WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I am back at more walking again. Did 14000+ steps yesterday. Feels good to be able to get more exercise! Have a great day everyone!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in wednesday
    PW: 188
    CW: 186.2
    I was actually expecting a gain as I had 4 bad days this week, so I'm pleasantly surprised! I did work really hard the other 3 days so it clearly paid off!
    Feels good to know I'm getting this right.

You have lost 8.4 pounds this month! I would say you are getting this right. Wow! Let us know what has changed and what is really working for you.

Thank you. I would say the 2 biggest things I've learnt:
    1. Stick to my calorie limit at all costs (this means making choices within my limit, including foods which I enjoy)
    2. After a bad day, move on and don't wallow in self pity. I used to give up after a bad day. Still took me 4 days to get back on track but at least I did get back!
    I hope it's for good this time! Still a long way to go.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Steps Tuesday 3/26 - 6,052
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 4
    Weigh-in Day = Monday (3/25/19)
    Previous Weight = 338.8
    Current Weight = 335.2

STEP CHALLENGE (So sorry I forgot to post for last week):

03/17/19                7,794 
    03/18/19                5,927 
    03/19/19                5,454 
    03/20/19                7,180 
    03/21/19                5,931 
    03/22/19             13,989 
    03/23/19                5,367 
    03/24/19             10,490 

I posted mine on Monday morning. Here it is again.

@jugar, please change my weigh-in day to Saturdays for the month of April. Thanks much! :smile:
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a road trip tomorrow. I'll be spending 10 hours in the car (with a 5 hour break halfway).
    Any advice/suggestions from the more seasoned travellers? Any good snacks to take along?
    Thanks!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    1--8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
    12-6,500
    13-6,200
    14-4,500
    15-4,526
    16-8,845
    17-10,135
    18-10,674
    19-11,632
    20-14,571
    21-15,198
    22-15,184
    23-10,820
    24-13,150
    25-12,525
    26- 15,000
    27-13,600
  • micki48
    Options
    Checking in. I have had two low step days not meeting my goal. It wasn’t looking good for today. I was tired once my granddaughter left and just made dinner instead of taking a walk or hitting the gym. I wasn’t going to exercise, then I thought about all of you and I made myself do it. I guess that’s the discipline we talked about when there’s not enough motivation. So that’s WHY I’m here this Wednesday. I am still learning new things about fitness and healthy eating after decades of this journey.

What I made myself do was 22 minutes (2 workouts) of my Pilates subscription and then I danced/Zumba-ish for 30 minutes. All in my bedroom. I got that cardio in afterall.

How was your day?
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps
    Wednesday 8,574
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/27~ 15,318
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    I'm going on a road trip tomorrow. I'll be spending 10 hours in the car (with a 5 hour break halfway).
    Any advice/suggestions from the more seasoned travellers? Any good snacks to take along?
    Thanks!

I like a protein bar called Simply Protein. It is quite good, only 140 calories, not much sugar. I always have a few with me.

I am also going to make another suggestion that is travel related. I am on a mission, telling everyone I know about this. I have learned this year that it is important on long journeys to get up and walk around for a few minutes quite periodically. We should not sit for many hours in cars and planes without doing this. In early February I had some blood clots in my legs that travelled to my lungs that likely resulted from being relatively stationary for a longish period of time. It is clot awareness month. https://www.stoptheclot.org/news/blood-clot-awareness-month-2019-together-we-can/

Have a great and healthy trip!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I like a protein bar called Simply Protein. It is quite good, only 140 calories, not much sugar. I always have a few with me.

