TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Options

Replies

• DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, C25K. I fell behind a little at the end of last week. I tend to overbook myself and then get overwhelmed, anxious and then procrastinate. I am learning to give myself grace - there is no deadline for this - but a continuation of healthy habits. So, I'm back on track, feeling better and more in sync.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, but I ate the exercise calories. I have no 'goal' on this - but last month, if I was hungry I ate them, if not - I didn't. It seemed to work ok.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used: 1/3

I weigh in tomorrow - nervous because I had a few days off the grid. :#
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options

i feel this. i have until thursday though lol... at this point, remaining even would be a godsend.
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »

i feel this. i have until thursday though lol... at this point, remaining even would be a godsend.

Yes, even would be great!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    June 3
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    3 mile hike
    Step: 13592
    Water: 96oz

Happy Tuesday
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge

Sunday: no

Monday June 3
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: yes (25 minute walk)
  • CaroDav73
    CaroDav73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone how are we all?. Bit of a meh day today what with the weather rainy all day , also had to work out another route to work due to cordens of state visit from Mr President and first family (thankyou POTUS extra steps on the count for me :) and (I work in transport sector) my step count which so far is 16455, food is logged(snacked a bit too much). Water logged about 3 bottles ( + a few cups of tea(was not warm today at all brrr)
    Mini challenge just for me:- to run up both flight of stairs for my train without stopping managed a flight and a half.
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    CaroDav73 wrote: »
    Hello everyone how are we all?. Bit of a meh day today what with the weather rainy all day , also had to work out another route to work due to cordens of state visit from Mr President and first family (thankyou POTUS extra steps on the count for me :) and (I work in transport sector) my step count which so far is 16455, food is logged(snacked a bit too much). Water logged about 3 bottles ( + a few cups of tea(was not warm today at all brrr)
    Mini challenge just for me:- to run up both flight of stairs for my train without stopping managed a flight and a half.

I live in Northern VA, right outside DC and lemme tell you the traffic when any POTUS travels is insane. 1/10 do not recommend.

Nice mini goal! I have a similar one - i have three flights of stairs in my house and one day i will be able to go from bottom to top without feeling like I'm going to keel over. Today is not that day though :D
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a question.
    How does everyone keep their energy and motivation to work out at the end of the day?
    I get over 10,000 steps just at work each day. I work with behavior challenged students and some days are trickier than others. I start with great intentions and bring my gym bag to work each day, but somewhere in the last hour of work I lose my energy and motivation to change clothes and do a workout. Mornings before work are not an option.
    So, what are your secrets?
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »

What kind of fun things does everyone have planned for their summer? I'm thinking about a two day kayaking trip in the Shenandoah's in August for my friend's birthday. It's ambitious but sounds like a good time.

My husband and I are taking a trip to Philly and Atlantic City in the first week of August. We have been married for 26 years, but since I already had a son when we started dating we have never taken a vacation without kids so this is exciting!
    The rest of the summer I am off without pay because I work in a school so my plan is to get in lots of exercise.

@erikNJ suggestions of must-sees in that area?

I could go on and on about Philadelphia, I love ot so much. Atlantic City is love/hate for me. Love the fun, but I hate gambling.

What are you and your huabands interests? I really could write pages about what to do so maybe that could help me break it down.
    I could recommend lot’s of food too, but I don’t want to sabotage your loss - especially cause you will have broken down that wall.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    What kind of fun things does everyone have planned for their summer? I'm thinking about a two day kayaking trip in the Shenandoah's in August for my friend's birthday. It's ambitious but sounds like a good time.

That does sound fun. Have you ever been before?

My wife and I already did our big vacation for the year in March when we did 8 days in Jamaica. We will probably do a weekend away in either Baltimore, Boston or upstate NY/Canada. Haven’t decided where yet.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    6/4
    Exercised: walk with the pups
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
  • swauters
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Last week: 235.6
    This week: 231.4 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

Also May Results
    ⬇️4.3 lbs
    ⬇️ 4.4 inches 😊😊

Not giving up on me this time!

