SHRINKING ASSETS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• suzabelle522
    suzabelle522 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning from California where I am looking at a gorgeous view of the Pacific!

I’m not sure how accurate my daughter’s scale is & my ankles are very swollen from the travel & steroids, but here it is;

PW: 267
    CW: 268.6

My goal this week is to keep to Keto like I have been for the past 5 weeks. I’m sure I will see the weight drop when I get home.

Steps:
    2/4 5,335
    2/5 5,308
    2/6 6,705

I’m aiming for 7k steps today. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Weigh in : 262.1 *sigh*
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    SapanPan wrote: »
    @ShowKitten What is your opinion about Keto. Did it help you reach your goals? I always wanted to do Keto, but it is very tough to stay within 50g of carbs for vegetarians. Btw, overnight oats 👍.

I really liked keto, in 2017 I lost 50 lbs on it. My main problem is that I love vegetables so I found it hard not eating a lot of carrots etc. I've switched off it this year as I have new medication which is giving me a lot of stomach issues and a lot of the foods I liked eating on keto are aggravating this - I actually looked about 9 months pregnant last week - so Ive switched to Slimming World so I can up my vegetables. Plus, this lets me have little treats if I put them as 'syns'. The last part of Jan I went over on carbs and thought "feck it" and went totally off the wagon and had everything.

Keto is great if you don't cheat. If you don't do it 100% it doesn't really work.

Did I miss you saying you were doing SW? *blinks* Good to have you on board! There are so many instagram accounts for motivation. Do you do it at home or a group?

I’m struggling this week - my appetite has come back :s Forgive me SW for I have synned! lol. My head needs to get back in the game for real. I have that dang cough from before Christmas, it’s like 95% better but it’s hanging around so my energy is still low. I want to go to the gym but I’m just SO tired! Hoping this weekend though. Send for a St Bernard :D
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    RunRaineyRun
    Week 1
    Thursday
    PW: 243
    CW: 243

At least it’s not a gain, right? LOL! That’s how I’m looking at it. ‘No shame in a gain or a maintain’ as they say at group. There’s still a bit of me that does feel shame but I’m working on being kinder to myself. I remember when I first started Slimming World I’d had a bad few weeks and I told myself stressing out was keeping my cortisol level high (which can lead to weight gain - I can attest to that from last year) so one week I was kind to myself and if I slipped up I said it’s okay, you can only do what you can do, you’re doing your best etc... and the week after I had a loss! I need to do that again.

Breathe in happy, breathe out fear!

Steps -
    Sun: 524 (I have the Fitbit blaze and have to take it apart to charge it, and I forgot to put it back on)
    Mon: 4885
    Tue: 4402
    Wed: 5472

I can do so much better than that! Come on, whatever is still left of this virus, time to go so I can get back to being a beast! :D
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Weigh in : 262.1 *sigh*

Hi @TuesdayLucero -- your team is Waist Aways. I have posted your weight on their spreadsheet, but their thread is where you will need to post.
    Here is a link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10723430/waist-aways-february-2019#latest

Feel free to come to our page anytime to chat!!!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    2/5 12554
    2/6 12226
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    @ShowKitten What is your opinion about Keto. Did it help you reach your goals? I always wanted to do Keto, but it is very tough to stay within 50g of carbs for vegetarians. Btw, overnight oats 👍.

I really liked keto, in 2017 I lost 50 lbs on it. My main problem is that I love vegetables so I found it hard not eating a lot of carrots etc. I've switched off it this year as I have new medication which is giving me a lot of stomach issues and a lot of the foods I liked eating on keto are aggravating this - I actually looked about 9 months pregnant last week - so Ive switched to Slimming World so I can up my vegetables. Plus, this lets me have little treats if I put them as 'syns'. The last part of Jan I went over on carbs and thought "feck it" and went totally off the wagon and had everything.

Keto is great if you don't cheat. If you don't do it 100% it doesn't really work.

Did I miss you saying you were doing SW? *blinks* Good to have you on board! There are so many instagram accounts for motivation. Do you do it at home or a group?

I’m struggling this week - my appetite has come back :s Forgive me SW for I have synned! lol. My head needs to get back in the game for real. I have that dang cough from before Christmas, it’s like 95% better but it’s hanging around so my energy is still low. I want to go to the gym but I’m just SO tired! Hoping this weekend though. Send for a St Bernard :D

I just joined Tuesday and started yesterday! Doing online as my anxiety of groups is v real. I might work up the courage in future ha. I'll be coming to you for recipes.

Sorry you're struggling. There's definitely a nasty cold going round our parts. My mum is still struggling from December with her sinuses. Hopefully it leaves you soon ❤️
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options

50lb, that is awesome. I have to loose 21lb before August. My main issue is I have high% of body fat. Given my heavy cardio training, I am struggling to loose the fat. I have started to eat more protein and less carbs(100g net carbs) and hoping that it will help me shed some fat during the pre season before major training kicks in.

Oooh 21 by August you can do this! Upping protein sounds like a great plan :)
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    TattooedDolphinGirl78
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW: 202.6
    CW: 202.8
  • amlw17
    amlw17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Morning guys! Have had a week where I’ve ended up eating out a few times, not counted everything but don’t think I’ve done too badly! We’ll see on Monday :)
    Going to my aunts birthday party tomorrow as well I know there will be loads of food! But I have bought myself a lovely dress that fits and looks great :)
    Hope you all have a great weekend!

Steps challenge 2/7 - 5748
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Step Challenge:
    02/03 6,416
    02/04 8,802
    02/05 5,313
    02/06 6,370
    02/07 8,518
  • suzabelle522
    suzabelle522 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Step challenge:

2/7: 9,587
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Week1
    Friday
    PW: 332
    CW: 332.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Lindamtuck2018
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW: 262.8
    CW: 260.8
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    2/7 13784
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    RunRaineyRun
    Week 1
    Thursday
    PW: 243
    CW: 243

At least it’s not a gain, right? LOL! That’s how I’m looking at it. ‘No shame in a gain or a maintain’ as they say at group. There’s still a bit of me that does feel shame but I’m working on being kinder to myself. I remember when I first started Slimming World I’d had a bad few weeks and I told myself stressing out was keeping my cortisol level high (which can lead to weight gain - I can attest to that from last year) so one week I was kind to myself and if I slipped up I said it’s okay, you can only do what you can do, you’re doing your best etc... and the week after I had a loss! I need to do that again.

Breathe in happy, breathe out fear!

Steps -
    Sun: 524 (I have the Fitbit blaze and have to take it apart to charge it, and I forgot to put it back on)
    Mon: 4885
    Tue: 4402
    Wed: 5472

I can do so much better than that! Come on, whatever is still left of this virus, time to go so I can get back to being a beast! :D

Definitely be kind to yourself! We all could use more of that. This is a lifestyle change we are making so its a marathon not a sprint. Hang in there for the long haul. 🙂👍🏼👍🏼
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 Is it ok if I weigh in on Tuesday next week instead of Monday? I’m going to be out of town. Please let me know. Thanks!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Coleen312 wrote: »
    @Beka3695 Is it ok if I weigh in on Tuesday next week instead of Monday? I’m going to be out of town. Please let me know. Thanks!!

This will be fine
  • Beka3695
    Options
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS

OVERDUE
    @PVS1712
    @cmbarbato71
    @grizziegriz
    @Appletonium
    @roderickfung
    @MarilynTC