TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 What does your doctor say about eventually getting off of the CPAP machine? I would be scared to death to discontinue using mine. I don't ever want to wake up gasping for air again.

Yeah Cindy, that's a scary thought in itself. But since I've been losing so much weight my levels have gone down.

Basically it's a lot of medical jargon but I'll try to explain it. Some people need the CPAP machine because of a condition called pulmonary hypertension which may or may not be caused from visceral fat around the heart and lungs. I happen to be a person who needs the CPAP because of the visceral fat around my heart and lungs so the more weight I lose the less I would need to use the CPAP machine. So my pulmonologist said I will be retested once I lose 150lbs so that's my goal.

Hope this explains it in more detail.

That's great that you will be able to get off of it. I'm almost halfway to goal but I accidentally fell asleep without it and woke up with a coughing attack almost immediately. I hate it but I guess I'm stuck with it.

I also have a machine and my doctor wanted me retested since i lost weight. Got retested and i went from really bad to moderate because of weiht loss. Will keep using the machine and will get retested in about a year

That's awesome. I might get retested when I am close to goal, but I think mine is more of a hereditary disorder than a weight related issue. My Dad has the same problem and he doesn't have a weight problem.

Yeah Cindy, I was surprised my pulmonologist doctor uses the machine too cause he is so skinny. But I try not sleeping with it at night now and most nights I do really well. That's how I know I'll be able to get rid of mines soon.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Sunday 28 April

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking and 30 mins on exercise bike 🚲
    🗯Comments: Much better day today than yesterday and managed to stay under calories. I walked a lot today and done 30 mins on the exercise bike, plus I’m just about to start painting my bathroom so that’ll burn a few calories. Once I’ve started painting I know I’ll be saying “Why did i even start this at 2230pm!” 😴 Weigh-in day tomorrow 🤞🏻
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

Daily Post: Sunday, April 28th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: No
    ✅ Calories: No, way over
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, walking
    ✅ Water: 125.8 oz.
    ✅ Steps: 4,495 / 2.34 miles

🗣Comments/Goals: Easter celebration--- and starting fresh tomorrow. I will food prep this week tomorrow night--- pre-packing my dinners so I can pre-measure/weigh my meals and stay on course for May.

GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH ALL---I will be here cheering for each one of you the whole way!

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Goals/comments
    Pretty relax today just reevaluating my eating plan in order to meet my goals starting next week. Also started my assignment which is focus on Eating disorder in biopsychological disorders of OBESITY. I am amazed of how many different factors influences obesity individuals.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT, REMEMBER TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY & STAY POSITIVE!

****MY MOM IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER; SHE WOKE ME UP AT 445AM YESTERDAY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NURSES & THIS MORNING SHE WOKE ME UP AT 345AM SHOWING OFF ME TO ONE OF THE NURSES SINCE I'M HER BIRTHDAY GIFT. . .LOL😂😂 YES SHE'S IN MUCH BETTER SPIRITS!😃😃

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ❤❤😂😂

That assignment sounds so interesting --- I would like to study that as well--- would probably help me understand a host of issues I still struggle with.

AND---LOL :D your Mom sounds like quite a personality!! I am so happy to hear that she is back to her self and feeling better! :)
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: April 28

Exercise: No

Drinking lots of water. Helping wash away all the carbs I ate this weekend! A lot for me anyway.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons! My name is Beth and I’ve been a member since January. This group of people is a big reason why I’m down 34 lbs today! Always supportive, encouraging, ready with a hug or a celebration!! Keeps me very motivated.

Started at 240.8. Today I’m down to 206.8. I’m so looking forward to being under 200! I briefly saw 199 as I lost about 10 lbs before I knew I was pregnant, about 10 years ago. And it was many years before that that I ever saw the 100s consistently. I hope to make that happen this month!

