Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    Last week's weight: 305.4lbs
    Current weight: 299.6lbs

Obviously I am not in onderland, and unfortunately the only term I know for where I am is still morbidly obese. However, I am still very happy! Before January I resigned myself to being fat always, which made me sad, and in turn I ate too much as comfort, making myself heavier. On January 6th I was told to lose 50 lbs. But I didn't start then. I, instead, was angry and refused. On January 19th, I threw my hands up in the air and said fine I'll try. Luckily coming to groups like this has kept me so motivated. I am not at the 50 lbs yet, but I am in a much better place of mind, and want to thank all of you for that.

@Jl20alon2564, congratulations on losing almost six pounds this week and leaving the three's FOREVER!!! I love Mike's designation of TWOTER TOWN, so welcome to TWOTER TOWN!!! For the sake of your health, I am so glad that you decided to give it a try, as opposed to giving up!! Your first goal of 50 pounds lost is not that far off!! I would say that January 19th is now your lucky day and I feel honoured to be a part of your journey.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    The April thread is up and running. Please take a moment to pop over there and introduce yourselves to the new team mates that will be forthcoming. If you know you are not going to continue into April, please let me know!! I do not want to have to chase you down for the next two weeks, looking for a weigh-in!!

@drea2011, @aminor55, now's your chance to register for April if you would like to officially return to The Big Butt Theory.

@karrihowlett, @mickey10111, you will be automatically rolled over into April as I have been transferring your weight over. If you could pop back on here around the 29th or 30th of March and give me an updated weight that would be appreciated. Your starting weight for April should be accurate, and not the one from a few weeks ago.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thank you, Pam, @pkg1998, for looking after the team while I was away for the weekend.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Username brandi_84
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting: 183
    Week 1: 183
    Week 2 : 185
    Week 3: 181
    Week 4: 181

No loss this week :(

@brandi_84, considering you lost four pounds last week, holding steady this week is a win! Keep pushing forward and the number on the scales will drop again in no time!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    File me into the category with everyone else who had been sick 😷
    I’m also going to be away for half of this week so my goal is to just get rest in hopes of getting better (although I am very stubborn and had to talk myself out of going to the gym). So this will be a big ol ‘no week’ for me on the mini challenge.
    I have been tracking and keeping my calories under goal so hopefully my week isnt a total loss.
    Since I will be gone I am going to weigh in early this week, on Wednesday, instead of my regular Friday.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    File me into the category with everyone else who had been sick 😷
    I’m also going to be away for half of this week so my goal is to just get rest in hopes of getting better (although I am very stubborn and had to talk myself out of going to the gym). So this will be a big ol ‘no week’ for me on the mini challenge.
    I have been tracking and keeping my calories under goal so hopefully my week isnt a total loss.
    Since I will be gone I am going to weigh in early this week, on Wednesday, instead of my regular Friday.

@erikNJ, I hope you feel better by the end of the week so you can enjoy your time away.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 4 – 3/25 – Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – did 59 minutes of walking

NSV - I did not indulge in the cookies this week brought over by neighbor. I also had a check-up with doctor and new blood work, she said I did not have to get the cholesterol checked because was good last time (6 months ago). Lastly, I am finally seeing the doctor every 6 months with hopes of eventual once the year. She also answered some of my questions with eating healthy, and told me to not focus on the amounts (I will continue to stay within in my calories and continue to read labels but not worry about 1 gram or 2 of saturate fats, as this is in even healthy meats, etc.) so much, as long as eating healthy and making good choices, weight loss will happen.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@HASWLRS.
    @pkg1998.
    @Jl20alon2564.
    @Kidkees.
    @Kwinnero.
    @brandi_84.
    @heaz10.
    @Lozenger1984.
    @CCzMini.
    @cmhubbard92.
    @eatingfoodles.
    @24blfn.
    @Prehistoricmoongoddess.
    @cossmoss15.
    @ForLangston.
    @karrihowlett.
    @mickey10111.
    @Nicoletime4me.
    @Bradleys8299.
    @Coral333.
    @erikNJ.
    @Grandmajackie.
    @jlbtnc.
    @mikea2g.
    @murdog3t.
    @swauters.
    @thedestar.
    @Tracie_Lord.
    @abowersgirl.
    @kc9agz.

This is the last week of the March Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the April Challenge.

The April challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10734811/team-the-big-butt-theory-april#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,028 Member
    Options
    3/25/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minute walk.

I didn't go to the gym this morning before work. I wanted to judge how I felt working and everything. I felt pretty good, so I went to the boardwalk (about a 10-minute drive from work) and walked the whole thing to the end and back. I didn't have an extra layer, so I was quite chilly(windy and cloudy), but I felt good! Spoiler shows some of the pictures I took on my walk!
    sjgc6wsaa2ba.jpg

w9ylcofnljs4.jpg

mtxaelvuw5np.jpg
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Week 4 – 3/25 – Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – did 59 minutes of walking

NSV - I did not indulge in the cookies this week brought over by neighbor. I also had a check-up with doctor and new blood work, she said I did not have to get the cholesterol checked because was good last time (6 months ago). Lastly, I am finally seeing the doctor every 6 months with hopes of eventual once the year. She also answered some of my questions with eating healthy, and told me to not focus on the amounts (I will continue to stay within in my calories and continue to read labels but not worry about 1 gram or 2 of saturate fats, as this is in even healthy meats, etc.) so much, as long as eating healthy and making good choices, weight loss will happen.

@jlbtnc, very well done on the NSV's..... no cookies, and good cholesterol!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    3/25/19 Mini Challenge

I didn't go to the gym this morning before work. I wanted to judge how I felt working and everything. I felt pretty good, so I went to the boardwalk (about a 10-minute drive from work) and walked the whole thing to the end and back. I didn't have an extra layer, so I was quite chilly(windy and cloudy), but I felt good! Spoiler shows some of the pictures I took on my walk!
    sjgc6wsaa2ba.jpg

w9ylcofnljs4.jpg

mtxaelvuw5np.jpg

@cmhubbard92, beautiful shots! If I lived near an ocean, I would walk the boardwalk often!!! Very good news that you felt good at work today and after your walk!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,028 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    3/25/19 Mini Challenge

sjgc6wsaa2ba.jpg

w9ylcofnljs4.jpg

mtxaelvuw5np.jpg

@cmhubbard92, beautiful shots! If I lived near an ocean, I would walk the boardwalk often!!! Very good news that you felt good at work today and after your walk!!

It definitely was beautiful! There were a handful of others walking/jogging. They were all smarter and had on other layers! I just had a long sleeve shirt, and was getting chilled by the wind! Next time I will remember to put my sweatshirt on before I go for my walk!

Right now is pretty much the only time of year when the boardwalk is not too crowded. In the summer, you cannot find a parking spot, and are literally bumping in to people trying to simply walk! I used to live a mile from it, so I would frequently walk through a nearby park, walk the boardwalk, and loop back through "Main Street" and grab a cold drink and Tiramisu from the bakery(on occasion), on my way back home! It is a beautiful town, but horrible with beach traffic! For now, I am back in my hometown, and like to either hike the nearby woods, or ride my bike to the lake(also horrible for parking!) And go for a nice dip on a hot day!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge

Date: Mon, 25th:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, cleaning and treadmill
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    March 25