• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    KeepingTrack1234
    June Week 3
    PW:141.8
    CW:143.6
    I've no idea what is happening--I know I need a new scale. I just can't see that it's possible with my eating and exercise that I have gained 4 pounds since end of May. I feel more like 140-141. I am going to call my doctor today to find out what about a possible Thyroid test? My food diary is open and I exercise daily using Fitness Blender. It's either the scale is wrong or something is wrong with my body! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Keepingtrack1234, I took a quick look at your food diary, I have a couple of suggestions, (disclaimer, I am no expert). You might want to increase your protein and decrease your sugar/carb intake. I find when I do this, it helps me. Also, maybe take a look at the weeks when you were loosing, has there been any changes in your eating habits? Are you drinking enough water? I also think that it would be a good idea to get your blood work done as you have suggested. I hope all is well with your test results. Happy Friday! :smiley:

Thank you so much. I wish I could give you a hug! I just talked to my doc on the phone; she literally said the same thing. I eat so little protein and for my 20's 30's, it worked! Now I need to eat eggs, beans and salmon twice a week. It's affecting my mood and metabolism. I am tired and down a lot. I know some of it is life stress, but it seems to be disproportionate. I am committing to it TODAY. I am going to give it a good go over the next month and if I don't see a change in the way I feel, I will go see her for the blood work. Seems like a good plan. :)
    Thank you so much!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Keepingtrack1234, I was diagnosed Hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid) about 25 years ago, it was a surprise to me. I had just gone to the Dr for a toe issue, and they just ran my blood work just because it had been a while. Next thing I know I received a RX for thyroid medicine... I fought it because I really didn't like the idea of being put on a lifetime med. Long story short, I took the RX and within a month, I just couldn't believe how much better I felt, tons more energy. I thought my feeling tired all of the time was just normal, raising 2 boys, working full time, etc...
    If your doctor does find that you need RX for your thyroid, I suggest jump on it!
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT WAIT for July.. this month has been a wash with my weightloss..Bummed.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Keepingtrack1234, I was diagnosed Hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid) about 25 years ago, it was a surprise to me. I had just gone to the Dr for a toe issue, and they just ran my blood work just because it had been a while. Next thing I know I received a RX for thyroid medicine... I fought it because I really didn't like the idea of being put on a lifetime med. Long story short, I took the RX and within a month, I just couldn't believe how much better I felt, tons more energy. I thought my feeling tired all of the time was just normal, raising 2 boys, working full time, etc...
    If your doctor does find that you need RX for your thyroid, I suggest jump on it!

Omg that is wild. I'm going to really commit for a month and go from there. Thank you for listening and sharing. Megan
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    allietuge wrote: »
    I CANNOT WAIT for July.. this month has been a wash with my weightloss..Bummed.

I. Can't. Even. 😕
  • allietuge
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234
    I have no clue where my drive went this month.

@BonnieHosk85 - you got it, Captain!!
  • allietuge
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 20 minutes on Arc Trainer

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Gutbusters Weekly Challenge:
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Yes - 12 glasses
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Just going to say, I also have a family member on thyroid meds probably for the rest of her life. She hated the thought of it, but is definitely doing better on them now. I’m sure the idea of needing medication daily is really overwhelming, but I hope the outcome of better health and happier living makes it worth it!
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I did some modified lifting today (my lower back is sore so I’m being careful) and some walking (Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is out and I had to level lol)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No 😓 I had a really hungry day and I was hurting too much to make up for it with intense cardio. Walking just doesn’t cover that sort of thing. I did eat fewer calories than what my watch believes I burned today at least. I suppose an unplanned maintenance day is not the worst thing.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, and it’s not pretty to look at.
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Yes!
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of exercise? Yes! Cardio workout.
    Within budget? No, but only a little over. Still im weightloss area.
    Track everything? Yes.
    Drank 8 glasses of water? Yes! Always!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@keishamaggie
    @Matthewsfive
    @TangoJuliet110

Please post using this template:

Username
    June Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    June Week 3
    PW: 218.2
    CW: 215:4
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Nice loss, @matthewsfive!! :star:
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yesterday, Yes, 30 minute walk at work
    Did I have 8 glasses of water yesterday (or my own personal goal)? No
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Team!

This past week on our weekly challenge we watched our macros. How did you do?

Today’s challenge is to try to increase our water each day. Last night, my husband woke up at 3 a.m. with a horrible leg cramp. This can be a sign that you need more electrolytes and water. I try to have 64 oz. of water a day. I don't always make it but this week I'm going to focus on that to be sure I get at least 8 glasses of water each day.

You can post using this format if you'd like.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)?

I’ll definitely be drinking more water. I don’t know if it was lack of water or the high heel I wore to an anniversary dinner but I went to dance and from my calf on up, both legs were cramping horrible. I’ve never felt such uneasiness and pain. My sister told me to drink water. I don’t know but I’m going to up my water intake
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    fe452436
    June week 3
    PW:203.5 lbs
    CW:204.5 lbs
    @BonnieHosk85
    I have extreme pain in my back going into leg.And this time Of and on numbness in the leg also.Please pray for me.I will start Phisio therapy on July 1.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @fe452436, so very sorry you're in so much pain. Hope the therapy is able to help you. I will be praying for relief for you. <3

@Kenyaa3, muscle cramps can be a sign of dehydration. I used to get them all the time when I would drink Coke Zero or a Mike's. I've cut both of those out, drink lots of water, and take these:
    7077fy56341p.jpg

A quick fix when they come on is also to drink tonic water that has quinine in it. That is almost an immediate relief, but unfortunately not always with you. Since I've been doing what I do now I almost never get them. It's truly been longer than I can remember since I've had one. The ones I got were so horrible they would bring me to tears. Hope this helps.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No, pulled a muscle in my thigh. Too painful to keep going on the bike or to walk.
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re starting our last week in June. I've been super disappointed with my weight loss this month, which actually hasn't been a weight loss this month! I've been kicking around the same amount of ounces each week. I'm getting discouraged, but I'm not quitting. I'm looking for ways to get things back to a regular losing cycle. I'm trying to measure more accurately. I'm increasing my water intake. I'm hoping for a loss this week!! If you're in the same struggle, hang in there. Things have got to change eventually if we're doing the right things. Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday. <3

Today we're looking for weigh-ins from:

@allietuge
    @BJDavidson964
    @crystalbarton31
    @LadySaton -
    @lisadianhays55
    @shalvy2007
    @Syd43

Please post using this template:

Username
    June Week 4
    PW: