an omnivore's omad journey

Options

Replies

• asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. My husband and I discovered a new Jewish deli in the neighborhood and decided to split a pastrami sandwich and corned beef hash. It was heavenly. I tried to guesstimate calories from the database and it appears to fall in my calorie range. I walked a lot. I must admit that I'm hungry now and strategizing ways to make it to bedtime. I hope this week shows a loss so I can keep my motivation.
  • asgentr
    Options
    Today's weight is 183. I should clarify that my scale only measures to the half pound, so you will only see half pound increments in my updates. My weight loss on fasting is not dramatic, but it does match CICO in a way that it never has before. On top of that, I'm less exhausted from exercise, calorie counting throughout the day and depriving myself of foods that I like. I still hope to make it to 170 by the summer solstice. That's only one pound a week.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You are doing great :) just keep it up!!!
  • asgentr
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning and I am 181.5! I knew there was a bit more ready to whoosh.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Congrats that is a nice loss!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!! Love the whooshes!!! Keep it up lady! :)
  • asgentr
    Options
    Today's weight is 181. I'm surprised because it is a time of month that normally means more weight for me. Today we are watching another little one, which often means lots of snack food around. I'm pretty happy with my omad: beef soft tacos, cauliflower gratin, apple and carrots. I have a little caloric deficit so I may find a little chocolate treat around here to top it off. 6ztrjwmkj7h0.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    Today's weight is 181. I'm surprised because it is a time of month that normally means more weight for me. Today we are watching another little one, which often means lots of snack food around. I'm pretty happy with my omad: beef soft tacos, cauliflower gratin, apple and carrots. I have a little caloric deficit so I may find a little chocolate treat around here to top it off. 6ztrjwmkj7h0.jpg

THAT LOOKS SO GOOD!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Nice loss and that looks yummy!!! I'm having tacos too :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    That dinner looks delicious! Don't ya just love eating a big hearty meal?
  • asgentr
    Options
    Argh. I updated too soon. I had an emotional eating binge at around two hours after my meal. About 400 extra calories. My husband brought home a fragrant baguette and proceeded to eat it with various delicious toppings. I got frustrated about something small and I had a piece slathered in butter. Then another. And then... since I broke my fast (!) I ate half of a Lily's chocolate bar. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Your meal looked incredible.....don't be too hard on yourself ---you fell off a bit but just right back up ---not the end of the world......You totally have got this!!!! Congrats on your loss!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. We're all going to have moments like that and as you said.. tomorrow is a new day.
  • asgentr
    Options
    I am back on track today except for the content of my meal. I took my daughter to a playdate in a remote part of town. Last time I was there I visited a taco stand and had my heart set on it today. I dropped off my LO, walked to the corner where it was only to discover it's gone! I was determined to eat something other than McDonalds, so I walked a quarter mile or so down the road and found an excellent BBQ shop. I didn't eat all of the bread... maybe just a quarter of it, and I barely touched the potato salad pictured. I also went light on the bbq sauce. 3vu0u0t1t4z4.jpg

I won't eve attempt to estimate the calories in this meal. After reading a bit last night, I hardly think it matters. I just try to reduce the carbs and eat once a day. Simple. I love it!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like too many calories, I would have eaten it all ;)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    That's a nice whoosh :+1: Your meals look awesome. I don't think it would be too much calories in your meals. Just eat till your body tells you that you are full. That's what I do when I go out and eat. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM - I would have wanted the tacos too, but BBQ isn't a bad alternative! :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    That sandwich looks delicious!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I agree with Brenda, I would have eaten every bite. You are doing great by the way, keep up the good work.
  • asgentr
    Options
    I had a stressful day. My lunch choice was dictated by where my husband wanted to eat and I wound up eating a not-so-satisfying lunch high in carbs. I also ate Lily's chocolate chips and had a milky, artificially sweetened coffee about an hour after my meal. Now my husband and daughter are eating pizza in the kitchen while I distract myself in the bedroom. Wish me luck!