PRE-MAKE BREAKFAST MEALS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK ✔️

I FORGOT TO ADD THAT I WILL FINISH YESTERDAYS ALONG WITH TODAY'S
    YESTERDAYS GOALS FINISH LUNCH PREP ✔️
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc
    Good job Greg! Watch that sodium intake it’ll put water weight on ya.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying our challenges and having an awesome evening this Tuesday. Tomorrow is hump day for most of us! Let’s pledge to stay on track and move those bodies! Have a great night all!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 CAN YOU SET A TIMER ON YOUR FITBIT AND GET UP EVERY 2 HRS AND WALK AROUND... WHEN I WAS ON THE JOB I USED TO DO THAT DAILY.. GETS THE BLOOD MOVING

Luckily, I’m a teacher-librarian so I am usually doing something different every 40 minutes or so. Today I just had a lot of desk work to catch up on and ended up sitting longer than planned.

So tonight is good so far! Nothing to eat since dinner because the kids had swimming at 6:00 and we got home at 7:30 and did the bedtime routine then it was after 8!

I’m working on my second litre of water, and I tracked all my calories for today. Just a hair over my goal.

Lots to do still tonight but I’m feeling good and determined not to blow it :)

• XOX_LOTSA_XOX
    XOX_LOTSA_XOX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday workouts and I hope that everyone will have reach their goals today!

Wednesday goals:
    1. Strength training.
    2. No refined sugars and carbohydrates!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    @rheaj1991 how did you do on the goals you set for your self yesterday?

@kknic how did you do?

I did get one of the goals I set for myself. I took a 10+ mile bike ride in the evening, but I didn’t say no to nighttime snacking! Grr, it’s so hard to say no sometimes.

So how much did you eat after your 10 mile ride? Some recovery calories may have been needed. I need to get my bike out and ready for riding. I'm moving to an office closer to my house and I should be able to ride while no one needs me to drive to school.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Yesterday, I made both of my goals.
    Today I will:
    1. Drink 80 ounces of water
    2. Go to the fatmer's market at lunch.
  • megnolia82
    Options
    Good morning!
    Today’s goals will be the same as yesterday;
    1. Track everything I eat
    2. No eating past 8pm

And additionally my personal goals: no alcohol, drink 2 L of water.

• kammerkv1
    kammerkv1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kammerkv
    I’ve bumped up again. 217.8 right now. I know what my problem is but I’m struggling to get motivated to even care at this point. My 40th is coming up next week and I fell way short of my goal this year and I’m in the “give up” phase. In one year I’ve only lost 10 pounds. I know I should say “look I kept the 10 pounds off” but that feels like I’m grasping at straws. Any motivation is welcome!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    ko1ad4uwdna1.png
    ii8f5fbovxjw.png

@shockvalue07 ...Kim i need those electrolytes to keep my kidneys, and digestive track in order due to my ostomy..i only probably retain 1/4-1/3 of those Mg's due to the high output.
    @megnolia82 ...congrats on staying on course yesterday...good luck with today's challenge and goals
    @XOX_LOTSA_XOX ... stay the course with your goals.... you got this
    @melissafeagins ...congrats and well done on yesterdays goals ....your so lucky to have a farmers market with in walking/driving distance of work... the closest one to us is a hour drive and only on the weekend. Continued success on today's goals
    @kammerkv1 ...weight is posted... don't be so hard on yourself all of us at one time or another in this journey has been there. here is a motivation idea for you... stats show that the more you chat with your team mates in a group weight loss challenge the more GUMPTION you have to press harder in losing the weight... so pop in more often than just weigh in day when you have a moment or 2 it just might help you get back on the rails.

