TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Welcome new and old friends. Sorry in advance for the “wall of text”
    37 yrs old and married with no kids and the best cat. Live in NJ and work in the beer industry, which you can imagine really helps with weight loss....
    12 years ago I lost around 60+ lbs and gradually I gained it all back. December 2017 I was back at my highest weight and had enough. I lost about 30 lbs over the next 8 months then I hit a wall. Wasn’t losing or gaining, then the holidays came and I put about 10 lbs back on. Lost all motivation for awhile until March when I decided to start intermittent fasting and gained my motivation back. I’ve lost an average of 1 lb a week since I started IF.

Now the tough part. I am in for a rough summer with my job. I have stayed on top of my diet so far but have lost the push to get to the gym. The Vice President of my company put me in charge of his son for a summer job - which means the Vice President checks in on me EVERY DAY. I’m working much longer days and am stressed beyond what I can actually explain. I actually have a countdown for how many days are left until he goes back to school...
    I thought about quitting this group for the summer but I know that won’t help with my weight loss goals. I will try my hardest and hope I dont let the group down

@erikNJ, first off, we are so glad that you didn't decide to leave....that definitely wouldn't help you reach your goals!! I am sorry that your job is leaving you feeling so stressed and overworked!! Is the son, at least, a good kid? Is he respectful and does he work hard? The absolute worst would be if he feels he is beyond reproach because of who is father is! A tiny positive in this is that the VP had faith in you as an employee and a person to be responsible for his son. Maybe if you do a good job, a promotion or a raise will be in your future? Just do the best you can this summer. But remember, at the end of the day, if you have decided to eat your feelings away, you will just be adding to your stress!! You will feel terrible, both physically and mentally, and that will stress you out even more!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    ZuWainah wrote: »
    Good morning! I’m not really a big talker so this will be as simple as possible lol. I’ve tried every diet there’s to try, Some work some don’t. My problem has ALWAYS been maintaining my goal weight once I’ve reached it.

What works best for me= portion control combo with calorie counts plus the bummer of getting up off the couches hahaha.

You can follow me on fitnessPal

Official weigh in= 216.8 as of today
    Short term weight goal= 180
    Long term weight goal= 140

Peaked weight= 245
    This years peaked weight= 225
    Lowest weight= 120

@ZuWainah, welcome!! "You can follow me on myfitnesspal".......that's very funny!! At least it caught me that way!! "Portion control, calorie counting and getting up off the couch"...sounds like the Mini Challenge is right up your alley!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    May starting weight: 290.8lbs
    June starting weight: 284.4lbs
    Current weight: 282.8lbs

@Jl20alon2564, I love how you post your progression from month to month!! It shows where you have been, and how far you have come!! And down another 1.6...well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    CaroDav73 wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    Its 7.30pm on Sunday eve in the Uk and im sitting on the train here goes for my first log(hope its right)
    Weigh in:- 167 (found a boots pharmacist store with scales yipee nice find whilst im at work)
    Logged food:- yes
    Under calories:- yes,yes yes :) even walked past the chocolate aisle god knows how!
    Excercise 13750 steps and still counting
    Impressed myself manged to run up a flight of escalators running for the train.
    Go me!

@CaroDav73, sounds like someone had a good day!! Losing a pound (yay!!) and two NSV's of walking past the chocolate aisle and running up a flight of stairs!! Great start to June!!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did my re-start measurements on Saturday and just plugged them into my spreadsheet this morning. I am pleasantly surprised to discover despite falling off the wagon for a year, I'm still almost 11 inches down from my initial measurements when I started this journey two years ago.

So, even though I've already missed out on one of my goals for the month, I'm still getting small NSVs and those help immensily. Have a good Monday all!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Wow - missed a couple of days checking posts and so excited about the number of new members we have this month. Good luck to everyone.

My name is Pam and I live in southwest Louisiana where it is getting very HOT, but I’d rather deal with the heat than the snow. I have three (3) kids and the youngest will be leaving for college in August. I’ve been trying (but not succeeding) to lose weight in order to be healthier so that my husband and I can enjoy our “empty nest”. Our older two (2) kids are from his first marriage so he and I have never lived alone together - it should be interesting :D

Anyway, I’ve been a member of TBBT for several months, but not a very good contributor to the weight loss challenge. I’m hoping to start the new month off on the right foot and prove to myself that I can actually achieve my goals.

