• swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    June 3
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes
    Did NOT want to exercise tonight. Told my inner mean girl to shut up, took the dog, and went.
    Run training wk 6 run 1 in the books. 3.15 miles, 47:03. Progress on a couple counts.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    6/2:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise; yes 45 min mow laen

6/3:
    Exet isr: yes 20 min walk

6/4:
    Exercise: yes 45 min walk
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    enyagoboom wrote: »

What kind of fun things does everyone have planned for their summer? I'm thinking about a two day kayaking trip in the Shenandoah's in August for my friend's birthday. It's ambitious but sounds like a good time.

My husband and I are taking a trip to Philly and Atlantic City in the first week of August. We have been married for 26 years, but since I already had a son when we started dating we have never taken a vacation without kids so this is exciting!
    The rest of the summer I am off without pay because I work in a school so my plan is to get in lots of exercise.

@erikNJ suggestions of must-sees in that area?

I could go on and on about Philadelphia, I love ot so much. Atlantic City is love/hate for me. Love the fun, but I hate gambling.

What are you and your huabands interests? I really could write pages about what to do so maybe that could help me break it down.
    I could recommend lot’s of food too, but I don’t want to sabotage your loss - especially cause you will have broken down that wall.

My husband doesnt drink or gamble do to addiction problems. We are doing Atlamtic City to see the sunrise over the ocean (can you tell we are from the midwest?)

Interested in almost everything and have a few of the typical touristy things planned.... rocky steps, liberty bell tour, Poe's house, and Eastern State Penitentiary. We also plan to get 1 Pats and 1 Genos and do a comparison. See... told you touristy.

I will be moderately mindful of eating that week, but mostly just want to enjoy ourselves so food recommendations are great too.

Anything locals love? Anything weird and offbeat? We have done a lot of weirdo kitsch things on vacations like the worlds largest mustard museum, or Al Capones bar.

The touristy stuff is great. I mean Philadelphia/Boston are the birthplace of America so the historical stuff is great. Around the Liberty Bell in Olde City are lots of great historical attractions. We have lots of cool museums. I personally don’t care for Broadway shows but we have lots of historical theaters that host Broadway shows. Since we have two months I will try to think of some more cool unique things, we have plenty of weird stuff here as well.

I will say that that Philly, NJ and NYC have THE BEST pizza anywhere. So even if you’re being mindful do treat yourself to that.
    Also, as a local: we will all tell you that Pat’s and Geno’s are the worst cheesesteaks in the city. I can name dozens better in the city or in your travels through South Jersey towards Atlantic City.

Edit: also may I suggest Ocean City? There really isnt much to do in AC besides drink, eat and gamble. Ocean City is a great little beach town and it’s dry. My wife and I love it. Walk the boardwalk, get boardwalk pizza and an ice cream cone. Play mini-golf. And you can still watch the sun set. Just an idea.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    6/4
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes

Sun: no
    Mon: yes
    Tue: yes
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    .... this group is awesome!!!

This group IS awesome!
    Anyone want to friend me to tell me to get moving every day? ☺

I sent you a request 😊
    I love how supportive everyone is in this group!
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it's June already.

156.8 was the number today. I've been trying to break through 156 for an eternity. Dairy Queen is trying to stop me. They released a PB lovers Reese's Blizzard. I NEED IT. Definitely going to have to run that day :D
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Tough but rewarding ❤️💪🏾
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Last week: 235.6
    This week: 231.4 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

Also May Results
    ⬇️4.3 lbs
    ⬇️ 4.4 inches 😊😊

Not giving up on me this time!

Thats a GREAT loss! Way to go girl!

• drea2011
    Options
    Have fun @swauters!!!
    erikNJ wrote: »

What kind of fun things does everyone have planned for their summer? I'm thinking about a two day kayaking trip in the Shenandoah's in August for my friend's birthday. It's ambitious but sounds like a good time.

My husband and I are taking a trip to Philly and Atlantic City in the first week of August. We have been married for 26 years, but since I already had a son when we started dating we have never taken a vacation without kids so this is exciting!
    The rest of the summer I am off without pay because I work in a school so my plan is to get in lots of exercise.

