WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @jugar...I was wondering if I changed my weigh in day for April from Monday to Sunday, when would my first weigh-in be for the month, April 7th? Don't officially switch me yet; I just wanted to know first. Thanks.
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/25~ 15,739
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Monday 3/25 6,116

I’ve got to do better today!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday ....

Something about Mondays this past month .... only one Well Done Monday out of 4 this month, and yesterday was the worst yet. It was also unusually high on fats and starchy-carbs, while lower-than usual on protein for the second day in a row (and that was barely JUST in the Green for total pre-exercise calories before evening munchies hit) .... which explains a lot ....

Something about knowing that I am "Declaring Maintenance" as of April 1 no matter what, combined with MFP taking away that last 10 calories, which put me at 1200 even per day for this final week ... while knowing that I have to start figuring out how to handle systematically phasing IN extra calories (~ an extra 30 per meal to start) AND eat back ALL my exercise calories (which I don't usually do) starting next week.

And making a switch in my usual exercise choice is being psychologically harder than expected ... and my hubby LIKES (and will miss) hearing the old soundtrack for the previous-length stretches .... and I am switching up for calorie-burning efficiency reasons that will challenge me (as well as picking something I know will be fun for me once I get into it) not because I feel bored or dissatisfied with what I have been doing .... for years now ....

It will sort itself out. But a storm of circumstantial change is all happening at once. At least I will no longer have "rush-home-bolt-supper-rush-out-little-time-to-exercise" Monday weekly routine any more.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    @jugar...I was wondering if I changed my weigh in day for April from Monday to Sunday, when would my first weigh-in be for the month, April 7th? Don't officially switch me yet; I just wanted to know first. Thanks.

The first weigh-in for April will be Sunday the 31st of March. We always start with a Sunday, so that is the very first one every month, which is sometimes hard, but you also have that whole first week to be awesome. Saturday gives you the most time, and the 1st April Saturday weigh-in would be April 6th.
  • jugar
    Options
    Oh dear I have fallen down a rabbit hole!
    I decided to digitize a huge pile of concert recordings I still have on tape and cassette - they have been sitting on a shelf for years, and I really want to get them in order and in digital format. But what a project!!! Some of them are labelled poorly or not at all. I have the programs for most of them but not all. I am going to be going crazy getting this done! It is freaky listening to them after all this time - but at least I'm very pleasantly surprised at how good they are so far. Some of them are with musicians who have passed away and I miss them terribly, so I hope to get these sounds out in the world for others who loved playing with and hearing them as much as I did.

So remind me frequently to get up and do my workout, go out and walk, ride my horse, and generally be human, ok?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Oh dear I have fallen down a rabbit hole!
    I decided to digitize a huge pile of concert recordings I still have on tape and cassette - they have been sitting on a shelf for years, and I really want to get them in order and in digital format. But what a project!!! Some of them are labelled poorly or not at all. I have the programs for most of them but not all. I am going to be going crazy getting this done! It is freaky listening to them after all this time - but at least I'm very pleasantly surprised at how good they are so far. Some of them are with musicians who have passed away and I miss them terribly, so I hope to get these sounds out in the world for others who loved playing with and hearing them as much as I did.

So remind me frequently to get up and do my workout, go out and walk, ride my horse, and generally be human, ok?

Deal! Now go work out!!! :D
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, I got in lots of steps and ran around with some kids, but did not do my workout. Now I have to do it tomorrow morning before 11. I promise. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Housekeeping! Get your week 4 on ----

@MrsBeckiC1 - are you still with us????? Overdue for this week and last week Sunday weigh-in. Hope you're there or doing great somewhere else!

Overdue weigh-ins from Monday:
    @Astrue
    @evangsimmons170

Due tomorrow (Wednesday):
    @offitgoes
    @Perla4686

thanks - it is already the last week... Time flies!
  • jugar
    Options
    cl2pv7gafql5.png
    So how far did our intrepid step counters step last week? I know it is Tuesday and you have been anxious to know!

Total steps for the week: 640,977 - or about 320.5 miles / 534 km.
    This is a good improvement over week 2, but still not up to the enthusiasm of week 1. Of course, we have lost one stepper it seems, and some others have not reported all their steps yet. So it might be better than it looks!

Top stepper @reflectionofme at 103,951 steps / 52 miles / 86.6 km WOW That's a lot.

Second place @sue_01 with 87,944 steps / 44 miles / 73.3 km. Beautiful - you could have walked from my house to Richmond Quebec with a kilometre to spare. It's beautiful around there...

Third to @mari_moulin with 75,443 steps / 37.7 miles / 63 km and this is without Saturday! Would have been even more if she hadn't taken off on vacation... Vacation well earned!

And so close to @martinesther88 - 75,388 steps with every day reported - that's a fantastic 37.7 miles / 63 km. Keep on trekking!

Getting more steps into every day is a simple and effective way to reduce sitting time, in spite of my doctor's pronouncement that it is like breathing. Keep breathing, I say! Well done.
  • jugar
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You know what is amazing but not surprising?
    Our top two weight losers this week were exactly the same people as our top two steppers.

@reflectionofme and @sue_01 - you have got some important stuff figured out. Congratulations - don't let go now.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    1--8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
    12-6,500
    13-6,200
    14-4,500
    15-4,526
    16-8,845
    17-10,135
    18-10,674
    19-11,632
    20-14,571
    21-15,198
    22-15,184
    23-10,820
    24-13,150
    25-12,525
    26- 15,000
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Talk about it Tuesday- This time I'm on track, and it feels great, I have been really planning and watching what I am eating. Also exercising really hard.
  • jugar
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Talk about it Tuesday- This time I'm on track, and it feels great, I have been really planning and watching what I am eating. Also exercising really hard.

SO GOOD!! I'm sure you feel it - it will just keep getting better and better. <3
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/26~ 22,249
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weighing in wednesday
    PW: 188
    CW: 186.2
    I was actually expecting a gain as I had 4 bad days this week, so I'm pleasantly surprised! I did work really hard the other 3 days so it clearly paid off!
    Feels good to know I'm getting this right.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    What's been your big self-discovery this month? Non-Scale Victories, but also "a-Ha!" moments and insights, or recipes or strategies that overcame what used to be challenging foods or situations ....
  • BMcC9
    Options
    xgobw4lwtipd.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in wednesday
    PW: 188
    CW: 186.2
    I was actually expecting a gain as I had 4 bad days this week, so I'm pleasantly surprised! I did work really hard the other 3 days so it clearly paid off!
    Feels good to know I'm getting this right.

You have lost 8.4 pounds this month! I would say you are getting this right. Wow! Let us know what has changed and what is really working for you.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 176.6
    CW: 177.4
This discussion has been closed.