@Navydaddjtc ...today's my goals consist of .....increasing my steps by 1K .... log my meals as I go.... get our container gardens ready to go... no stopping at the Espresso stand while I am in town today which avoids about 350 calories of Grande Mocha's.
    Some of you may not know this, but I have been blessed (NOT) with a HIGH OUTPUT ILEOSTOMY, along with short gut and short bowel syndrome. When you see that my sodium Mg's are high it's that I need the sodium (ELECTROLYTES) to keep what's left in my gut functioning in the proper manner with what I deal with on a daily basis.... The macros that you see are set by my nutritionist Jessica in the hopes that about 1/4-1/3 of them get absorbed into my system before the high output flushes them out of my system. So there you have it in a nutshell my world according to my Ileostomy.

• Navydaddjtc
    edited May 2019
    Options
    k1mwhtb78quu.png
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN CREW
    @Quiarga
    @Kammerkv1

0rf9pe39ilwc.png
    HAVE A SMASHING DAY TODAY
    GREG
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Loving these daily goals - I was craving dessert so bad yesterday but refrained because I wanted to meet my goal of no added sugar! Even though the two people I had lunch with ate their cookies we got, I said I was full and took mine home and threw it away. It was really hard though.

Today's goals:

1. again no sugary snacks. I just need to stay away right now.
    2. at least 10,000 steps. It's rainy and cold and I could just be lazy but instead I will get housework done and get my step count up there. If it ever stops raining maybe I'll take my dogs for a walk.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    kammerkv1 wrote: »
    Kammerkv
    I’ve bumped up again. 217.8 right now. I know what my problem is but I’m struggling to get motivated to even care at this point. My 40th is coming up next week and I fell way short of my goal this year and I’m in the “give up” phase. In one year I’ve only lost 10 pounds. I know I should say “look I kept the 10 pounds off” but that feels like I’m grasping at straws. Any motivation is welcome!

What two things can you do today to start moving the right direction again? They don't have to be big things.
  • megnolia82
    Options
    kammerkv1 wrote: »
    Kammerkv

Something that helped my frame of mind was letting go of those milestone dates. Forgive yourself and accept yourself as you are right at this moment. That will make 40 much nicer than if you’re beating yourself up over weighing more than you wish. I went to Mexico this year at my highest weight ever. For years I always said I would go to Mexico as a reward for hitting my goal weight. It didn’t happen. But I bought new, bigger clothes, I went anyway and I had the time of my life and recognized that life goes on.

After coming home I have continued to struggle to get back on track. These daily goals are very helpful. Committing to something for one day is very attainable and so far so good!

You deserve to have a great celebration of 40! Love who you are now and the weight will come.
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @runarml .... WTG ERIN NICELY DONE DITCHING THOSE COOKIES.... YUP HOUSE WILL GET STEPS UP FOR SURE
    COME ON 10K STEPS
    @melissafeagins @MEGNOLIA82...GREAT SUGGESTION FOR @kammerkv1 THANKS FOR SHARING THOSE IDEAS THAT WORKED FOR YOU BOTH....
    SO FAR SO GOOD TODAY ON POINT TO HIT EVERYTHING AND MORE...
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Oh heck! Where is this week going?

Sunday 19th May - 13,180 steps together with 52 lengths swimming :)
    Monday 20th May - 11,026 steps
    Tuesday 21st May - 11,382 steps

This week has been pretty busy and unfortunately, I'm behind with adding to this chat :/

My challenges this week have been to reduce the amount of bread, pasta and potatoes as I stray towards these when things are really busy at work (school exams are underway and there is a lot of prep and report writing to do), which isn't great! The weighing scales are also working against me at the moment, so I need to get my motivation back and take myself in hand. Easier said than done when we're booked into a posh meal in London during the weekend and I'm out with my husband for a birthday meal next week. So, should I enjoy these meals and say 'what the heck - enjoy them' or 'plan strict meal choices' ?

I have been successful today by going for fruit instead of biscuits and sandwiches, which is pretty impressive seeing that the voice in my head was telling me that I ought to go for these, as I was going to the gym tonight!

