WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Spring Housekeeping!

late weigh-ins - get them in before the official equinox wherever you live :smile:
    @MrsBeckiC1 (Sunday)
    @tdrjustus3 (Monday)

Due today:
    @Nicolajw00

Our spreadsheet has a lot more green so far this week (green=loss) - let's keep up the trend!

STEPPERS
    Can I get some steps numbers from
    @Astrue
    @Blackbeautysue

Thanks <3
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Superglued my torn fitbit band and back to walking at lunch. When I get to the workout first thing in the morning, it sets my day off right (ie don't scoop that headache inducing ice cream from the freezer at work). Reflecting in bed last night that ate right all day, so felt righteous. This morning my wt was down, rejoicing that Na bloat coming off, changed the scale batteries, reweighed myself, and it was 7# higher. Please say a prayer for me.
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Superglued my torn fitbit band and back to walking at lunch. When I get to the workout first thing in the morning, it sets my day off right (ie don't scoop that headache inducing ice cream from the freezer at work). Reflecting in bed last night that ate right all day, so felt righteous. This morning my wt was down, rejoicing that Na bloat coming off, changed the scale batteries, reweighed myself, and it was 7# higher. Please say a prayer for me.

Whenever gadgets don't work right, it feels like they don't like us. Maybe we swear at them too much! But 7 pounds is a lot of crazy difference. Hopefully it all settles down. You had a great day and did NOT eat ice cream. Keep eating right on more days, and it will all work even if the gadgets are broken. B)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    March Steps:

1--8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
    12-6,500
    13-6,200
    14-4,500
    15-4,526
    16-8,845
    17-10,135
    18-10,674
    19-11,632
    20-14,571
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sunday 8,161
    Monday 9,811
    Tuesday 9,234
    Wednesday
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    3/20 - 11,109
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/20~ 10,102
  • jugar
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hmmm. Sitting here putting off my workout. I have been doing housework all morning, and won't be around later this afternoon. So I have to do my workout.

You all have permission to say snarky things to me if I don't come back on later and tell you that I did my workout. :#

Oh - and weigh-ins due today are:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17 (do NOT worry if your scale is now on a different planet than it was last week. Battery failure happens! you know the number might be nothing like how you feel you did this week)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    I love myself enough to put what is CURRENTLY most important to me first on the find-time weekly standing schedule list.

I stepped back from renewing a weekly rush-to-get-home-eat-get-out-again commitment.

Something had to give, so this was it.

What "demonstrating self-love / self-care" action will you do today?

@jugar .... how about ...... your WORKOUT? THERE's an idea! (snarky-but not-tooooo-snarky enough? >:) )
  • jugar
    Options
    Panting - need to stretch more - but it is DONE. Then I get a shower!!!!!

I also figured out why I was putting it off. I started a new level, and it is hard. I feel like a klutz. You know how you hate something you're not good at? Yeah. That's where I am - but I did it and it will get better every time. So good old JUST DO IT works, even though I can't do it well yet, it is the only way for it to go better the next time. I know this, but it still gets me...

The rest of you? Let's hear about today's exercise. I'll post a silly conversation I had with my doctor about exercise a few years ago later if you tell me stories too, ok?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Finishing up my exer-game tour tonight (involves jogging on mini-trampoline in time to music while clicking/opening bubbles on tv screen - good hand-eye-full body-brain coordination practice but not so much variance in pace or range-of-motion work ..... )

Perhaps after that, I will check out just how much my "range-of-motion while maintaining correct dance form" has deteriorated .... determined to start transition out of exergame into push-my-limits Latin dance-ercise core strengthening work. It ain't gonna be pretty at first ..... gotta avoid mental comparison which what I USED to be able to do .... decades ago .... and any resulting self-disparaging internal talk.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sunday 8,161
    Monday 9,811
    Tuesday 9,234
    Wednesday 8,336
    Thursday

Self love and exercise - I will do a little clean up work in my garden while the sun is still up. This is my favorite type of exercise, but I wonder if it’s the best thing for my body. Does it really count? I know it’s often lots of work for sure, but if I do it, then I’m too tired for the gym. Maybe a walk and gardening IDK

I want to hear your funny story @jugar
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weird question. Has anyone had their skin change as a result of changing their diet? I'm having acne like spots on my face break out every couple of days and haven't had that since teenage-hood. Rather annoying...
    Could it be I'm missing some nutrient?
    I won't give up my diet but it is a very unpleasant side-effect...
    Let me know what you think.
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in

PW- 225
    CW-221

Steps
    14 March- 4,546
    15 March- 10,036
    16 March- 7,655
    17 March- 8,541
    18 March- 14,453
    19 March- 10,248
    20 March- 15,325
  • cory17
    Options
    CW 214.8 :#
  • cory17
    Options
    Today's exercise AM Master's swimming (I was late) 50 min. Do my best to get to this t-th as a friend also is there and I like the camaderie. On Mon and Fri generally go to the gym and have been slacking off recently (staying home & eating & watching TV). This is something trying to stop, I like the Jacuzzi there, but there's less immediate incentive to do it.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    March Steps:

1--8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
    12-6,500
    13-6,200
    14-4,500
    15-4,526
    16-8,845
    17-10,135
    18-10,674
    19-11,632
    20-14,571
    21-15,198
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Today's exercise AM Master's swimming (I was late) 50 min. Do my best to get to this t-th as a friend also is there and I like the camaderie. On Mon and Fri generally go to the gym and have been slacking off recently (staying home & eating & watching TV). This is something trying to stop, I like the Jacuzzi there, but there's less immediate incentive to do it.

The swimming sounds like fun -- but even though the gym is less so, and it's probably harder and sometimes uncomfortable, you'll never regret a workout. Let the jacuzzi be your reward, and then you'll really be able to enjoy staying home afterwards!

Well done on the weigh-in! In spite of your :# it looks good to me! Down 2 pounds since we started - you keep that up, and it won't be a crazy landslide, but you'll get there and feel amazing.
  • jugar
    Options
    So I was talking with my doctor about 8 or 9 years ago.

Doctor: You should work on losing some weight and improve your fitness. What do you do for exercise?
    Me (hopefully): I walk a lot.
    Doctor (with an evil grin): Walking is like breathing.
    Me: Breathing is good...
    Doctor: It keeps you alive, and gets you basic existence. To get more than that, you need to do more.

Well, a light went on. I know that walking is better than no exercise, and I did do other things besides walk, but her point hit home. It was only when I started to sweat more, and build more strength, that I started to really enjoy using my body instead of complaining about how much I didn't like it, and that it was starting to hurt more, etc. etc. Not to mention, good blood pressure and other results - just breathing doesn't help those either!

So "walking is like breathing" is my favourite mantra when I'm feeling uninspired. Sure, a day with just breathing and walking sometimes is lovely. But it isn't enough. I laugh when I picture her face saying it - she was looking rather silly.

So I did it - lost the weight and improved my fitness. Then she retired and I got a new doctor. Then I retired. A while back I saw her, and she was looking in less good shape than she had before. I reminded her that walking is like breathing, and had a huge laugh! The next time I saw her, she looked great - her granddaughter comes over to ride my horse sometimes, so we keep up our friendly competition to keep from falling into complacency.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    3/21 - 10,019
    3/22 - 13,681

Hey everyone, Just wanted to let you all know I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow. Heading to Mazatlan. I'll be back a week from Saturday. I probably won't be able to post while there but I'll still be focused on eating healthy and counting steps. Not sure how it works if I can't post my steps.

See y'all in about a week and please don't drop me from the challenge.
This discussion has been closed.