SHRINKING ASSETS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    A note on weigh-ins

Please see the format Kelly used above -- this is the way to post your weigh-ins. This format makes it easier for the captains to see among all the other check in posts.

If you see the "INSIGHTFUL" icon checked - this means that a captain has posted the weight on the spreadsheet. If you have a 5 lb gain and insightful is checked, it is not someone being snarky, it simply means it has been posted.

What if someone else clicks insightful before a captain has? I click it sometimes, I hope people don't get missed because of that. Maybe the 'woo' button could be used as I think most folks tend to steer clear of that one?
  • RunRaineyRun
    Options
    I'm not the greatest stepper, but I'll take a slot if it'll help us not have zeros - I hate zeros (unless it's on a cheque lol)

I will also try and up my steps, I've been getting too lazy lately! Do we post daily? I'll have to get better at that too lol.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong!!!
    I have you logged in and entered as a stepper!!! 5k sounds good!!! This is way up from when we met and you had injured your foot!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I'm not the greatest stepper, but I'll take a slot if it'll help us not have zeros - I hate zeros (unless it's on a cheque lol)

I will also try and up my steps, I've been getting too lazy lately! Do we post daily? I'll have to get better at that too lol.

Awesome Rainey!!! I'll enter you. Daily would be best or every couple days at least. DEF log in early on SUNDAYS -- Mari does the tally for the week on sundays
  • RunRaineyRun
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Beka3695 Is there a rough time she does the tally? I'll try and work out the time difference. Does the Sunday count for the week if you haven't completed your day yet or does it carry over to the next week? Sorry for the silly questions :D
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT REMINDER

New Challengers

@angelakauffman19
    @lindamtuck2018
    @mac90kh

Returning -transferred from other teams....
    @KelGen02
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    @Beka3695
    @boehle

Transferees -- I will be watching your original team, but if I miss it let me know.

Should I be on this transferee list??
  • RunRaineyRun
    Options
    @iamworthy14 I think it's only if you have to post your starting weight. If you have, you're good :)
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I can also do step challenge if needed I had been in January
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @Beka3695 Is there a rough time she does the tally? I'll try and work out the time difference. Does the Sunday count for the week if you haven't completed your day yet or does it carry over to the next week? Sorry for the silly questions :D

Saturday is the last day of the week for the tally. Sunday is the start of the new week.

That was a great question....

If you miss the cut off, the steps for the missing days will not count for the week, but will count for the month end total.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    FEBRUARY STEP CHALLENGE UPDATE

Steppers so far:
    @TattooedDolphinGirl78
    @suzabelle522
    @RedStickdad
    @melissafeagins
    @SapanPan
    @boehle
    @Beka3695
    @RunRaineyRun
    @iamworthy14

Step challenge is full.

If there is a stepper that is consistently over 5k - I will relinquish my spot.
    If a stepper does not post timely, they could be replaced. Like we discussed earlier - zeros are bad.
    If you would like to be a back up - let me know. I will maintain that list as well.

• SapanPan
    SapanPan Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Are we allowed to change our weigh-in day for this Super bowl 😜. I would like to weigh myself on Sunday morning before the pizza and beer hits me in the evening 😁.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT REMINDER

New Challengers

@angelakauffman19
    @lindamtuck2018
    @mac90kh

Returning -transferred from other teams....
    @KelGen02
    @Beka3695
    @boehle

Transferees -- I will be watching your original team, but if I miss it let me know.

I posted my weigh-in on the Warriors thread this morning, so you want me to post here as my starting weight?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Sure, just post a day early - that will be fine.

My weigh day is Saturday, which I usually LOVE, but when I travel I will usually weigh in on Fridays. We are pretty flexible, but encourage you to post on your weigh day when possible and CLOSE if you cannot. This will give you a better judge of your losses.

More weigh in info...
    Weekly tallies are done on Sunday for the prior week. If a weigh in is not posted for the week - you will be marked with an NWI - Non Weigh In. 2 NWIs and you are dropped from the challenge. You are welcome to come back the following month if you would like. If you are going on an extended vacation, you can be moved to the SUPPORT TEAM. You will still be part of the team, but will not be required to post weigh ins. If you find yourself in a pickle - for example, your parent is unexpectedly hospitalized and you haven't seen home in 4 days... Just let us know. We will carry over your weight from the prior week and mark it excused, not NWI.

