TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    hippienana wrote: »
    Hey Jason. Are you eating Keto? I saw the IF and that's what I do as well. It really makes a difference.

Not eating Keto. Just doing 16:8 IF right now. I have read about keto, but never done anything with it. Its hard to plan meals around that lifestyle because of the size of my family. Wife, 6 kids. Honestly, our meals consist of whatever is on sale and cheap....

Its not hard at all. You just have to know how to fix what you normally eat in a different way.
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    User Name: hippienana
    PW: 164
    CW: 162
    Still losing consistently. I love Keto.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    User Name: hippienana
    PW: 164
    CW: 162
    Still losing consistently. I love Keto.

you are doing great
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    I have a question for you all. How do you handle living with someone who is a junk food junkie? My husband knows I don't want ice cream, chips, candy, cakes, etc. in the house all the time. I do buy some on occasion, but not every time I shop. I told him that I feel those things should be occasional treats on weekends or special days like a birthday and such. He is overweight and doesn't care and I don't pressure him not to eat all of the things he loves. He knows how I feel about it and why. Every time he goes to the store he buys my favorite ice cream or cookies or chocolate and says he was thinking of me and wanted to treat me. I've asked him not to do this, yet he continues. How do you handle situations like this?

@DeshotelK I was in that boat in the beginning and I just had to make a conscious decision to not eat that stuff.
    Maybe the answer is you sit him down and ask him the tough questions, I'd like to think he's trying to be sweet, but if you've told him you don't want that stuff around, maybe ask him if he's trying to sabotage you, and see how he reacts, maybe he just doesn't realize that it's really that hard for you to resist the temptations and he wasn't intentionally trying to make you fail, maybe it's that simple, and having an honest conversation with him will help...
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey Jason. Are you eating Keto? I saw the IF and that's what I do as well. It really makes a difference.

Not eating Keto. Just doing 16:8 IF right now. I have read about keto, but never done anything with it. Its hard to plan meals around that lifestyle because of the size of my family. Wife, 6 kids. Honestly, our meals consist of whatever is on sale and cheap....

Its not hard at all. You just have to know how to fix what you normally eat in a different way.

@hippienana I think for him, he's saying it's harder for him when he has 6 children to fix something that everyone could eat on a budget....and that makes sense considering...the diet itself I don't feel is hard, I do feel like it's a bit more pricey, and I think that's really what he's saying to be honest...
  • AB0215
    Options
    @hippienana Great loss this week! Keep it up!

@gjaholy33 You're doing great, hopefully the pain subsides quickly, falls are never good, but good job sticking with your goals despite the pain!

@o0kody0o Awesome job!! Dumbbells are great for workouts, and maybe eventually you can a set of adjustable ones (I have a set, it's great) and start crushing dumbbell workouts!!

@batgirl140 Awesome loss, you stuck with it! Yes you were up, but that's not always a true gain, and I don't like to blame TOM either so much, but sometimes it does play a role....just saying.

@grizziegriz Hang in there and keep plugging along, the losses will come.

@303lissy It's tough to stick to our goals when we aren't feeling our best, but we can do it, it's hard, but a necessary evil. Hang in there and keep taking steps to get to your goal!! You CAN do this!

@tinak33 I laughed at the TMNT shirt, I am a giant TMNT nerd (the original, not the remake of recent years), one of these days, I will have to take a picture of my office....it paints a picture, TMNT and marvel superheros......yep, that's the nerd that I am. Hell, last year my hubby got me a glowy "can of ooze" to complete my turtles collection....
    And glad to see the scale cooperating after date night :smile:
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    FriYAYYYY check in:

Tracked: yep!
    Calories: under
    Excercise: walked at lunch 2.88 miles and some light squats, lunges, and pushups after dinner.

Today I felt great, this was my day 20 back on MFP. Im more committed than ever and people around me are noticing!

Im looking forward to a weekend full of softball!
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wildmage69 wrote: »
    Username: Wildmage69
    Weigh in May week 1
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 251.1
    CW: 250.6
    The scale just couldn’t give me that 0.6 pounds to put me under 250, could it?? 😆

If you put tape over the 6 its like it was never there.
  • Wildmage69
    Wildmage69 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wildmage69 wrote: »
    Username: Wildmage69
    Weigh in May week 1
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 251.1
    CW: 250.6
    The scale just couldn’t give me that 0.6 pounds to put me under 250, could it?? 😆

If you put tape over the 6 its like it was never there.

Brilliant!! 😄
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: May 3rd

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 7,300 steps

Friday is ordinarily my rest day but I decided to walk on the treadmill for 35 minutes so I ended up with over 7K steps. I start the step challenge on Monday at work and I 'm committed to averaging 10K steps a day for 4 weeks.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: May 3

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No. Did a little bit of cleaning this afternoon, nothing

• thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Daily track - May 3rd
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, badminton

Overall a successful day. Probably the most successful one in ages.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes WAAAY under
    Exercise yes walking
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments
    MY MOM CAME HOME TODAY YAY! JUST IN TIME FOR MOTHER'S DAY! 😍😍😍😍

This is fantastic news
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Vicky2767
    May week 1
    Sat
    PW 171.8
    CW 169.8

It’s been a crazy week. My family came into town late (and I mean ended up being 1 AM late) thurs. Spent the earlier part of the week busy cleaning and running around getting ready for their visit. I’ve been getting my workouts in, but have not been tracking. Pleasantly surprised by this loss.
    My son makes his Confirmation today. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Vicky2767
    May week 1
    Sat
    PW 171.8
    CW 169.8

It’s been a crazy week. My family came into town late (and I mean ended up being 1 AM late) thurs. Spent the earlier part of the week busy cleaning and running around getting ready for their visit. I’ve been getting my workouts in, but have not been tracking. Pleasantly surprised by this loss.
    My son makes his Confirmation today. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Great loss! Hope you have a nice day with your son and family 😊

• AB0215
    Options
    @cydneebauman AWESOME day!! Staying committed is probably most of the battle!!

@Wildmage69 So that like ".6" was my whole March, it's frustrating! But you'll get it next week!!

@CindyJNC1963 Great day!! Good luck with your step challenge, you'll crush it I'm sure!!

@batgirl140 Great job staying under calories, and cleaning can be a workout!

@thelandkraken Awesome day!! Keep it up! You'll be at goal in no time!!

@vicky2767 AWESOME loss this week!! Great job crushing it even with your crazy week!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes, spot on.
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins weight training--This week is my heavy week--Front squats , Snatch RDLs, pull ups, dips and then some ab work, finished that with a 30 min walk.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Day: Monday
    Week 1
    PW: 275
    CW: 273.6
  • amanda_3588
    amanda_3588 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    amanda_3588