@erikNJ suggestions of must-sees in that area?

I could go on and on about Philadelphia, I love ot so much. Atlantic City is love/hate for me. Love the fun, but I hate gambling.

What are you and your huabands interests? I really could write pages about what to do so maybe that could help me break it down.
    I could recommend lot’s of food too, but I don’t want to sabotage your loss - especially cause you will have broken down that wall.

My husband doesnt drink or gamble do to addiction problems. We are doing Atlamtic City to see the sunrise over the ocean (can you tell we are from the midwest?)

Interested in almost everything and have a few of the typical touristy things planned.... rocky steps, liberty bell tour, Poe's house, and Eastern State Penitentiary. We also plan to get 1 Pats and 1 Genos and do a comparison. See... told you touristy.

I will be moderately mindful of eating that week, but mostly just want to enjoy ourselves so food recommendations are great too.

Anything locals love? Anything weird and offbeat? We have done a lot of weirdo kitsch things on vacations like the worlds largest mustard museum, or Al Capones bar.

• mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m very late with my introduction to this group for the month of June... but what else is new (I think I do this every month) lol.

My name is Mikayla and I’ve been a part of this group since last September. I’ve had some success in this group but my personal motivation waxes and wanes. I currently weigh 163.8 lbs and my goal for years now is 135. I’m 22 yo who is also from upstate NY.

Hope you all have great successes this month and in the ones that follow!
  • drea2011
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring! 95 lbs lost 👏🏾👏🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾
    Hi, I am Stephanie and I am 29/yo from Toronto Canada.

This will be my 10th month with BBT. Wow! Where did the time go??

I have currently lost around 95 pounds (give and take a pound) to date and about 40 of those pounds has been because of this group. I used to be an active poster and reader but as the new year came and summer began its approach, I have turned into a bit of a wall flower but never-the-less I am here and sticking with it! What more can a gal ask for.?

I am fully enjoying being apart of this community and have high hopes for a little more loss and a great maintenance. Thank you BBT for all your motivation and support and a specially thanks to @HASWLRS for being an awesome moderator, with a flawless approach. If it wasn't for her and every individual person here I probably would not have stuck through the rough patch and would have lost my patience a long time ago.... this group is awesome!!!

• drea2011
    Options
    Go team!!!! This is awesome!
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Grand Finale Results for May

As a team we came fourth or fifth....whatever....

The Top Five Big Butts losing over 3% of their body weight in May:

@Tracie_Lord - 4.25%
    @enyagoboom - 4.19%
    @ForLangston - 3.70%
    @missyms740 - 3.08%
    @lozenger1984 - 3.03%

Big Butts losing over 2% of their body weight in May:

@drea2011 - 2.85%
    @24blfn - 2.45%
    @Jl20alon2564 - 2.20%

Big Butts losing over 1% of their body weight in May:

@erikNJ - 1.53%
    @jlbtnc - 1.42%
    @eatingfoodles - 1.39%
    @swauters - 1.38%
    @cmhubbard92 - 1.32%
    @Krysless - 1.30%
    @susanpiper57 - 1.13%

Congratulations to these and to all the Big Butts who lost some weight in May!!

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    6/4
    Mini challenge
    Tracked .. yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise... yes 25 min walk

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes - hours of non-stop chores up and down stairs, plus stretches. My feet and legs are throbbing.
    I was able to treat myself to a dessert of sliced peach and strawberries to make my sweet tooth happy.

Sunday: yes
    Monday: yes
    Tuesday: yes
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Tracked under and 7502 steps💃🏿
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    June 4
    Tracking- yes
    Under calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 20 mins of brisk walking)
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

This will be my last summer of my daughter playing travel softball (starting college in the fall) so my trips will all be based around weekend softball tournaments. There is a weeklong tournament planned in Gulfport, Mississippi that could become part vacation part softball. A little sad about it being her last summer, but excited about what’s to come too.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, June 4
    Tracking - Yes
    Under - Yes
    Exercise - Yes, treadmill 35 mins

Sunday - No
    Monday - Yes
    Tuesday - Yes
This discussion has been closed.