an omnivore's omad journey

Options

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Yum meal looks delicious......Good luck on 179!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm back down to 181. Eating at home helps. My eating window is a little early today so we can take a train for a play date. I've been looking forward to the beans and avocado. I find it hard to resist the coffee mocha near her friend's house, so I will save some calories and open my window an hour or so. I think a 2 hour window is working best for me at the moment as long as I don't eat indiscriminately throughout.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    AVOCADOOOOOOOOO NOM NOM NOM - that looks so yummy and healthy!
  • asgentr
    Options
    This morning I am 180, so 179 seems mildly possible for Monday. It's hilarious to see that this is where I was last year at this time, but I know I can maintain intermittent fasting this time. I have another little one with us all day today, so let's see how focused I can be! I think a field trip away from the apartment is in order.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice, here's to 179 by Monday o:)

I watch my grandson who's 2 every weekday. He's a handful but lots of fun!!! I also have my 6 year old granddaughter in the summer <3
  • asgentr
    Options
    I'll be geriatric if I ever have grandkids! I had my five-year-old when I was 39. Her four-year-old friend is with us today. In years past I would get stressed at home with the kids and over-snack. Not today! Besides, they're pretty mellow and independent now.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I started young, I was 16 :o
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Cheering you on for 179 on Mon👍
  • asgentr
    Options
    I'm 181 this morning... not the 179 I was hoping for, but that's okay. Slow loss is still loss. I did so much walking this weekend and kept my calories low. My eating windows were a little wider than usual (maybe 3 - 4 hours) due to a birthday party and outing. There was a bit of stress in there, which I think really stalls me. I'm not sure what to change about this week. Perhaps just more of the same is fine.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sometimes patience is all you need...being conscious of it is half the battle <3
  • asgentr
    Options
    Yesterday I broke OMAD. My husband was off work. My one meal calories were low, so I indulged in cheese-its, a drink with my husband, followed by dessert. This morning I decided to put stevia and unsweetened almond milk in my coffee. Giving up my preferred coffee may be a deal breaker for omad. I can tolerate it if I know the next day I can drink it again, but I have major resentment issues around giving up coffee otherwise. I know that weight-wise this is where I usually give up. Hovering at low 180s and high 170s is torture.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    Yesterday I broke OMAD. My husband was off work. My one meal calories were low, so I indulged in cheese-its, a drink with my husband, followed by dessert. This morning I decided to put stevia and unsweetened almond milk in my coffee. Giving up my preferred coffee may be a deal breaker for omad. I can tolerate it if I know the next day I can drink it again, but I have major resentment issues around giving up coffee otherwise. I know that weight-wise this is where I usually give up. Hovering at low 180s and high 170s is torture.

You've got this babe! If you're like me, once I get below 170 I start to feel comfortable so it's easy to fall off the motivation wagon, but stay strong! You've got us to keep ya motivated!

PS - if you want the coffee, have the dang coffee LOL - make it work boo!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I agree the coffee I can't give up.....I have just used things to make it work for me!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    That's like soda for me. I could give up coffee, but I will bite someone if they try to take away my diet soda lol.
    It's not technically fasting, but maybe having your coffee still and then still doing OMAD will still help you lose weight. Wouldn't hurt to try if you don't want to give up the coffee.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    I know about hovering as I have gave up several times. Can you image, I have been trying to loose since July last year and have been hovering at 60-61 for ages and only now, I have drop to 59 region and I am now hovering here too :( For me, I am not really that strict as I know if I can satisfy my tastebuds, I will do crazy and then fall off the wagon. So, if I really cannot give up coffee, I will just have a small cup. Good luck! :)
  • asgentr
    Options
    Every time I read about jiggly flesh or firm butts I get a bit angry... angry because my wonderful, talented mother was overweight. Angry because I put on much weight while doing the most important work of my life...giving birth to and raising my daughter. I know many amazing overweight people who beat themselves up because they don't meet our society's standards. And yet... I also know people who have died too young due to diabetes... people losing quality of life rapidly (neuropathy, kidney issues, etc.). I'm torn between these two camps, which is probably why I put off losing weight and ignored it when I felt burnt out. My fundamental motivation is - and must remain - to stay healthy for my daughter who I had later in life. That's it. I need to resist the desire to look good, meet arbitrary goals, stave off aging. I look how I look, and let's face it - at mid-life that's good enough. From here on out it is HEALTH. Fasting, for me, will remain a way to keep diabetes away, simplify the arduous task of eating well, and continue to enjoy food in a different way. On that note, I must get back on the wagon today. I got frustrated last night and ate the mac and cheese my daughter wouldn't.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! <3 Don't be so hard on yourself! I guess most women feel the same way as I was 48kg (around 105lbs) when I got married. When I gave birth to my 1st child, I gained at least 10kg and it took me 2 years to loose a miserable 5kg (roughly 11lbs) and then I got pregnant again with my #2. My highest weight was 67kg (roughly 148lbs) and my kids are already 10 & 12 and I am still struggling to loose it as I often give up when I hit a plateau at 60-61kg (132 - 134lbs). This time, I really hope that I can get down to my GW. Let's do this together,gf! :+1:<3
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! Mmmm, your food looks delicious! Well done on your fast, sorry your friend was a no show though. Looks like you still enjoyed a nice meal :-)
  • asgentr
    Options
    I was moody last week, as you can probably see from my posts. Yesterday I found out why. It's lovely having no idea when your time of month will be. I finally made it to 179. I expect another drop soon since I know I am retaining water. Today's meal was from the Whole Foods buffet: jalapeno beef, potatoes, chickpeas, brussel sprouts, a bit of rice, beets and a chocolate chip cookie from home. My eating window has been widening to about three hours, sometimes four. I stretched my window for honey beverages to help combat this chest cold I have, but I know I am still under my average calories.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Sounds good babe! Feel better from both chest cold and stupid periods LOL <3