GREAT QUESTIONS GUYS!!! Keep them up. Our team is about 2/3 new and 1/3 veterans. This is a great mix for a brand new team!! Other seasoned members feel free to jump in and answer, too.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    SW 262.8
  • SapanPan
    Options
    ayb3sc4gjjg6.jpeg
    Made this yummy Avocado toast with an egg this morning. Healthy and filling at the same time. Any body made some interesting food choices today?
  • amlw17
    amlw17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can be a back up stepper! I usually get 4-5k most days but not every day. So not great for the main team but can step up if needed ;)
    @SapanPan that looks so yummy :)
  • SapanPan
    Options
    @Beka3695 Where do we report the steps for the day and by when? Thank you .
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    A few questions/ confusion:

1) Could you let me know the cut off time for reporting on Sunday with time zone info so I can do the calculation to my time in Australia?

2) I’m a bit confused about which is “week 1”. I gave my start weight last Monday, but we haven’t started the challenges yet, will Monday 4th feb weighin be my “week 1” loss or will it be the start of tracking for week 1?

3) if my weigh-in day is Monday but I have to report in by Sunday (the previous day) for weight to be calculated, how does that work? Or should I shift to Sunday as a weighin day?

Thanks
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE OF BECKY RIPPING YOU OFF FROM THE WARRIORS I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS THIS ON TO YOU ALL

AFTERNOON TEAM
    HERE'S THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE REAL UGLY AND NO IT'S NOT A CLINT EASTWOOD SPAGHETTI WESTERN.

GOOD....I LOST 14 POUNDS THIS MONTH AND FEBRUARY IS STARTING OFF REAL GOOD. SO I AM ON A ROLL AND I INTEND TO STAY THERE.

BAD....OSTOMY NURSE TOLD THAT I HAVE GRANULAR SKIN IRRITATIONS AROUND MY STOMA. IT CAUSE BY MOISTURE UNDER MY WAFER AND CAUSING A SKIN IRRITATION. THE CULPRIT IS MY LOSING WEIGHT, THE STOMA CHANGING SIZES AND MY GEAR NOT BEING THE RIGHT FIT ANYMORE. SO WE ARE GOING TO FIX ALL THAT WITH MY NEXT ORDER.

NOW THE REAL BAD.....MY SINUSES ARE PACKED WITH CRAP AND THIS HAS CAUSED SOME PROBLEMS. THE ENT DOC WILL NOT ISSUE ANYMORE ANTIBIOTICS (NOT WORKING) AND NO STEROIDS BECAUSE OF THE OSTOMY. THEY AREN'T WORKING SO THE NEXT STEP IS SURGERY. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT NEXT THURSDAY WITH HIM AND WE WILL DISCUSS MY OPTIONS. I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO THE EXTENT OF THE SURGERY, BUT AS SOON AS I KNOW YOU'LL KNOW.
    KNOW THIS I AM A NAVY MAN, A FIGHTER AND A WARRIOR I WILL GET THRU THIS AS I DID WITH MY OSTOMY SURGERY, ALL OF INJURIES FROM BACK IN THE DAY, THE INJURIES THAT CAUSED ME TO LEAVE BODY PARTS IN SOUTH VIETNAM. I WILL COME OUT OF THIS ON TOP NO IF'S, ANDS OR BUTTS ABOUT IT. NOTHING BUT POSITIVE VIBES FROM YOU ALL....

CONGRATS TO SHRINKING ASSETS....... SORRY TO SAY YOUR STILL GONNA GET YOUR HINIES KICKED BY THE WARRIORS!!!!!
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT FEB.
    GREG OUT
  • mac90kh
    mac90kh Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So much energy here - love it!

Sad I missed out on the step challenge - maybe next time ...

I'm Mac, turning 29 in March and I live in Melbourne Australia (we need more people from down under here ...)

I've been chubs for as long as I can remember, two stints when I weighed <175lbs, between 15 to 18 years of age and in 2014 when I found out I had a herniated disc and got the determination to lose weight and fix it.

Since my happy relationship with Sara started 3 years ago I slowly put on weight ... I know, how typical of a guy.

And since last August, I haven't been able to go under 190lbs.

My current goal is to get under 190lbs by my birthday which is on March 17th - so I have 6 weeks to lose 10lbs!
This discussion has been closed.