an omnivore's omad journey

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    You sounds like me...most of the time, my OMAD choices are more dictated to what my hubby wants to eat as we eat our meal together. Come dinner, my hubby will be eating with our kids and that's when I have my "Me" time :) Good luck :+1:
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I resisted the pizza, but I see leftovers in the fridge that I may "steal" for my omad today, along with cauliflower gratin and raw spinach. I think I need to get back to healthier choices during my meal, but this meal will suffice for the day. I think I will take it to my daughter's art class and eat before she gets out. I like my silence when I eat :). The scale isn't budging today. It could be due to a few known factors, so I'm not stressing. Keep Calm and OMAD On.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Hang in there and Mr Scale will move. 👌 If you ready my omad journey, you will know I plateaud for a long while before Mr Scale moved again. Just don't give up👍
  • asgentr
    Options
    My food choices were not the best this week, which is probably why the scale has not moved. I need to eat at home or plan my lunches better to be less carb-y. I think I also need to de-stress a bit this week.
  • asgentr
    Options
    Last week my husband was on a staycation and we were making tough decisions about our future (where to live, if our daughter should go to a certain school program, if I should go back to school, etc.). The stress levels along with the irregular eating schedule/content I think affected my loss. I'm pretty sure I need a lower carb diet, too. Hopefully this week will be a bit more "boring" and I can keep to my plan.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    FX for a much more boring week. Being an adult sucks sometimes.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Stress hurts the losing process :( I hope this week is stress free for you o:)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah stress is so bad for the scale no doubt.....hoping for a no-stress week for you!!!
  • asgentr
    Options
    Something isn't right because I'm up two pounds this morning. Yesterday I felt extremely sluggish. I chose to have another (!) lunch out with my husband, which wasn't quite filling enough on its own, so I came home and ate two keto peanut butter cookies and one of my daughter's mini chia-blueberry muffins. Here are the pics. Not sure what my plan is now. I'm still feeling sluggish and now a little irate that I'm not losing. 8twvfz6qzjeh.jpg
    5miaqsb6mkoc.jpg
  • asgentr
    Options
    Plan for the day: cheat day. The pb keto cookies decided for me.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Oh boy - sounds like a classic plateau - unless you're near your period? I only get 4 a year but that sounds like how I feel when I'm about to start mine...

Oh and BTW stress will LITERALLY stop my losing in its TRACKS so just do your best to stay the course and trust the process :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hoping all is well.....Yep the stress will get ya every time.....no way to escape it!!! Trust me I know first-hand!

• asgentr
    Options
    My cycle has been very sporadic this year, which I attribute some weight gain to. I did have one last week, which is why I anticipated a whoosh this week. Maybe that pattern no longer applies. I think I'll have a cheat day to see if it helps with the fatigue and develop a better plan. I'm a little angry that the stress was unnecessary and now (mostly) resolved. I see many of you making bone broth... maybe I'll do that tonight and try a broth fast tomorrow.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    My cycle has been very sporadic this year, which I attribute some weight gain to. I did have one last week, which is why I anticipated a whoosh this week. Maybe that pattern no longer applies. I think I'll have a cheat day to see if it helps with the fatigue and develop a better plan. I'm a little angry that the stress was unnecessary and now (mostly) resolved. I see many of you making bone broth... maybe I'll do that tonight and try a broth fast tomorrow.

I love my bone broth <3 and I would argue it keeps me healthy too :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Make some! The collagen in it alone is great for you :) I hope you figure out what is causing your stall.
  • asgentr
    Options
    My instant pot is keeping busy: beans, stock and rice. My splurge Monday wasn't too exciting because I wasn't really hungry. Yesterday I had a four hour eating window. I feel better today and plan to omad. I found my calendar from two years ago where I had scribbled the daily weigh-ins and found that I was hovering at this exact same spot (182, 181, 180, 179, 180...) multiple months. I see where I would give weight loss a shot for maybe two months and then a month of nothing. Surprisingly, I wouldn't gain much between spurts, but simply could not budge below 179. I want that to change. I may not make it to 179 this month, but I will get there.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hope you make it to 179 this month and if not then next month o:)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    You're damn right you'll get there! You can do it!
  • asgentr
    Options
    Instant pot beans and rice with avocado. Not pictured: yogurt with chia seeds. 7y1en1lj1f1t.jpg
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Cheering you on!!! Hope you will get to 179 soon.