I am also going to make another suggestion that is travel related. I am on a mission, telling everyone I know about this. I have learned this year that it is important on long journeys to get up and walk around for a few minutes quite periodically. We should not sit for many hours in cars and planes without doing this. In early February I had some blood clots in my legs that travelled to my lungs that likely resulted from being relatively stationary for a longish period of time. It is clot awareness month. https://www.stoptheclot.org/news/blood-clot-awareness-month-2019-together-we-can/

You should post this in the Workout Warrior's "Favourite Anything" week-long thread - spread the word to other teams!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    c23d5nd4jz91.png
    WEEK 4 GROUP CHALLENGE SPONSORED BY THE WORKOUT WARRIORS
    THIS WEEKS THEME IS GOING TO BE ABOUT FAVORITES.....
    EVERYBODY HAS A FAVORITE SOMETHING SO I THOUGHT LETS FLIP IT AND MAKE OUR FAVORITE ABOUT OUR JOURNEY....
    YOUR FAVORITE GO TO MEAL PLAN FOR THE DAY OR THE WEEK,
    YOUR FAVORITE GO TO MEAL,
    YOUR FAVORITE WORKOUT PLAYLIST....
    YOUR FAVORITE GO TO EXERCISE ROUTINE.
    PICK ONE OF THEM PICK THEM ALL YOUR CHOICE. YOU CAN POST ONE EVERYDAY OR HOW EVER YOU WANT TO DO IT ALONG WITH PICTURES.
    REMEMBER WHEN I MAKE THE LINK IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION ON OUR MAIN PAGE I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF YOU POSTED IT THERE AS WELL AS ON THE TEAM THREAD.

Read what people beyond this team consider favourites! Post your own and spread the joy ... inspire someone who wouldn't normally hear from you!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Thanks!

You should post this in the Workout Warrior's "Favourite Anything" week-long thread - spread the word to other teams!

That is a great idea. Have just done an abbreviated version of it.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options

I posted mine on Monday morning. Here it is again.

@jugar, please change my weigh-in day to Saturdays for the month of April. Thanks much! :smile:

This was all posted - thanks! And yes, I'll change you to Saturdays for April. Tally ho!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

The April Registrations have been opened up. We are a bit behind on the new registrations this month can use everyone's help...

Please post something on your MFP wall for your friends to see and help recruit. As your MFP friends to at least stop in and see what the Fat2Fit Weight Loss challenge is all about.

The group page link is: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-f2f-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

The registration page link is: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735430/april-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-registration-page#latest

Thanks
    Steve
  • sue_01
    Options
    Thanks!

Everyone should take the time to read your information on blood clotting, for yourself or to help someone else. Thank you for sharing.
  • sue_01
    Options
    March- steps
    1--8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
    12-6,500
    13-6,200
    14-4,500
    15-4,526
    16-8,845
    17-10,135
    18-10,674
    19-11,632
    20-14,571
    21-15,198
    22-15,184
    23-10,820
    24-13,150
    25-12,525
    26- 15,000
    27-13,600
    28-15,198
  • jugar
    Options
    OK people! It is the last few days of the March Challenge!

Weigh-ins due for Friday:
    @Bear479
    @BMcC9 (Captain)
    @Connie7355
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Sue_01

Overdue weigh-ins for this week, including today (OK, I get impatient during the last week!):
    @MrsBeckiC1 (Sunday)
    @Astrue (Monday)
    @Blackbeautysue (Thursday)
    @Cory17 (Thursday)
  • jugar
    edited March 2019
    Options
    APRIL - how it works: (I know it is only Wednesday, and Saturday is the last day, but...)

If you want to continue for April, do nothing. Just put in your final weigh-in this week (and steps if you're one of the step people). When April begins, you'll be there. Try to recruit some friends and people from other community boards if you like this!

If you want to stop. Let me know.

If you want to change to another team (check out their threads!). Let me know.

If you want to change weigh-in day, go onto the cheer squad, or change anything else. Guess what? Let me know.

Everything is possible. Just ask. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks!

Having done a recent long road trip, I strongly suggest plenty of water, and then for each break (you'll need them fairly often if you're drinking water!), pick 2-3 exercises that you do outside the car every time you stop. Squats, running in place, high knees, kick-walking, just simple raising up on your toes many times (toes straight ahead, turned out, turned in). For your arms, circles, big and small, car push-ups (just lean against the door and do a few pushups - easy at this angle!), fling your arms out and then hug yourself - generally move about. Doing those things at every break makes a huge difference. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.