My goals for May:

🔺 Sign up for 6 months of Taekwondo after my 1 month trial is over.
    🔺 Lose 8 lbs
    🔺 Reach 200 by May 24th. Have a family get together with folks I haven’t seen since I started.
    🔺 Stick with the water! It’s really helping.
    🔺 Want to get back on the exercise bike. Haven’t for awhile. Hoping the weight loss will make the seat less uncomfortable.

Ok Team Slimsons, lets attack May and get things done!!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Sunday

Track: no..... some, but not all
    Calories: nope, over
    Exercise: not much
    Water: I dont know. Maybe 80 oz?

Yeah, the candy and snacks got the better of me today..... but tomorrow is Monday. And I do really well during the week. I just need to work on applying that discipline on the weekends.....
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Username: BEASTFIELD314
    Week: May, Week 1
    PW:169.8
    CW:168.6
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday, 4/28)

Track: No
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: Not the best weight loss for week 1, but my first week is rarely great. Getting back into the swing of things. Did a little cleaning outside - hosed off the patio, got the grill prepped for the season. Fixed a few things around the house. Overall, tried to make it a relaxing day, getting ready for the week.

I have my alarm set for 5am. We'll see how that goes. Just getting myself used to getting up early so I can then start getting some exercise (probably walking) in each day. Hope the weekend treated you all well, and the week ahead is great!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weigh ins Due:

@Melodyis4reals
    @River_Goddess
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Daily check in April 28th.

Exercise: softball practice!

Still working on getting more water for the day. Learned I LOVE mio grape berry once.... tastes like grape fanta.

Feeling great today. Let's get this week started!
  • cydneebauman
    Options
    Username: BEASTFIELD314
    Week: May, Week 1
    PW:169.8
    CW:168.6

Great job! You got this.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Daily check in April 28th.
    Still working on getting more water for the day. Learned I LOVE mio grape berry once.... tastes like grape fanta.

Feeling great today. Let's get this week started!

I have tried Mio (and several other flavor enhancers) - it seems like I always get a big headache shortly after drinking it. But, I definitely need to work on getting more water intake each day! Glad you felt so good today!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 2 hours walking.

Comments: Getting back into tracking and limiting my calories again, today was my first day back at that after taking the last few weeks off from that and essentially gaining a few pounds back, which I did expect. What I did not expect was to lose nearly 2% in body fat. Took my measurements on Friday gearing up to get back into things and I've lost a few inches and nearly 2% in body fat, so while I'm a little heavier, I did manage to gain a significant amount of muscle, so there's that and I will take it.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    rosina89 wrote: »
    Username: rosina89
    Week: week 1
    PW: 205.7
    CW: 204.5

Yay it is in the right direction. 4.5lbs left to hit my May goal. I Will Do This!

Nice loss
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 190oz
    Goals/comments
    Pretty relax today just reevaluating my eating plan in order to meet my goals starting next week. Also started my assignment which is focus on Eating disorder in biopsychological disorders of OBESITY. I am amazed of how many different factors influences obesity individuals.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT, REMEMBER TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY & STAY POSITIVE!

****MY MOM IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER; SHE WOKE ME UP AT 445AM YESTERDAY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NURSES & THIS MORNING SHE WOKE ME UP AT 345AM SHOWING OFF ME TO ONE OF THE NURSES SINCE I'M HER BIRTHDAY GIFT. . .LOL😂😂 YES SHE'S IN MUCH BETTER SPIRITS!😃😃

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ❤❤😂😂

Glad your mom is doing better
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in April 28
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Daily post for Sunday
    Yeah, the candy and snacks got the better of me today..... but tomorrow is Monday. And I do really well during the week. I just need to work on applying that discipline on the weekends.....

Weekends are really tough for me too. With all my kids, someone is always putting some type of food in my mouth, lol!! Snacking for sure is one of my biggest pitfalls!
  • cydneebauman
    Options
    What's everyone's go to low calorie snack? I love pickles and popcorn but I am always looking for more snack ideas.
This discussion has been closed.