WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    APRIL - how it works: (I know it is only Wednesday, and Saturday is the last day, but...)

If you want to go onto the cheer squad ... Guess what? Let me know.

Everything is possible. Just ask. Thanks!

Starting April 1, I will be starting Transition To Maintenance. So after tomorrow's weigh-in, I can be moved to the Cheer Squad. I will still be co-cap and active on the thread. Just (hopefully) busy with learning how NOT to impact the Total Team Stats (if I had been reporting ... which I won't be ... )

Any words of wisdom for the earliest days, @jan110144 ?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    More scones showed up today >:) Did LOTS of calorie-burning exercise BEFORE I ate one .... o:) Thank you, Hubby Dearest! <3

xdr6ckaqntjc.jpg

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Congratulations! Getting to maintenance and then figuring that out is a good kind of challenge to have.

My suggestions - weigh in every week anyhow. Do not skip - I have been lately, and will be going back to it myself! It is really helpful.

Also, keep logging, but try not logging after a few weeks to see how well you do without it. I can always get away without logging for a while, but need to go back from time to time to make sure that things are not slipping. It is a good practice, but not everyone needs to keep logging every single day during maintenance.

Be sure to go back to serious straight and narrow as soon as you hit your maximum acceptable weight. Be sure to know what that is, and don't let yourself slip past it. I'm sure you know that, but be strict!

Have a great time in April - the more people we have in the cheer squad on maintenance, the more successful we have been! It is fantastic you want to stick with the team, and your energy and ideas are always welcome!
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    Weigh in day- thurs

PW- 221
    CW- 224.6

Steps:
    21 March- 15,951
    22 March- 18,883
    23 March- 1,058
    24 March- 5,966
    25 March- 13,558
    26 March- 9,838
    27 March- 20,827

Reflection:
    I was doing great until I became unwell and never ate anything. I was so hungry that I ate so much that I accidentally gained weight.

Looking at the weekly results, I find that if I had ate healthier this week I would have seen a great weight loss.

Will motivate myself more for next week. Help and advice greatly helps.

We can do this!!

Should have posted this yesterday but couldn’t find my phone. Many thanks.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I'm going on a road trip tomorrow. I'll be spending 10 hours in the car (with a 5 hour break halfway).
    Any advice/suggestions from the more seasoned travellers? Any good snacks to take along?
    Thanks!

Having done a recent long road trip, I strongly suggest plenty of water, and then for each break (you'll need them fairly often if you're drinking water!), pick 2-3 exercises that you do outside the car every time you stop. Squats, running in place, high knees, kick-walking, just simple raising up on your toes many times (toes straight ahead, turned out, turned in). For your arms, circles, big and small, car push-ups (just lean against the door and do a few pushups - easy at this angle!), fling your arms out and then hug yourself - generally move about. Doing those things at every break makes a huge difference. Good luck!

Back home. Went better then expected. I ran circles during the breaks (holding my baby) and food was mostly ok except for some chocolate.
    Thanks for your help everyone!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,791 Member
    Options
    sue_01
    weigh in day- Friday
    PW-189.3
    CW-187.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9
    Week 4
    PW 136.5
    CW:135.8
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I made the 135.Xs right on schedule, despite Monday's off-track! (Hubby's wonderful scones don't derail me, as they are the 1st thing into the log and the rest of the day has to fit around them .... ) OK , so the upper 135.Xs .... but still !!!!!!!

I should be lower 135.Xs as of April 1, the official start of maintenance. I will be continuing to weigh myself and full-fledged logging as per usual daily habits at first, as I try to figure out how best to phase extra (yet quality) calories back in. For starters, I will be adding 60 calories the first week of April, an additional 60 the second week etc. as I hunt for the balance zone between calories in / calories burned and weight staying in The Zone. According to MPF, maintaining ~ 135 should mean ~ 240 pre-exercise calories extra per day .... and I haven't been eating all my exercise calories back most day .... gotta start doing that too!

@jugar , would it confuse things too much if I continued to report my weekly weight, even though on the Cheer Squad? I DO want to be out of the main Team Standings calculations ...
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Challengers!!!

April thread is up and running. Hop over and introduce yourselves!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735631/waist-aways-april-2019#latest
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Username: esthermartin88
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 160lb
    CW: 159.8
    Steps 3/28~ 12,043
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I made the 135.Xs right on schedule, despite Monday's off-track! (Hubby's wonderful scones don't derail me, as they are the 1st thing into the log and the rest of the day has to fit around them .... ) OK , so the upper 135.Xs .... but still !!!!!!!

I should be lower 135.Xs as of April 1, the official start of maintenance. I will be continuing to weigh myself and full-fledged logging as per usual daily habits at first, as I try to figure out how best to phase extra (yet quality) calories back in. For starters, I will be adding 60 calories the first week of April, an additional 60 the second week etc. as I hunt for the balance zone between calories in / calories burned and weight staying in The Zone. According to MPF, maintaining ~ 135 should mean ~ 240 pre-exercise calories extra per day .... and I haven't been eating all my exercise calories back most day .... gotta start doing that too!

@jugar , would it confuse things too much if I continued to report my weekly weight, even though on the Cheer Squad? I DO want to be out of the main Team Standings calculations ...

The cheer squad weights do not go into the team standings, but there is a spot for them in the spreadsheet anyhow - just so you can keep reporting and impressing the heck out of everyone! Or keeping an eye on yourself - however you want to see it :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    DOWN TO THE LAST TWO DAYS OF THE MARCH CHALLENGE!

As you have seen, I'm sure, the April pages are being started, and we need to do all our finishing up for March. So please get your final weigh-ins done on time, fill up any days you haven't reported for steps, and get ready for a new month!

If you want to change teams, weigh-in day, or anything else - speak now so I can set up the new spreadsheet for April. Thanks! I already changed anyone who already asked - @evangsimmons170 is now a Saturday weigh-in, @BMcC9 is now in the cheer squad and officially on maintenance (BRAVO!), and I think I'll go back onto the regular team to get rid of a pesky couple of pounds that have crept on over my maximum for maintenance.

KEEP POSTING HERE for anything relating to March! Go over to the new April thread just for introductions at this point. We will be getting new team members, and it is always good to hear about each of you - where you live, what you do, all about your families (human and otherwise!), your goals for the month, etc. Thanks!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 212
    CW 212
    ☹️

I am starting Monday exercising more and doing more! My kids will be on Spring Break so they will keep me going. I need to get in a routine and make April My month!!
  • jugar
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    PW 212
    CW 212
    ☹️

I am starting Monday exercising more and doing more! My kids will be on Spring Break so they will keep me going. I need to get in a routine and make April My month!!

Don't worry - you're still down 3 pounds for the month, and you know more than when you started. It takes a while for all the little changes to stick, and then the weight will stop sticking!
  • jugar
    Options
    Just to be clear - the April challenge begins on March 31st! And no, that is not an April Fool's joke.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week 4
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 195.4

Hopefully April will be better. I've had a really good week...just didn't show up on the scale.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,791 Member
    Options
    March -step challenge
    29 -13,109
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps - 9,156
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/29~ 7,084
  • jugar
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Weigh in Week 4
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 195.4

Hopefully April will be better. I've had a really good week...just didn't show up on the scale.

You know what is often happening during really good weeks when you don't see a change on the scale? You are building muscle and losing fat. Take your measurements and see if that's what happening!
This discussion has been closed.