LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Glad the procedure went well! Let him sleep it off and have a sigh of relief that it's OVER! Happy IFing today!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Glad he did well!!!!! Nothing wrong with throwing an IF day in at all ---you deserve it....steak sounds yumo right about now :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    DH is doing well. I was thinking he wouldn't even be able to come out of the room b/c of light sensitivity, but he's been ok. A little sensitive, but nothing too bad.
    But the worst is yet to come. FiL picked him up to take him to his appointment this morning so waiting to hear what is said.
    He's said that his vision is still blurry, but already a lot better than it was before without his glasses on so yay for that. I just hope it continues getting better. There is a chance that it won't make his eyesight perfect. Just hope that won't be the case for him.

Dinner last night was spam and kimchi stew. I wanted to put the enzymes to the test and they didn't stand a chance against kimchi and my gut lol.
    I mean.. they helped some. Eating the stew would usually clear me completely... and I mean COMPLETELY out, but it wasn't as bad as it normally would've been. Maybe if I had taken the enzymes a little sooner before I started eating it would've helped more? I dunno.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Interesting - keep us updated on the enzymes...these things interest me and I'm too cheap and lazy to try myself. Not to mention that I don't need 'em, I'm as regular as they come LOL

What's in this kimchi stew you speak of?
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that your DH is recovering well :) I love kimchi stew..yum yum! <3 Do you cook the army base stew (Budae Jjigae) too? We just can't have enough of it ...delicious!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Growing up eating Korean food, I don't think I've ever had army stew. Looks good though!
    I keep my kimchi stew simple. Sour kimchi.. don't use fresh, and then some sort of meat... I like spam and/or a can of mackerel or tuna, but pork is commonly used and then usually a soft tofu although I don't add it now. Mushrooms is really good in it too. Add some water or broth and a little kimchi juice if you have some. If you want it spicier then red pepper powder. I mean you can really add whatever you want. Let it summer until kimchi is soft and whatever meat is cooked.

This weekend has been nice. DH's bad day wasn't too bad thankfully. He's still sensitive and can't see well but that's normal.
    Food has been good.
    I made a sweet chaffke tonight and holy moly it was good. Doesn't have a crunch but it still resembled a soft waffle. Got the recipe off of YouTube.
    2 eggs, about 1/2c of low moisture blah blah mozzarella cheese, 1tbs almond flour, vanilla extract, 2 tbs monk fruit, dash of cinnamon
    Cooked about 3 min in our Spiderman waffle maker and topped with sf syrup. Soft and delicious. I'm definitely going to make those again
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Sweet -chaffle
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Sounds NOM NOM NOM - I DID really like the cooking creativity the egg fast forced...too bad it did nothing but make me gain :D:D:D

Glad hubby is doing well!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    So glad DH is on the road to recovery!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Chaffles again this morning and... yeah... new fav thing right now. They remind me of french toast and really hit the spot for a waffle/pancake type of breakfast.

I think I'm going to be ready to IF again this week. Plan on sticking with that until the end of next week and then hopefully get back to OMADing. I think my mindset is finally coming back around to wanting to do it again. Not resisting at the simple idea of doing it anymore lol.

Just ready to start getting this weight going back down again.
    I did weigh myself over the weekend and was back up to 181 one of those days. I've been EXTREMELY thirsty though and drinking a lot, but not really peeing a lot so I'm pretty sure I'm retaining some water. Probably from some saltier than normal foods. At least that's what I'm telling myself lol.

And yeah.. other than some continued crappy sleep, I've been feeling pretty good. Diet is finally back on track, not AS heavy as I was and brain slowly getting back with the idea of doing OMAD again. On a good path right now I think :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    It's a war of attrition babe, you've got this!

Ugh I didn't realize how crappy I was sleeping on that egg diet until I ate a reg meal Friday :D:D:D That must be a keto thing? Weird LOL
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yeah it's a keto/carnivore thing. A lot of people deal with sleep issues. Not sure if it's just an adjustment period or an ongoing thing. No idea why it happens, but it's definitely annoying lol.

• jadepearl
    Options
    Glad to hear that your DH is recovering well😊 Cheering you on from Down Under 📣👍😘
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yeah add it to my list of why it's not right for me LMAO - don't F**K with my sleep! LMAO
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Sweet chaffles minus the almond flour= still pretty darn good without the added carbs. I'm not really sure there was any texture difference. Maybe a little less egg springiness but not by much.

Food has been pretty good. Big *kitten* salad for dinner yesterday. 3 eggs, lettuce, onion, cauliflower, peppers, pickled jalapeno, 1.25 avocado and had some SF jello after. Yum yum!
    Tonight is going to be some pork ribs w/ maybe some kimchi cauliflower. OR I might fix some kimchi stew to eat with it. That sounds good actually lol.
    I think I'm just hungry b/c the ribs smell delicious in the oven right now.

Things are good though. Still sleeping horribly, but overall it's not too bad here. :)

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    RIBS FOR EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :love:
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    ooohhh ribs I am planning those for Monday....and I can't wait!!!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    I ate half a rack that dinner along with like 3 chicken legs. I was HONGRY!
    Last night I made kimchi stew for myself and had a HUGE portion of it. I also took 4 enzymes to see if they would help and it was a success! No emergency poops after I ate. I did have a lot of very loud non-smelly gas lol, but that was it. So I think the overdose of enzymes helped lol.
    But kimchi stew always makes me sooooooo thirsty. I was so bloated by the end of the night that I felt like a beached whale. Worth it though b/c it was yummy lol

IF is on hold until next week.
    I was having a good morning. I actually got decent sleep last night. Had a wonderful dream that we were corgi shopping lol. And then my youngest decided it was a good time to develop a stomach bug. Awesome.
    My poor baby boy.
    Hopefully the other 2 don't get it.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Oh wow, no tummy bugs ---no fun at all. Hope it stays away from your other two!!!

I have ribs on the menu for Monday and I am salivating just thinking about them :)
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Oh no...hope your baby boy will get well soon <3 Kimchi stew...yum...one of my favourite! <3