive

Brown/White
    Cauliflower
    Brown olive

Brown pears
    Mushrooms
    White peaches
    Garlic
    Bananas
    Potatoes
    Dates
    Onions
    Ginger
    Parsnips
    Turnip
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Several of us have confessed to stress or emotional eating, so I would like to challenge the group to post here before turning to food. It might look like this:

My boss has sent me 4 emails already this morning. I can't get anything done. But I will not use a Reeses Cup to deal with it. That won't get the work done, either.

(This is true, BTW.)

I usually emotionally eat in the evenings after a stressful day. My day consisted of this:

Crazy, crazy, crazy, pee break, crap hitting the fan, bad news, moderate news, crazy, crazy, pee break, crazy.

Been doing so much overtime lately, I don't understand why I'm pulling the slack for everyone else who leave "on time". Also, I was passed over for an acting opportunity, they gave it to someone at a lower level than me. Why do I care so much when clearly no one else does?

Sorry for the mini rant, brain is fried atm.

I don't mind the mini rant. In your shoes, I would definitely start leaving on time and let the acting person do the work. I am the acting person and my boss is working to make that permanent, but I still need her to understand that I can only work on one email at a time.

Thanks, I needed to read this. ❤
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Metric folks - one decimal is fine.

If my conversion is correct - .01 wound be about 2 grams. We are not that serious :)

My scale weighs in tenth of pounds but rounds to the even tenths. If you have a digital that links to an app, you might be able to have convert for you.

Tomorrow, I will be posting our team challenge for week 1. Thanks @Navydaddjtc for making the BRAND NEW team be week one 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Challengers - feel free to friend me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Linda from London, Ontario. I am 54, married, mother of three and grandmother to two granddaughters. I am retired due to disability. I have sjogrens, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes and had a knee replacement two years ago. I also have bipolar which affects my emotions.

My weight has increased for the last while due to binge eating. I am seeking help for this and the binges have gone from 4 to 5 times a week to once a week now. So officially I having lost any weight since starting as I was still gaining as a result of the binges. I have dropped 4 pounds of the weight I gained since starting.

I have just started adding exercise in. The weather hasn’t cooperated for walking outside but I have started some YouTube videos. For the most part I can keep up except for the modified burpees and lunges. Limitations from the knee replacement.

HW: 264.5
    LW: 165 (2000)
    GW: 165
    CW: I weigh in Friday

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    Since I think we are 1st up with the team challenge next month. Do we have an idea of what it is? I think it should be food related.

If we did an eat the rainbow challenge to eat a purple or red, a green, an orange and a yellow food every day, could keto eaters do it?
    For example I might eat blueberries with breakfast and then roast yellow Squash, green peppers and sweet potatoes with dinner. I think keto folks could use tomatoes, onions and green peppers and still be low carb, but I need someone to verify that.

Not an expert on keto, but I could do this.

List below of colour foods, italicised which I think someone on keto could eat.

Red
    Tomato
    Red capsicum
    Radishes

Strawberries
    Rhubarb
    Cherries
    Red grapes
    Raspberries
    Watermelon
    Red apples

Purple/Blue
    Beetroot
    Red cabbage
    Eggplant
    Purple asparagus

Blackberries
    Blueberries
    Purple grapes
    Plums

Orange/Yellow
    Carrots (I eat but I think most keto people don't)
    Rockmelon
    Lemons
    Sweet potato
    Pumpkin
    Pineapples
    Mangoes
    Corn
    Oranges
    Squash
    Peaches
    Nectarines
    Apricots
    Grapefruit
    Yellow tomato
    Yellow capsicum

Green
    Spinach
    Asparagus

Avocados
    Broccoli

Peas
    Green apples
    Green grapes
    Limes
    Kiwifruit
    Green beans
    Lettuce
    Cabbage
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Green capsicum
    Zucchini
    Green olive

Brown/White
    Cauliflower
    Brown olive

Brown pears
    Mushrooms
    White peaches
    Garlic
    Bananas
    Potatoes
    Dates
    Onions
    Ginger
    Parsnips
    Turnip

Thanks for the list. I have learned something new today. (Maybe I can get my dad to eat more italicized foods. He does like some of them.)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I saw this article this morning and thought I would share. The title is 'MENTALLY STRONG WOMEN REFUSE TO DO THESE 13 THINGS" This would apply to men, too.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/mentally-strong-women-refuse-to-do-these-13-things/ar-BBSINpV?ocid=ientp

I did a quick read of the 13 items and thought that was interesting enough to share. We are not here just for weight loss. We are here to better ourselves all around. SELF LOVE - Right?
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I saw this article this morning and thought I would share. The title is 'MENTALLY STRONG WOMEN REFUSE TO DO THESE 13 THINGS" This would apply to men, too.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/mentally-strong-women-refuse-to-do-these-13-things/ar-BBSINpV?ocid=ientp

I did a quick read of the 13 items and thought that was interesting enough to share. We are not here just for weight loss. We are here to better ourselves all around. SELF LOVE - Right?

