TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• danielletoynton9
    danielletoynton9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Danielle, I'm from south Wales, UK. I'm 28 and have 3 daughters, and a partner who works away in Germany.

I started my weight loss journey 10 months ago (just after my youngest daughter was born) I have lost 3 stone since my pre pregnancy weight but have have been yo-yo-ing from 12st7 to 11st11. Seems whenever I get under 12 stone I get excited and binge eat to celebrate -_- then once i go back up I'm good again. Hoping that this challenge will motivate me to keep at it and stop those celebratory calories should I get back down to the 11 stone range.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Danielle, I'm from south Wales, UK. I'm 28 and have 3 daughters, and a partner who works away in Germany.

I started my weight loss journey 10 months ago (just after my youngest daughter was born) I have lost 3 stone since my pre pregnancy weight but have have been yo-yo-ing from 12st7 to 11st11. Seems whenever I get under 12 stone I get excited and binge eat to celebrate -_- then once i go back up I'm good again. Hoping that this challenge will motivate me to keep at it and stop those celebratory calories should I get back down to the 11 stone range.

@danielletoynton9, welcome, Danielle! I have a son who is in Germany right now, finishing up his undergraduate degree....so I understand how you feel having someone you love so far away!!

Congratulations on your successful weight loss journey thus far!! You are not the only one in this group who gets to a certain number, and then blows it, time and time again. (You know who you are!) Maybe there will be solidarity among you and the plateaus will finally be busted through! You will have to get into the habit of talking in pounds, and definitely posting your weigh-in in pounds. When you talk stones, I have no clue until I do the math conversion!!
  • alice90808
    alice90808 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Alice and I live in London. This is my first challenge!

A little bit about my weight loss journey so far - 3 years ago I lost around 18 lbs going from 159 lbs to 141 lbs. Since then my weight stayed around 141, but this year has crept back up to 159.4. I’m here to get back down to my goal weight of 141 lbs!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    alice90808 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my name is Alice and I live in London. This is my first challenge!

A little bit about my weight loss journey so far - 3 years ago I lost around 18 lbs going from 159 lbs to 141 lbs. Since then my weight stayed around 141, but this year has crept back up to 159.4. I’m here to get back down to my goal weight of 141 lbs!

@alice90808, welcome, Alice! That nasty weight always seems to find its way back, doesn't it?! The good news is, you know how to lose it, as you've done it before!! May this be the forever time!! Is there something significant about your profile picture of tomatoes, other than they are colourful and healthy? Just curious.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Megan and I live in rural Ohio, USA. I used MFP successfully a few years ago to lose my baby weight (and then some) from my first son. I have 10 pounds or so to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight from my second son, who just turned 10 months old. I am really going to try to stay on track, because most of my summer clothes are still a little small! I am good with tracking but struggle to stay within my calories, and have self-control issues with food, especially when I'm so close to goal. I'm hoping this group will help me stay accountable! Have a great month, everyone!

Also, @haswlrs, can I change my weigh in day to Fridays?
  • jrh_this_better_work
    jrh_this_better_work Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX, USA. I'm the secretary at an elementary school and my office is right next to the staff kitchen which always has food in it! While that is not the only factor in my weight gain, it certainly hasn't helped.

