MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE - March 2019

Options

Replies

• embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday Slimpossibles!

My name is Jen and one of your team captains along with the always Awesome @broncobuddee! It was so great to wake up and see all of the posts this morning along with Mark’s great summary of our team and challenges.

As for introductions - I am a 43 year old mother of 2 - 12 and almost 6 year old boy and girl respectively. I also work full time outside of the house at the city’s public library. I work in Human Resources. I live in the frigid city of Calgary, Alberta. 🥶 I can’t wait for winter to be over!!!

Warm welcome to @angielove88 and @embersdream! @embersdream - when I read your introduction it was very familiar. After my first child I lost a lot of weight and it came off easy. I don’t remember struggling or ever feeling frustrated with the pace of the weight loss; it just happened I loved how I looked and felt. I gained 50lbs with my second child and I’m still trying to lose it. It’s been a long slow road for me. I feel like I have tried many things but at the end of the day what I always come back to is consistency. This journey requires consistency and willpower. A few things that are working for me recently are:
    1. Pre-planning (which I did last night while we watched the hockey game)
    2. Moving more
    3. Really watching calories in and calories out through MFP and my FitBit

@embersdream - this team is great. You will learn a tonne about yourself and your journey.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Thank you. We got this !
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Username:embersdream
    Weigh in day: Monday’s
    Weigh in eeek: 1
    SW: 205.1
    Cw: 203.7
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories; happy where they are
    Water; over
    Exercise; resting knee small injury so 60 mins spin only
    Tomorrow; will try and get some cardio in, but heavy work day

Sorry guys, only 7, 532 steps
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! This is a great group so jump right in and have fun! :)

Sunday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was going to do an hour and my knee started acting up...again! So, I got off in hopes that tomorrow I can resume my normal activities.

@UTMom81, Amicalola Falls is an hour and a half north of me and I've never been there! Just might need to schedule a road trip. But my knee is going to have to be a whole lot better to climb all those steps!! :#:p

Steps:
    3/1-3198
    3/2-8402
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Jen W. from Wisconsin. (I'd like to complain also about the winter, but @Kres567 has us beat for sure!) I have two grown boys, one at home, a dog Monroe, and a husband, Dan. I work as an Executive Assistant for a medium sized company.

I started back up with Slimpossibles a few months ago. I'm looking for extra accountability in the tracking/eating and strength areas. There are so many fun, supportive people on this fantastic team.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members! I am Sharon and I live in the Niagara area in Ontario, Canada. I am the mother of twin boys (almost 17) and I run a private home daycare since my boys were babies.

I have struggled with weight most of my life. Boy, if I knew then what I know now!! I have tried using MFP to lose weight in recent years and failed miserably so I have learned the eating plan that works best for me is Weight Watchers. However, back in October my sister invited me to join this group and I love the support I receive here. It has been a great tool for me (in addition to WW) to not give up on this journey we are all on. I have learned so much and continue to learn from everyone here.

A big thank you to all our leaders, motivators and members that all work to make this group what it is. I appreciate you all!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    AFTERNOON TEAM

HEY WHEN YOU POST YOUR PICS ON HERE FOR YOUR BREAKFAST PLEASE ALSO POST THEM ON THE MOD CHALLENGE AS WELL
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730390/week-1-mods-challenge-build-a-better-breakfast#latest
    THANKS.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Check in for yesterday and today....

Calories/WW points were way over
    Water didn’t track that but I know it was not enough.
    Exercise didn’t happen for me as I hoped this weekend. Did not find any me time even though it almost happened Saturday. Sat on my butt watching ball hockey all weekend. Good news is my boys’ team won the whole thing. So happy for them.

My weekend did not turn out at all like I planned. Such is life. So now I am seriously in the negative for my WW points. (Too many cocktails and too many snacks.). I will spend the next couple of days being as active as I can to attempt to still have a loss this week. I had such high hopes for this weekend too! But I will say my goal was to make at least one improvement for my weekend and I have done that by checking in here and I also tracked every morsel all weekend long which are things I don’t normally do on weekends. So....yay me! Lol
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check In
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Spent time at the gym tonight: elliptical, circuit training. I'm noticing that I am getting stronger. Did one machine I've always been afraid to even try. Didn't figure I could do it, but I did! Not a lot of reps, but it's a starting point.
    Water: good
    Tomorrow:
    • Stay in the green.
    • Get at least 10K steps.
    • Do some kind of workout, even if it is here at home.

Steps: 3/1--10,066
    3/2--16,936
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in:
    Calories : under, which I thought would be harder since I went to the theater( brought in a bag of skinny pop 🍿) and had dinner afterwards. Loving the calories on menus though so I was able to make a good choice.
    Water: slightly under
    Exercise : 30 min cardio fix

Steps: 15004

Tmrw is my day off so I will try and not binge watch any Netflix so I can get more steps in!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/3= 10,516
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check In:
    Tracked - 1/2 day
    Calories Over
    Water Almost
    Exercise: 14,741 Steps for Step Trail.

Goal today: Track and hit water goal.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,580 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Food: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Walked while son was in class (walked loops indoors for 20 minutes), 1 hour aerobic stepping in the evening

Steps for 03/03: 14,816
    I checked. 64,874 steps for me last week. I'll see if I can do at least 66,000 this week.

Monday Plans
    1. Food on plan
    2. At least 10 glasses of water/coffee/green tea/herbal tea
    3. Exercise: martial arts class plus some walking
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Here are the steppers I have registered so far. Please let me know if I register you in error or, better yet, if you wish to join!

UTMom81
    angielove88
    tess5036
    TeresaW1020
    JenAWhite
    AustinRuadhain
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Nil
    water over
    Goal today lots of walking I have two doctors appointments today watch my carbs
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Check in for yesterday and today....

Calories/WW points were way over
    Water didn’t track that but I know it was not enough.
    Exercise didn’t happen for me as I hoped this weekend. Did not find any me time even though it almost happened Saturday. Sat on my butt watching ball hockey all weekend. Good news is my boys’ team won the whole thing. So happy for them.

My weekend did not turn out at all like I planned. Such is life. So now I am seriously in the negative for my WW points. (Too many cocktails and too many snacks.). I will spend the next couple of days being as active as I can to attempt to still have a loss this week. I had such high hopes for this weekend too! But I will say my goal was to make at least one improvement for my weekend and I have done that by checking in here and I also tracked every morsel all weekend long which are things I don’t normally do on weekends. So....yay me! Lol

Definitely some positives from the weekend! Good for you for being so diligent at tracking!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Here are the steppers I have registered so far. Please let me know if I register you in error or, better yet, if you wish to join!

UTMom81
    angielove88
    tess5036
    TeresaW1020
    JenAWhite
    AustinRuadhain

I’d like to join!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Previous Weight: 150.4
    Current Weight: 146.2

Whoosh this week! I am oh-so-close to the normal range for BMI. So excited!

Great job!
This discussion has been closed.