On a side note, @HASWLRS can I please change my weigh-in day to Friday? Maybe changing things up a bit will help get me on track.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Also going to try mini challenge this week (except Sunday since I already messed that day up :p )

Sunday, June 2
    Tracking - No
    Under - probably not
    Exercise - nope, although I did “swim” (also known as float around the pool) for about 45 mins

Sunday - No
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I meant to pop over here before now, but I just got the chance now!

I'm Christine, I'm 26 and live in Connecticut in the US. I have been involved in TBBT since February and am also involved in the Hogwarts weight loss challenge and the Game of Thrones challenge. I originally started my journey in November, and am 30lb down since then. This challenge has helped me remain accountable and focused on creating better habits! I look forward to being on TBBT again!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the 1st day of June is already over 😳 the time is flying. I had a good day today. Finished out under my calories with the help of active calories. We had a bbq with family while the kids were swimming. I got in 15,148 steps today. I can't do many exercises bc of a bad knee and back so I push myself to do as much walking 🚶 as I can everyday. Hope everyone else had a great start to this June. If anyone follows Instagram I try to keep myself on track 👣 with posts of my journey on there. It's a way for me to kind of document things for me to look back on but also if I can inspire someone else at the same time...that would be amazing. My Insta username is Mandy_tries_again.

I followed you :) Stay strong, and be kind to yourself along this journey.
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I’m Drea from Ohio! This is my 3rd month in the challenge and I’m down 25 lbs! VEGAN 🙌🏾🙌🏾😊 lets go tbbt!!❤️

I'm in Ohio too!
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    Ran-walked my 5k today! 51 min 15 sec at a rate of 15:51 min miles. Tracking hasn’t worked food wise - we’ve been on the run and my phone did something awful yesterday so everything I had marked down disappeared. Worse the scale is definitely showing my lack of discipline 😳. All good though, back on track!

Congrats on your race!
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Sunday, June 2 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yep
    Under: Barely, but I snuck by
    Exercise: 20 minute walk

It was graduation at the high school I work at, and I had to work for an extra four hours on Sunday. We also put in new flooring this weekend, so I didn't have time for a run. Today is my last day on antibiotics, and I'm hoping to be feeling better and get back in the game. I really want to stay accountable this month.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Username: brandi_84
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting: 184
    Week 1: 184

• HASWLRS
    Options
    @susanpiper posted this on Sunday.

Weigh in 125.4. Sorry guys, antibiotics are messing with me. See you in June!

Megan, did you forget that your weigh-in day is now Friday? Did you want to weigh-in on Friday this week, or shall I use this one?
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    May starting weight: 290.8lbs
    June starting weight: 284.4lbs
    Current weight: 282.8lbs

@Jl20alon2564, I love how you post your progression from month to month!! It shows where you have been, and how far you have come!! And down another 1.6...well done!!

That's why I do it. When I only lose a little or none at all in a week and im thinking I'm not getting anywhere, this always reminds me of exactly how far i have actually come.
  • CaroDav73
    CaroDav73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Its 6:20pm Monday eve been busy today helping my elderly parents redo their carpets so Im hoping moving furniture and ripping up old carpets counts as excercise, all food has been logged,im under my calories and my water intake has been bottle after bottle (could pee for the olympics), had a couple of biscuits (naughty) with a cup of tea with mum but at least it wasnt her cake(so could of had a slice) Hope your all having a good day :smile:
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    CaroDav73 wrote: »
    Its 6:20pm Monday eve been busy today helping my elderly parents redo their carpets so Im hoping moving furniture and ripping up old carpets counts as excercise, all food has been logged,im under my calories and my water intake has been bottle after bottle (could pee for the olympics), had a couple of biscuits (naughty) with a cup of tea with mum but at least it wasnt her cake(so could of had a slice) Hope your all having a good day :smile:

omg you are making me miss being in the UK something fierce lol!

and dying at the (could pee for the olympics) :D:D:D
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to this group. I'm a 35 year old mom of 3 boys - my oldest is turning 8 this week. We were celebrating his birthday with family this weekend, so I was off MFP. I started last month with the UAC, and found it was very helpful. Wanted to add another challenge - so here I am.

Mini-Challenge
    June 1 - pass day
    June 2 - yes x3
This discussion has been closed.