TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was a member of team gutbusters in the past (nov/dec) can I be placed back on the team for March or do I need to go back through the March registration page?
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello! Euronorris here. 36 years old, UK, Mother of one with an ultimate target weight of 135lbs. I'm starting this round off at 179.4lbs, and hope to get to 171.4lbs by the end of it! :)
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @dommylifts, good to see you back! I'll let Ashley know!!
    Blessings,
    Bonnie
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thanks will also be staying for the March challenge
  • shadow2641
    shadow2641 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am new to this challenge and am really excited for the support of a team to help with my challenges through weight-loss. I have been on a plateau for about the last year or so, stuck in the same 218-230 range. I am currently down to 224 and have been exercising and eating better. So I cannot wait to do this for many months to come until I am down to my goal of 140ish! :)
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @shadow2641, glad to have you! Have you signed in on the registration page?
  • shadow2641
    shadow2641 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 I have. I checked today and noticed this was the team I have been assigned to. :)
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Awesome,@shadow2641! So glad to have you with us!!
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good evening, just assigned to this team! First month doing this, looking to respawn and focus more on my eating/calories. Starting at 165.4 lbs, hoping to lose an average pound per week.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the team, @lifeisspiffy! Glad to have you with us!

@matthewsfive, glad we'll have another month together!!

Oh, and I'm Bonnie and co-captain of The Gutbusters. I live in Nashville TN. I have been married for 33 years and have two grown sons (one married and one single). We have a foster Schnauzer Ollie, who likes to take me on walks when my knee permits. This is such a great challenge and has been so helpful to keep me accountable for logging all my food and exercise each day.

Bonnie in Nashville TN
  • Kimmie_H81
    Kimmie_H81 Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Happy to be continuing with Gutbusters. Checking in each week through Feb has kept me accountable.
    Started Feb at 199 and am currently sitting at 192.6 as of this morning so looking forward to getting in the 180's during March.
    Goal is 150 but allowing myself the rest of the year to hit that. It will get harder as i near my goal so trying to be realistic and i'm allowing for setbacks (or 'bumps in the road' as i like to call them).
    I would absolutely LOVE to be at 180 by the time i go on holiday in May and as long as i don't go nuts on the All Inclusive, i'd like to reach 174 by the time i go to a 5 day Rock festival in June.
    There... that's my mission statement :-D
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is my first time joining a challenge on here. I've had MFP for awhile but have always been inconsistent with logging my food, I'll do good for a while then seem to jump ship then back on. The last several weeks I feel I've done with logging in daily and hopefully this challenge will keep me accountable as well.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Glad you'll be continuing with the team, @Kimmie_H81 and nice to have you with us @shalvy2007. Have you registered on the March page yet? If not, go here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729133/march-new-member-registration-starting-weights#latest
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've have MFP for quite a few years now and this is my first time joining a challenge like this or even participating in the community feature so I'm excited. Was doing really good with weight after my surprise baby, which made baby #3 with two older kids 10 and 12 years of age. At 33 however I haven't quite bounced back from the birth control weight. I was also on bed rest my whole pregnancy before he was born 2 months early, so depression played a part in weight gain as well. Took awhile to get to my current weight of 177 because my issue is I don't seem to eat enough calories. I've had luck meeting calorie and macro goals however starting the Mediterranean diet. I tried intermittent fasting for awhile but I found, for me personally, it put my body in starvation mode and I'd start unhealthy habits. I also TRY and lift at least twice a week. It don't always work out that way with an 11 month old who is teething and pre teens who you have to referee with 24/7 haha. The beach is my motivation. I want to enjoy my time with my man and kids this summer without any anxiety and insecurities! Good luck team and thanks for having me 😊
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Hi, back again for month 3. Slow but progress all the same - I'm losing, not gaining!

I'm a 51 YO female; 5'2"; Mum of 2 grown boys; wife of 1;) Live in San Diego, formerly of Zimbabwe and Zambia.

First weigh in was 12/31:- 174
    Last weigh in 2/25:- 163.6

Goal this month will hopefully see me drop below 160. But for now, I've dropped out of 'obese' on the BMI and now I'm classified as 'just fat'!! Wow, never thought in my life that I would be obese, but I hope never to be back there again.

Have a great month everyone....good luck!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sarah. I was really happy with my progress last month. This month I want to get down to 60kg. My goal is 59 kg, or whatever it takes to lose my tummy. I'm sick with a cold today but the weathers nice so hoping to go for a walk tonight.
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Dominique here, 31/F. I’ve done this challenge in the past but let things slip at the beginning of the year.

My current lifestyle choice is low carb eating and I’ve been happy with my results and how I feel. I plan on sticking with that throughout March to see if it’s something I can do long term.

My starting weight when I signed up for March was 157.6. I have lost a bit since then. My goal weight is 140. I hope to get under 150 this month.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    matthewsfive
    March
    SW:245.2
    CW:245.2
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    March 3
    Exercised? Yes. Some cleaning