Interesting list. I also think it is good advice for men or women. Although the rule breaking should be done within reason, not just to be doing it.
  • Beka3695
    Options

Interesting list. I also think it is good advice for men or women. Although the rule breaking should be done within reason, not just to be doing it.

Agreed - but I think that is meant to mean look outside of the social norms... 50 years ago women were told they should stay at home and raise a family - not be the CEO of a company.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    FEBRUARY STEP CHALLENGE

For the new folks - there is also a friendly step challenge among the teams. We have slots for only TEN steppers. If you are a good stepper - join the challenge. Steps will be reported within the team thread this month and entered by the captains - this is new from last month.

We don't want empty spots as we are competing with other teams -- I am not a good stepper (tied to a desk 8-5) but I will fill a slot with my measly 4000 steps a day until a better stepper 'steps up' - that was funnier in my head ....
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I am in for stepping. Most days I get 10000.
  • SapanPan
    SapanPan Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    How do I register for steps challenge?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    SapanPan wrote: »
    How do I register for steps challenge?
    You just did :)
    I’ll Add you to the spreadsheet - just post your daily steps on this thread starting Sunday 2/3

• RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, my name is Gerrit. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with my wife and 4 kids. 2 daughters aged 11 and 15 months and 2 sons 9 and 1 month. I restarted on MFP September 2018 at 408 lbs. and am now down to 335 lbs. I stared with 3 months of CICO and carnivore diet and tried to switch to Keto in January. I find Keto a lot harder than carnivore as I am feeling hunger which I did not feel on strict carnivore. .
    I have mainly just been walking and have been adding a little jogging into the mix. My goals for Feb is to get below 320 and be able to jog 1 mile without stopping. I am also adding body weight exercises.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    cbvv73hvs1va.jpeg

@redstickdad you are a RUNNER - not a jogger!!!!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    334lzimowe96.jpg
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    if there is still room for a stepper for the team i would like to sign up. i shoot for at least 10K steps a day.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @redstickdad - you are now a stepper 😊
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @redstickdad - you are now a stepper 😊

Make up your mind woman before you said he was a runner lol. JK JK

• suzabelle522
    suzabelle522 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sue. I'm 67 and retired. Married nearly 43 years, mother to 2, grandmother to 3 plus 2 grandpuppies. I am from New Jersey, but transplanted to GA due to my husband's former job.

I was athletic as a kid, relatively fit in my 20's and it's been all uphill since. A tremendous amount of personal loss over the years, high stress career and emotional eating have taken their toll. I need knee replacement, but need to get the weight down first. Having fibromyalgia does not help, but I started 4 months ago working out with a trainer and as of January 2nd started keto. My son has been very successful with it and I feel I am off to a great start. I'm looking to this group for support, accountability and challenge.

HW: 305
    ST: 287.9 on 2/1/19
    CW: 267 on 1/30/19
    GW: 175

I'm traveling the next 2 weeks, but I am planning ahead. Bringing my keto cookbook so my daughter & I can cook together.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sue. I'm 67 and retired. Married nearly 43 years, mother to 2, grandmother to 3 plus 2 grandpuppies. I am from New Jersey, but transplanted to GA due to my husband's former job.

I was athletic as a kid, relatively fit in my 20's and it's been all uphill since. A tremendous amount of personal loss over the years, high stress career and emotional eating have taken their toll. I need knee replacement, but need to get the weight down first. Having fibromyalgia does not help, but I started 4 months ago working out with a trainer and as of January 2nd started keto. My son has been very successful with it and I feel I am off to a great start. I'm looking to this group for support, accountability and challenge.

HW: 305
    ST: 287.9 on 2/1/19
    CW: 267 on 1/30/19
    GW: 175

I'm traveling the next 2 weeks, but I am planning ahead. Bringing my keto cookbook so my daughter & I can cook together.

I am confused on your weights since one is dated a 2 days after the other but 20 lbs different
This discussion has been closed.