TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good morning, Gutbusters!!

If you haven't already, please tell introduce yourself.

Today is the first Week 1 weigh-in day for March. If your weigh-in day is Sunday, please weigh-in today.

For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:

When do I post my weigh-in?

Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month. You can also check the spreadsheet to see what your scheduled weigh-in day is.

Why is Week 1 beginning on Sunday? Haven't we already posted our starting weights?

Think of it as a first birthday. You're born, then you have to live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.

How do I post my weigh-in?

Your posts should look like this:

Username:
    Week: March Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight in lbs
    CW: Current Weight in lbs

What's my previous weight?

If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread, or check out the current spreadsheet to see what your posted info says. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.

I'm still confused. Who can help me?

Just ask a question here and tag me at @BonnieHosk85, or PM me and we'll do our best to get back as soon as possible.

Thanks for being in the challenge and have a great month of being a loser!!

Blessings,
    Bonnie
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week

When you think about your weight goals, what does success look like for you? I challenge you to try to describe your success without referring to numbers (on scales, on clothes, on weight-lifting, etc).

• BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 when I registered I said my current weight was weighed on that monday but I posted it on Wednesday two days after I weighed myself. Do I stick to Monday's or is my weigh in day Wednesday?
  • elsper24
    elsper24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Elsper24
    PW: 240 lbs
    CW: 239 lbs
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    March 2
    SW 177
    CW 177
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When you think about your weight goals, what does success look like for you?

Being any to walk with no pain!
  • shadow2641
    shadow2641 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Username: Shadow2641
    Week: March Week 1 (Sunday weigh-in)
    PW: 224.3
    CW: 224.0

had a rough week of ups and downs in my weight (I was down to 221). Still working on a routine, which is difficult working a 4p-12a shift and getting mandated to stay often. It should be winding down and I will come up with a program that works.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    The Week 4 Results and February final results have been posted in February's thread here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10722846/team-gutbusters-february#latest
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @LesIckaBod, you have done so well and come so far! What an inspiration you are!!

@BB_1033, we have you down for Monday weigh-ins. We can certainly change that if you'd like. Just let me know.

@Elsper24, nice loss! Congrats!

@shalvy2007, we've got your weigh-in day as Monday. Would you like that to change to Sunday, or is it Monday where you are? :)

@matthewsfive, same here!! I was able to walk two times last week without much pain. So grateful!

@tina3311c, congrats on that great loss! I deal with both as well and it's hard when meds get in the way, but we can do this!!

@shadow2641, congrats on the loss! You'll see that number again very soon! You've got this!

QOTW: When you think about your weight goals, what does success look like for you?

Being able to see a photograph of myself or look in the mirror and not cringe. We went out last night with friends and I had my husband take a photo of me before we left. I did a collage of the "beginning" photo next to last night's photo. I'm only down 18 pounds between the two photos but I'm beginning to see a change.
    3fbp2n3cltsl.jpg

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Week: March Week 1 (monday weigh-in)
    PW: 134
    CW: 132.7

No difference except I've gone down in medication. Glad to lose this much!

• BonnieHosk85
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @12Sarah2015, congrats on your loss! We've got your weigh-in day as a Wednesday. Just verifying that you want it to be a Monday.
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    @12Sarah2015, congrats on your loss! We've got your weigh-in day as a Wednesday. Just verifying that you want it to be a Monday.

Yes I would like it to be Mondays this month
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? recumbent bike 20 minutes, 6.24 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@12Sarah2015 :+1:
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week

When you think about your weight goals, what does success look like for you? I challenge you to try to describe your success without referring to numbers (on scales, on clothes, on weight-lifting, etc).

* Success to me is looking and feeling good in whatever I pick out of my wardrobe for the day. I'm so tired of looking like a sack!
    * I also work elementary Special Ed, I had a break of just over a year where I just needed a time away, plus we moved from the top of the state to the bottom. I'm back at it again and I've realized I have to be fit and healthy to do the best job I can. It's a challenging job almost every day and I want to do better.

That's success to me!
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    Question of the Week

* Success to me is being fit enough to run and not feel puffed. We are designed to move and this is part of being healthy. I'm still working on this goal (sick this week so I've got a pass for a while)
    * success to me is eating natural foods. We have switched as a family to brown rice and everyone is loving it.
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 I read that our first weigh in would be this Sunday so that's what I followed I can continue with my weigh in on Sunday's no prob there
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Question of the Week

For me it is a couple of things:
    1) loosing my belly fat - Like most men in their mid 40's this is where we store our weight. I have been achieving this goal and notice when I buckle my pants and wear certain cloths.

2) better health - I just had some blood work done and my numbers have improved since I have started back at MFP / TBL Monthly Challenge. My doctor is happy and says "Keep at it". The more weight I loose the less my body has to work while I am over weight.

• gf7004
    gf7004 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: gf7004
    PW: 224.5
    CW: 220.5
This discussion has been closed.