My challenges for tomorrow will be to keep away from biscuits and try to make mindful choices for lunch and dinner.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Water is done. Farmers Market is done. And I hit 5 servings of fruit and veggies again today. Apple, watermelon, potato, peppers and onions and I may eat some tomato later if I want something munchy.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    @NikMar ... STEPS POSTED... NO WORRIES THE SCALES HAVE BEEN NOT NICE TO A LOT OF US THIS PAST WEEK... I LOST MY MOJO AND I AM GETTING IT BACK SLOWLY BUT SURELY...... I CAN RELATE TO WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH WITH TESTING....MY WIFE IS A 3RD GRADE TEACHER AND IS IN THE 2ND WEEK OF STATE TESTING... MATH THIS WEEK LAST WEEK WAS READING AND WRITING.... SHE IS RUNNING ON EMPTY. I GIVE HER HOT FOOT SOAKS AND FOOT MASSAGES WHEN SHE GETS HOME BEING THAT SHE IS ON HER FEET ALL DAY.
    HANG IN THERE CHOOSE WISELY AT MEAL TIME THIS WEEKEND ....GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOUR CHOOSING WISELY AT WORK... GOOD LUCK ON EXECUTING YOUR GOALS FOR TOMORROW.
    @melissafeagins ... CONGRATS ON A VERY SUCCESSFUL DAY... ON TO TOMORROW...GREAT CHALLENGE

@Navydaddjtc GOAL FOR 5/22
    INCREASE STEPS BY 1K ...GONNA BE CLOSE BY THE END OF THE DAY
    LOG MEALS AS I GO ✔️
    CONTAINER GARDENS RTG✔️
    BY PASS ESPRESSO STAND✔️ 4 OF THEM THAT I FREQUENT OFTEN
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    END OF THE DAY UPDATE:5/22
    Username: NAVYDADDJTC
    Track: Yes
    Calories:
    f96gxx294438.png

Exercise:
    ewvni55hwzpz.png

Water: 104 oz.
    Steps:10,156 SO FAR

YESTERDAYS STEP ENDED UP AT 13,361
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    ko1ad4uwdna1.png
    ii8f5fbovxjw.png

@shockvalue07 ...Kim i need those electrolytes to keep my kidneys, and digestive track in order due to my ostomy..i only probably retain 1/4-1/3 of those Mg's due to the high output.
    @megnolia82 ...congrats on staying on course yesterday...good luck with today's challenge and goals
    @XOX_LOTSA_XOX ... stay the course with your goals.... you got this
    @melissafeagins ...congrats and well done on yesterdays goals ....your so lucky to have a farmers market with in walking/driving distance of work... the closest one to us is a hour drive and only on the weekend. Continued success on today's goals
    @kammerkv1 ...weight is posted... don't be so hard on yourself all of us at one time or another in this journey has been there. here is a motivation idea for you... stats show that the more you chat with your team mates in a group weight loss challenge the more GUMPTION you have to press harder in losing the weight... so pop in more often than just weigh in day when you have a moment or 2 it just might help you get back on the rails.

@Navydaddjtc ...today's my goals consist of .....increasing my steps by 1K .... log my meals as I go.... get our container gardens ready to go... no stopping at the Espresso stand while I am in town today which avoids about 350 calories of Grande Mocha's.
    Some of you may not know this, but I have been blessed (NOT) with a HIGH OUTPUT ILEOSTOMY, along with short gut and short bowel syndrome. When you see that my sodium Mg's are high it's that I need the sodium (ELECTROLYTES) to keep what's left in my gut functioning in the proper manner with what I deal with on a daily basis.... The macros that you see are set by my nutritionist Jessica in the hopes that about 1/4-1/3 of them get absorbed into my system before the high output flushes them out of my system. So there you have it in a nutshell my world according to my Ileostomy.

I didn't realize so much went into the upkeep of the ileostomy.
This discussion has been closed.