I lost 75lbs about 4 years ago on MFP and maintained for about 2 years. Then weight started creeping back on and has ballooned in the last 6 months so now I have to re-lose about 40lbs. Boo! The good news is I know how to do it. The bad news is now I have to do what I know :) Just have to find the determination I once had to keep me going when the initial motivation stops working.
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Mandy_tries_again Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Mandy, I'm 37 and from northern KY, USA. I had lost 73lbs a few years ago but regained 65 of those pounds unfortunately. I've been back at it and so far lost 9.6lbs. For some reason doing this the second time around seems harder than the first so trying to do whatever I can to stay motivated and supported on this journey. Looking forward to this challenge.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Vi. I was on this team for a few months last year before I had to step away for personal reasons. It's been a bumpy road but I'm finally at a place where I can get back on track. I really enjoyed being a part of this team last year and am looking forward to being back and staying accountable with you all. :smiley:
  • CaroDav73
    CaroDav73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Caroline, I am from London UK and I'm 45. I have been using MFP on/off for a few years I am at my heaviest right now and would really like to lose some weight and appreciate any support and motivation I can get right now.
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Lauren, 37. I’m excited to be starting this challenge. The weather is finally starting to remain warm in Buffalo NY now lol. Unfortunately all that fit are my tights, oops !
    I’m glad for the accountability this group provides. I track everything, but haven’t been within the MFP caloric amount at all this year 🙂🎉, thanks to freezing weather and DELICIOUS carbs !! I’m open for motivation and support.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica and I live in a suburb of Houston, TX, USA. I'm the secretary at an elementary school and my office is right next to the staff kitchen which always has food in it! While that is not the only factor in my weight gain, it certainly hasn't helped.

I lost 75lbs about 4 years ago on MFP and maintained for about 2 years. Then weight started creeping back on and has ballooned in the last 6 months so now I have to re-lose about 40lbs. Boo! The good news is I know how to do it. The bad news is now I have to do what I know :) Just have to find the determination I once had to keep me going when the initial motivation stops working.

@jrh_this_better_work, welcome, Jessica! Like you said, you know how to lose weight, so now just do it!! Sounds simple, right? Hopefully we can help keep you motivated, when self motivation wanes!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Mandy, I'm 37 and from northern KY, USA. I had lost 73lbs a few years ago but regained 65 of those pounds unfortunately. I've been back at it and so far lost 9.6lbs. For some reason doing this the second time around seems harder than the first so trying to do whatever I can to stay motivated and supported on this journey. Looking forward to this challenge.

@mirendybryant, there seems to be a theme among our newcomers of losing, regaining, and now trying to lose again!! So, the good news is you are not alone!! Hopefully we can all encourage and support each other to reach our goals!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @mirendybryant, welcome, Mandy!! I forgot to say that!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Vi. I was on this team for a few months last year before I had to step away for personal reasons. It's been a bumpy road but I'm finally at a place where I can get back on track. I really enjoyed being a part of this team last year and am looking forward to being back and staying accountable with you all. :smiley:

@violasmith85, welcome back, Vi! So glad you decided to join us again, and that you are finally at a stage where you can start to focus on yourself once more!!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Hi Jessica! I work in guidance in a high school, and my office is just across the hallway from the staff dining area. I totally feel you, it's tough!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    CaroDav73 wrote: »
    Hello everyone my name is Caroline, I am from London UK and I'm 45. I have been using MFP on/off for a few years I am at my heaviest right now and would really like to lose some weight and appreciate any support and motivation I can get right now.

@CaroDav73, welcome, Caroline! Another newcomer from London!! I am also at my highest weight ever, so you are not alone!! Hoping you find some much needed motivation here on team TBBT!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Hi I’m Lauren, 37. I’m excited to be starting this challenge. The weather is finally starting to remain warm in Buffalo NY now lol. Unfortunately all that fit are my tights, oops !
    I’m glad for the accountability this group provides. I track everything, but haven’t been within the MFP caloric amount at all this year 🙂🎉, thanks to freezing weather and DELICIOUS carbs !! I’m open for motivation and support.

@LMK02020, welcome, Lauren!! We are not that far from each other (around a two hour drive to the border) so I know exactly the weather you are referring to!! I can also relate to nothing fitting except yoga pants! The good news for you is that you know how to log your food. That is a skill that eludes and frustrates some people to the point of giving up. Now you just have to think of it as a bank account....you can't spend funds, or calories, you don't have in the bank!!!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What a magnificent analogy with the bank account! Thanks ! It is beautiful over the border to Canada 🇨🇦!
This discussion has been closed.