TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I get really aggravated at the main message boards sometimes. Someone (their very first post) asked in the Getting Started thread how to get MFP to calculate calories burned for their steps taken during the day. I think their total was something like 4500 steps. Two or three people chimed in and started talking about how walking isn't really much exercise and doesn't burn many calories, etc. No one even tried to answer the question. Only one person said that calories burned depends on your weight and that if you are heavy you do burn a lot of calories walking. Some of those people need to realize that many of us started here grossly out of shape and that walking is a great place to start. When I started 4500 steps would have been a lot. Sorry, this is my rant for the week .

@CindyJNC1963 I think that some people are just butt-hats and need to stay away from threads, they aren't helping anyone by saying that walking isn't much exercise, one--for some it's all they can do to start and you have to start SOMEWHERE and two--who the hell are you to judge someone else who is trying to better themselves...if you don't have anything constructive to say, say nothing...now MAYBE they were trying to say that 4500 steps isn't a lot over the course of the day, although for me, that's a good long walk...and that maybe they'd be better off not counting it in their daily total, that one I could see, because you'll create a bit more of a deficit by not counting it or adding it back in to your calorie totals, but there's probably a better way to say that than "that's not really a lot of walking or walking isn't a lot of exercise."

And this is why it took me years before I spoke up online, there's so many people out there who are just jerks and not helpful in any way...and should just keep their mouths closed or fingers off the keyboard...just saying. Now I try to be a force for good, hopefully there will be more people that do that someday...

And now I'm off to WALK in the rain before I start my weights.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    I get really aggravated at the main message boards sometimes. Someone (their very first post) asked in the Getting Started thread how to get MFP to calculate calories burned for their steps taken during the day. I think their total was something like 4500 steps. Two or three people chimed in and started talking about how walking isn't really much exercise and doesn't burn many calories, etc. No one even tried to answer the question. Only one person said that calories burned depends on your weight and that if you are heavy you do burn a lot of calories walking. Some of those people need to realize that many of us started here grossly out of shape and that walking is a great place to start. When I started 4500 steps would have been a lot. Sorry, this is my rant for the week .

When I started my journey here the only exercise that I could do was walk.... I started with only 1/2 mile a day... and worked my way up--and managed to lose all of my weight with walking outside or on the treadmill in the winter time (January-March of that year).

I agree with Ashley though--the forums are not always full of positive talk, inspiration and good advice--though there is some there sometimes--- it's an open forum and people give their opinions... so you must look away🙅🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️😆

And now Goldie and I are off to walk off some calories!!👊😉🐩🐾🐾🐾
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Steps 9897
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 120 mins aquasize walking
    Tomorrow's plan: walking, weights and house cleaning
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday , March 28th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, fasting
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Strength training class & Zumba (morning) & walking Goldie 🐩🐾(evening)
    ✅ Water: 229.8
    ✅ Steps: 14,290/ 7.5 miles

🗣Comments: Exhausted---so happy tomorrow is Friday---looking forward to going out tomorrow night and needing a rest day!

HAPPY THURSDAY!👊😅💦

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options

The forums are disappointing a lot of times. I did walking today as my exercise! The forums are like a buffet - some good items, some great, and some stinky eggs you just have to walk away from! :)
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    My husband made poutine (French fries, gravy, mozzarella cheese, left over roast beef). All I have to say is OMG. So glad we don’t eat like this everyday!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: March 28

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No. might still do something this evening. Stretches or some floor exercises.

My son was much better today! Yay he was himself!

Tomorrow last weigh in for the month. Sigh. After a significant drop early in the week, my weights been climbing all week due to my issues that have reoccurred. So I have no idea what it will be tomorrow. 😕
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I did a post for Wednesday 3/27
    Steps: 13,694
    Exercise: Went on a 4 mile hike with puppy dog. Awesome weather-- I lead a weekly dog hike through Meetup always a fun time! Legs still pretty sore from previous day of kickboxing doing weighted squats. OUCH.

Thursday 3/28

Steps: 10,256
    Exercise: 3 mile run on the treadmill (it was rainy here today). Still doing my plank challenges. I'm in 5 daily challenges and leading in 4, super excited and surprised. My core is feeling so strong! Who know that at 54 yoa I might see abs in my future! :D
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: stairs at work and 100 squats
    Water: 150 oz

Did well today and resisted cake! Ate some frosting though.... it was soooo good... lol
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: March 28th

Calories under goal: No, went out to dinner with friends so I splurged a little. Went over by about 100 calories.
    Exercise: 12,850 steps + 9 flights of steps
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 175oz
    Goals/comments
    Had a good day learned my broccoli needs to be cooked for 5minutes. Looking forward to meeting with the Pain Management doctor and Physical therapist tomorrow since I got my 80% nutrition down I really need consistent 20% exercise so working with the PT will help tremendously with working out safely.

GOOD NIGHT TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY STAYING POSITIVE
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: No
    Calories: No I think
    Exercise: No

Hectic day

I hope today was better--being your BIRTHDAY and all!!!

🎁🎈🎉💫❤️🎶🎁🍰🎂❤️🎁🎈🎈💫❤️🎶🎁💥😝🎉🎂🎈
    HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY WISHES TO YOU and @Fitness327wk
    🎁🎈🎉💫❤️🎶🎁🍰🎂❤️🎁🎈🎈💫❤️🎶🎁💥😝🎉🎂🎈

Awww thank you Nancy! ♥️♥️♥️
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: No

Enjoyed a lovely b-day dinner with my husband and boys!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Yes
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: No

Enjoyed a lovely b-day dinner with my husband and boys!

Happy belated birthday glad you enjoyed your day 🎂🎂🎂🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉
  • gjaholy33
    edited March 2019
    Options
    🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM SLIMSONS🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♀️

🧘‍♀️🧘‍♂️ TODAY'S INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️

8rx7xc8g9fy6.jpg

Have a blessed and productive day!💃🏾💃🏾

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria
  • CourtneyLomonaco