an omnivore's omad journey

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I don’t have my cycles anymore, but I remember those days so I can sympathize. Your food sounds delicious!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel when AF comes... :angry: Hang in there and cheering you on from the other side of the world :+1:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Meal sounds good....CONGRATS on getting to 179! <3
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Today: 4/9
    SW: 184 lb (about 190 mid-February)
    CW: 179 lb
    GW: 155 lb
    Today’s Plan: 20:4, low-carb
    Weight Goal for the Month: 175
    Today’s Weight: 179
    Height: 5’7”

Your thoughts/comments on the day:
    It is spring break and so we have more children over for playdates than usual. I must resist the cheese-its and plain pasta. I think I will do better if I fast until all little friends have gone home rather than try to prepare and consume while they are here.

I came across my mfp entries from two years ago when I was keto. Not only was I losing weight, but I think I was wittier, perhaps more mentally sharp. Hmmm… food for thought.

I stumbled across Dr. Berg’s youtube videos last night and I feel invigorated. It’s like I’ve been slowly connecting dots the past four years and the picture is coming into view… the body’s user manual is revealing itself.
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Good idea if you fast as specified above, whatever works :-)

I always stayed away from anything LCHF over the years, I found so many doing it to be damn near as bad as religious zealots so I was very put off! However, after my bad labs, I'm on board and I really feel amazing... except for the sleep, hopefully it'll fix itself soon. However, I've always had sleep problems, but I fixed them just this year and only for a couple months before this. So yeah, it sucks now. lol

You're doing great, keep it up!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    I think you have to do what works for you and what you can do long term. I am a serial dieter and for me, while I have done LCHF before, it wasn't something I could continue....I like those lovely carbs way too much :)…..so for me, the OMAD and counting calories to some extent is what works for me.....

Good job on staying away from those kiddos cheese its.....but oh how good they are <3
  • asgentr
    Options
    Today: 4/10
    SW: 184 lb (about 190 mid-February)
    CW: 179 lb
    GW: 155 lb
    Today’s Plan: 20:4, low-carb
    Weight Goal for the Month: 175
    Today’s Weight: 179
    Height: 5’7”

Your thoughts/comments on the day:
    I was awake most of last night. My daughter was up with what I thought was the onset of a fever or stomach bug. She is fine today, though.
    My meal: bean burrito, avocado, cheese, olive. Spinach salad with boiled eggs, sunflower seeds and beets. Lily's chocolate. A handful of cheese its (darn it). It's 7:30 and I'm not hungry at all. My husband is off tonight and preparing a tasty looking meal. No temptation.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Sending over quick healing vibes! Hope your daughter is back to pinky health. Keep up the good work :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hope your little one is better.....your meal sounds fantastic and great you weren't tempted by the hubby :) way to stay strong!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhh the no temptation part is a big NSV!!! WOOT WOOT!
  • asgentr
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Apparently I'm not a support group person. I am really bad at supporting others. It's been difficult for me because I'm still trying to figure out how to fast properly. I am bouncing between 179 and 180 still. Of course I recognize that I may be fasting improperly and eating too much. However, I feel that there is a hormonal component because this is always where I get stuck and I am certain that I have followed the rules for stretches of time. I have to somehow smash through this set point. Here are the things I plan on doing:

1. Two low carb days in a row (eggs/bacon)
    2. Lower carb in general
    3. Tighten my eating window
    4. Eliminate stevia in the morning. Sigh. This is the hardest.

Much of it is also willpower and belief. If I can see 180 six days in a row and not throw in the towel I might see modest progress. Perhaps half a pound a week. I'd definitely take it, although I am sad that OMAD isn't a magical weight loss tool like it is for some.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    It hasn't been magical for me for sure but it has been what works the most and the easiest to get back too. I have had weeks with no loss or even gains, but in the end, for me, it works.....Just be patient and find what works for you and don't be too hard on yourself :) we are here to cheer you on :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Your plan sounds very good, especially since you seem to be plateauing. Change can some times make all the difference. Best to you!
  • asgentr
    Options
    Yesterday was a free-for-all involving chocolate and ice cream. My husband worked, so I had a beef brisket meal at Whole Foods. I decided not to weigh today. Today I made it to 12:30 with no food or stevia. Black coffee was not so bad. My meal was carb-y. Cheese enchiladas and refried beans (long story involving my husband purchasing a ton of cheese on sale). I am keeping me expectations low, focusing on changing habits slowly.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Maybe try cutting back on your portion sizes and try doing the one plate rule and see if that helps, best of luck to you <3
  • asgentr
    Options
    Brenda, I watched some of Joe's videos last night. I was reminded to keep it simple - one hour, one plate. I was having energy issues for awhile with one meal and opened my window up and that is where the issues crept in. Thank you.

Tuesdays I take my homeschooler and a friend's daughter to a group class way out in West Seattle. It is tricky to pack a meal for consumption there. Technically I could probably wait until I came home to eat, but I'm afraid that with the stress, boredom and proximity to vending machines would make me crack. So today I made deviled eggs with leftover Easter eggs and made a mini bagel with chia peanut butter inside. I'll toss in an orange for more nutrition. This is a tough morning for me (usually we are gone by this time, but a class was just cancelled), so I had coffee with unsweetened almondmilk and stevia. I'm thinking that tomorrow I could do a longer fast since we have no outside obligations.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I'm a big proponent of thinking things into being - if you go into it thinking that you're going to plateau at 180, your body might be obliging...obviously that's not anywhere near all of it, but it can't hurt right?! LOL

Otherwise I agree, portion sizes and your current plan should be a solid start to the new phase!
  • asgentr
    Options
    Keeping my head above water. I made my family Paleo waffles this morning (11ish) and decided to try them, as well. Not bad. That moved my eating window earlier than usual, so I made bacon and eggs to top it off. I'm feeling the hunger pangs now (5:30) and hope I don't derail before bedtime. I'm out of stevia, so that solves the coffee conundrum. Husband texted me that a new burger joint is giving away burgers today (grand opening). Didn't need to know that.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    I know what you are going through and one thing that keeps my hungry at bay is tea and lots of water. Hang in there and cheering you on from the other side of the world :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Stay strong!!!!