TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to April and a special welcome to the newcomers. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the team, and tell us a little bit about your goals for the month.

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am your captain for April along with Pam, @pkg1998. I have been with The Big Butt Theory for about a year and a half now. I am 52, a Canadian living in Southern Ontario, married 27 years and have two grown sons.

Being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water, when I am struggling!! If you are struggling, it can help you, too. So, the more you interact, the more you will feel the team's support.

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EDT, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

Yes, this is a weight loss challenge, but I would like you to think of it more as a support group. Sometimes, you can do all the right things, but the scale just doesn't move. If you have taken measurements you will be able to see that you are making progress, just not contributing to the team's weight loss. But we don't want you to despair, or leave, if this happens, thus the focus on the "support" aspect!

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great April everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The April Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, March 31st, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, March 31st!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Hello TBBT!

I'm Christine, and this will be my third month in TBBT! I started back in November on my journey(for the millionth time over!) And became a part of TBBT in February! I'm looking forward to another month of focus!!!

I do want to give a heads up to @HASWLRS that April 16th will be a travel day coming back from my trip, and may have to postpone my weigh in until the 17th(Wednesday) or 18th(Thursday) that week if possible!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello TBBT!

I'm Christine, and this will be my third month in TBBT! I started back in November on my journey(for the millionth time over!) And became a part of TBBT in February! I'm looking forward to another month of focus!!!

I do want to give a heads up to @HASWLRS that April 16th will be a travel day coming back from my trip, and may have to postpone my weigh in until the 17th(Wednesday) or 18th(Thursday) that week if possible!

@cmhubbard92, that's fine, Christine!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello TBBT!

@cmhubbard92, that's fine, Christine!

Thank you, Lisa!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jennifer and I am glad to be apart of this group for another month. I learned somethings about myself in March. I can be strong and not eat the cookies that come in my house, plus had a doctors appointment that went well and take the doctors advice and not to focus on the numbers too much. I can be obsessive with it and this can also derail you. My head is in the right spot and want to keep it there. I had a good month and look forward to another good month.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    nordiera wrote: »
    Good day everyone I’m Almarie . Well this is my starting point to a very long path ahead, but every journey starts with a single step so here is to the first step. I’m 32 years old, a mom of a beautiful 4-month-old baby and wife to an amazing husband. I’m from South Africa so I guess that’s already my first challenge to start thinking in lbs and not in kg 😊. (Have to have my conversion calculator open next to me every time). My biggest challenge in a weightloss journey is to actually be held accountable for my actions. I know that if there is no one looking at the results (except myself)then I’m not motivated hence the whole reason for trying to be part of this group and taking accountability for my actions. Hope you are all ready for this April challenge I know I am and looking forward in following everyone’s daily stories!

@nordiera, welcome to The Big Butt Theory!! And you are absolutely right....every journey starts with a single step!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Hello TBBT! My name is Drea and I’m back after taking the winter off...I’m excited to get back in the groove and be held accountable with a like minded team!

I’m a teacher, no babies of my own (2 fur babies) and I live in Columbus, Ohio.

I’ve been a vegetarian my whole life but I made the switch to vegan this month bc I just do t see any health benefits to cheese which was the only thing I ate that wasn’t plant based.

Looking forward to getting reacclimated to the team and getting to know you all!

My weigh days will be Monday.

@drea2011, make sure you post a starting weight in the registration thread for April and request to be put back on The Big Butt Theory. Until that happens you are not officially a member of TBBT.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Whoops!
    Sw: 243.5
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello TBBT! My name is Drea and I’m back after taking the winter off...I’m excited to get back in the groove and be held accountable with a like minded team!

I’m a teacher, no babies of my own (2 fur babies) and I live in Columbus, Ohio.

I’ve been a vegetarian my whole life but I made the switch to vegan this month bc I just do t see any health benefits to cheese which was the only thing I ate that wasn’t plant based.

Looking forward to getting reacclimated to the team and getting to know you all!

My weigh days will be Monday.

@drea2011, make sure you post a starting weight in the registration thread for April and request to be put back on The Big Butt Theory. Until that happens you are not officially a member of TBBT.

• drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Also I want to rejoin tbb! 😊😊
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a 31 Year old stay at home mom to 4 kiddos ages 8, 6, 3, and 16 months. We recently moved but I think we're all settled in to our new place so no more excuses, time to get into a good routine. Ideally I'd like to be around 135lbs but really I'd be happy to be under 145lbs.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,899 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I’m Jackie from Washington State, I’m looking to lose about 15. I’m in a couple other challenges the Hogwarts and GoT too. Both of those, their format is more geared toward exercising so since I’m struggling right now with eating. this challenge, it’s a great way for me to have some accountability.

Plus in June my daughter and I are running a half marathon, I’m starting to get back into running. I love the concept of this challenge, logging regularly would definitely help.
    3fhywfelrkfo.jpeg
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi! I’m Beth from Nebraska. I’m 44 years old, mom to 3 teenagers plus a foreign exchange student this year and two naughty little dogs. I teach first grade at the best school on the planet.

I used MFP 5 years ago and lost 20 pounds to get to my goal weight - yay! A year later I had a foot injury and put on about 30 pounds. Had surgery, put on another 20 and then I just stopped caring. Started again in January and it’s been slow going. I’ve lost 10 pounds so far - about 40 more to go.

Also, I’m having foot surgery AGAIN in two weeks for a torn tendon as a result of my starting exercise too fast and furious!. I am determined not to let it get out of hand again, so I need this group to keep me accountable. Nice to meet everyone so far!

@bethann51774, welcome, Beth! It sounds like you have a busy household!! Sorry to hear you have to have surgery again. Hopefully being a part of this group will keep you accountable while you are recovering and nothing will get out of control this time!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I’m Jackie from Washington State, I’m looking to lose about 15. I’m in a couple other challenges the Hogwarts and GoT too. Both of those, their format is more geared toward exercising so since I’m struggling right now with eating. this challenge, it’s a great way for me to have some accountability.

Plus in June my daughter and I are running a half marathon, I’m starting to get back into running. I love the concept of this challenge, logging regularly would definitely help.
    3fhywfelrkfo.jpeg

@GrandmaJackie, that is such a true and motivating quote!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Also I want to rejoin tbb! 😊😊

We do tooooo!! :)
This discussion has been closed.