Thats a GREAT loss! Way to go girl!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Stephanie and I am 29/yo from Toronto Canada.

This will be my 10th month with BBT. Wow! Where did the time go??

I have currently lost around 95 pounds (give and take a pound) to date and about 40 of those pounds has been because of this group. I used to be an active poster and reader but as the new year came and summer began its approach, I have turned into a bit of a wall flower but never-the-less I am here and sticking with it! What more can a gal ask for.?

I am fully enjoying being apart of this community and have high hopes for a little more loss and a great maintenance. Thank you BBT for all your motivation and support and a specially thanks to @HASWLRS for being an awesome moderator, with a flawless approach. If it wasn't for her and every individual person here I probably would not have stuck through the rough patch and would have lost my patience a long time ago.... this group is awesome!!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    That does sound fun. Have you ever been before?

We've done some kayaking together - last year we hit the potomac during a particularly high water stage which was a lot different than our rinky dink creeks in upstate ny. This is a whole new challenge for the two of us lol
    My wife and I already did our big vacation for the year in March when we did 8 days in Jamaica. We will probably do a weekend away in either Baltimore, Boston or upstate NY/Canada. Haven’t decided where yet.

nice! my husband and i both hit 40 this year (me in dec, him in march) so we took trips to celebrate those milestones. a long, very crazy weekend in paris for my birthday (second week of the riots in fact) and the bahamas on a week long dive excursion for him. we are now grounded until we get our debt paid down a bit so we can buy a house in the NOVA area next year.

I love baltimore, or at least, i really love the aquarium!

I have a question.
    How does everyone keep their energy and motivation to work out at the end of the day? [snip]
    So, what are your secrets?

no secrets here, some days i'm successful and some days i'm not :neutral: it does help that i have a friend who will say hey! lets go for a walk! and that is normally how brody and i get our almost three miles in at night. other times, lazy wins :/

drea2011 wrote: »
    Last week: 235.6
    This week: 231.4 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

Also May Results
    ⬇️4.3 lbs
    ⬇️ 4.4 inches 😊😊

Not giving up on me this time!

you rock!! Great job!

Weekly Challenge
    Day: Tuesday
    Tracking: Yes
    Exercise: yes, another hour with brody and north of 20 minutes doing yoga this morning.
  • swauters
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

My husband and I are taking a trip to Philly and Atlantic City in the first week of August. We have been married for 26 years, but since I already had a son when we started dating we have never taken a vacation without kids so this is exciting!
    The rest of the summer I am off without pay because I work in a school so my plan is to get in lots of exercise.

@erikNJ suggestions of must-sees in that area?

I could go on and on about Philadelphia, I love ot so much. Atlantic City is love/hate for me. Love the fun, but I hate gambling.

What are you and your huabands interests? I really could write pages about what to do so maybe that could help me break it down.
    I could recommend lot’s of food too, but I don’t want to sabotage your loss - especially cause you will have broken down that wall.

My husband doesnt drink or gamble do to addiction problems. We are doing Atlamtic City to see the sunrise over the ocean (can you tell we are from the midwest?)

Interested in almost everything and have a few of the typical touristy things planned.... rocky steps, liberty bell tour, Poe's house, and Eastern State Penitentiary. We also plan to get 1 Pats and 1 Genos and do a comparison. See... told you touristy.

I will be moderately mindful of eating that week, but mostly just want to enjoy ourselves so food recommendations are great too.

Anything locals love? Anything weird and offbeat? We have done a lot of weirdo kitsch things on vacations like the worlds largest mustard museum, or Al Capones bar.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    6/4/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked Yes
    Under Yes
    Exercise Yes, walking and 40 minutes mowing

Feeling better and better! This evening I put our new push mower together and got a decent chunk of the front lawn mowed... I am hoping to get more done tomorrow. I've been ride-mowing the lawn, but you can't get everything with that alone. Plus, the I got extra steps.

Also, I got two pairs of glasses in the mail today. After almost two years of my glasses being MIA, I can see clearly again! People at work are going to be super surprised to see me in glasses again!
This discussion has been closed.