TEAM: Run Track Minds (April)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @veggieonly ~ You’ve been missed. And wow! Yes, great progress while on trips. Keep doing it! Happy for you.

@jwall309 ~ hopefully, BF is the spice of your life. LOL Yeah…. Candles! Did you get your walk in?

@JamieD328 ~ keep working at it those, lbs will come off. Let us know how/if we can help! <<hugs>>

@Tomkinsone~ You are going to be busy! Make smart choices and get in as much walking as you can! Do you have any “plans” in place to keep on track or strategies? Pack healthy snacks for the drive to Florida and be sure to use menus you can find online to dine out. Or heck… pack a cooler! LOL Saves, money, too. You can do it!

And with regards to the April challenge, it will end on Sat., April 27th. So you would miss one week early in May’s Challenge (hopefully they keep it going.)

@Fitgirllife72~ Another Yesday for you!!

@MaelynMayhem~ A good visit to the dietitian AND your clothes are falling off. How exciting! Walnuts sound like a smart snack. I love nuts on my salads, but we have a hard time eating proper portions. You are inspiring my friend!

@ajaia2001~ Yes! Another good day!

@Gustaaf85~ “bulk up” meaning you want your muscle mass to increase. Sounds like you did if your fat went down and your weight went up. (!??) Are you competing to want to bulk up?
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 4/17)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes; over 5 calories; but maybe not… I left some tomato sauce on my plate and mom took a bite of my food saying “There I just ate your five extra calories!” LOL
    Exercise: 2 walks for a total of 25 minutes.
    Daily Goals:
    ACHIEVED! 3 personal points~ for mindset with morning affirmations and improve my night routine/habits to stop after dinner binges.
    COMPLETED-
    Enjoy time w/mom.
    16 Day streak of no night binges.
  • johicks
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    @johicks no not for competing, just to see if i could do it.
    And yes bulk up as in gaining muscle mass

Now going to make plans for doing longer term after i cutted down to 85 kg

Thanks for explaining. Our bodies are amazing things.... garbage in / garbage out. So keep fueling wisely, you seem to have a good handle on it. :)
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week 3
    Thursday
    PW: 181.8
    CW: 179.8
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Over
    Water: getting better but still need to be drinking more
    Exercise: Quick walk to and from the grocery store
    Day: Was a better day today. The weather here is really getting very nice and I am looking forward to the end of the week and the weekend. Had a good weigh-in so I'm feeling ok today.

@johicks We didn't do a long walk, but we did end up walking to the grocery store to grab a bagged salad to eat with dinner, so even though it was only about 15 minutes total, I'll still count it as achieving a walk for the day! Baby steps
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @johicks - the trick with nuts is to measure before you eat. :D
  • johicks
    Options
    @johicks - the trick with nuts is to measure before you eat. :D

Right!! But just have g them in the house is hard. I am doing better at measuring other items before eating. AND doing really good at reading labels before considering eating it.
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309 .... Woooohoooo.. Quite the loss!! And a nice little walk. Hope you have a great weekend.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post 4/18 (Thursday)

Calories: Limit: 1500/Actual: 1345
    Water: 31
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! version of couch to 5K week 3, day 2 (43 minutes); Zombies, Run! (36 minutes; walked additional minutes to reach an hour)
    Day: I ran a lot more during all three free form runs on the 5K training. I felt woozy again in the middle and going forward with it. I have glucose tabs coming tomorrow, and I will see if that will help. It was four hours since I ate when I started and hour before I normally eat lunch. I was also a little dizzy on my walk but that turned out to be asthma related and went away once I used my inhaler. The rest of my day went well. My aide stood by while I stood on a chair (she's not allowed to climb on things) and cleaned the ceiling fans and the blind in the bedroom. Tomorrow I go to a food pantry for my dwindling food supplies.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: YES
    Calories: UNDER
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class
    Goal/Day: Today I was a bit sluggish, had to pep talk myself into going to bootcamp class, glad I went it was a good workout.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thursday 4/18 check in

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 21DF Flat Abs Fix
    Goal for next few days; stay on track even with Easter and family around.
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    18/4

Track yes
    Calories: over by 200 👎
    Exercise: 10,000steps keeping it light, in recovery. Trying to keep active and eat well. We went on some touristy walks yesterday and ate out so went over a bit! Eeek! I’ve been quite under all week though as i haven’t been too well so I was quite glad my appetite was back.
  • johicks
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday 4/18)
    Track: Yes.. but :( (see below)
    Calories: Yes; OVER!! (see below)
    Exercise: 2 machines and a quick walk, 41 minutes.

Daily Goals:
    Good day, but the evening went poorly to it put it mildly. Emotions took over.. Anger is hard to get out of system. And now I woke up and angry at me for allowing myself to get so angry and not exercising it off, but eating it instead. It was almost as if I wanted an excuse to eat. So… I’ve taken some time to reflect a little, then find a quote (posted after this) about forgiveness, forgiving myself. During my reflection, I had to figure out what specifically triggered me. And also vision what I would do next time. And.. when I’m triggered, I need to follow my daily nightly routine to a strictly. That gives me time. Time to myself to decide how to proceed. If I’m not over the emotion, then I need to light a candle(s), use my lotions, and if still not over it then walk. Do not eat dinner, even if plated. As that is what I did. I didn’t even taste dinner it was anger that encompassed my whole being. So I need to wait. I told myself I could eat and forget the emotion, but I couldn’t. And of course that anger then turned towards me and my actions and it snowballed. So. Here I am writing it out so that I can learn and grow. I forgive myself. It’s not easy, as I think It’s also mid-month of TOM. And hormones are flaring. LOL But, a lot of exercises and a good housecleaning is on the agenda for today. So I should be able to work through and out of this!!

P.S. I'm finding that it is more hormones that emotions; because my anger button is easily triggered over nothing this morning! Nothing and not at anyone, just stupid stuff! SO! I'm going to have to be very aware and stay focused. Inhaaaaaale good healing energy and exhaaaaaaale bad thoughts and negative energy. And also do good things for me and my body today.

P.S.S. For sure hormones, because now here comes the waterworks. UGH!!
    Oh joy! It's going to be a day! I'll do my best to stay active. And will probably need a relaxing bath, too.
  • johicks
    Options
    d9j585auf5z3.jpeg
  • johicks
    Options

@MaelynMayhem~ You inspire me with your commitment to the C25K (couch to 5k) and running. Wow! My knees limit me, but maybe someday I’ll run a little. It sure would be nice to burn off the calories faster!! Keep at it. You’re doing great!

@ajaia2001~ Good pep talk to get yourself to your bootcamp class. I wish I had done more peptalk yesterday. Today I will!!

@Fitgirllife72~ Great day. And yes… staying on track for the holiday weekend is a great goal. Mine too! Especially after last night!

@J0d13mcc~ Lots of steps!! Glad you’re feeling better. Keep at it :)
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Username: Pratainua
    Week: April Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW = 205.0
    CW = 205.0

Stayed the same this week. Happy with that as I was away from Monday morning until this morning, so no exercise and I had to eat out for four days.

• johicks
    Options
    pratainua wrote: »
    Username: Pratainua
    Week: April Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW = 205.0
    CW = 205.0

Stayed the same this week. Happy with that as I was away from Monday morning until this morning, so no exercise and I had to eat out for four days.

Good for you!! Being out of the normal routine is hard. You did great!
  • johicks
    Options
    Reminder to all for the April challenge, Saturday is the end of week #3. The contest started on Sunday, March 31 and will end Saturday, April 27th. Four weeks.

This means next week is the last weigh-in for this month's challenge. So let's be very mindful of our Easter Holiday weekend. Good luck everyone. Stay focused, hydrated, moving, and on track. Yes, you can!!

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    User Name: lovethyneighbor
    Weigh in week: 4/19/19 wk3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 209.4
    Todays Weight: 208.6
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No, unless you count walking around the grocery store.
    Water: Never enough
    Day: Pretty solid day. Felt like a Friday, the weather was gorgeous, so I sat outside to finish the end of my book while BF did some gardening. Then we hit the grocery store. We needed food for us and food to cook the Easter brunch we are hosting on Saturday. Was a little worried about our budget for the extra food, but we did some bargain shopping and spent much less than I had planned! Woohoo!

Another NSV, BF really wanted a frozen pizza so I reluctantly agreed. By the time we got back from the store, it was late, so we cooked the pizza for dinner. I had a lot of extra calories left so it was a good day to do it and I made sure to weigh out my pizza to have the exact serving size. Ate it and still had some calories left over for a small snack! Then went to bed satisfied! All in all a frustrating week is starting to round out to be pretty ok.
This discussion has been closed.