Options

Replies

• ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday June 24:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no but my work day was 11 hours of nonstop running around. Does that count?

@ajaia2001 you are an inspiration!! Congrats and way to go! And yay team RTM!!

@skullsandskeletons Thank you and your doing great too!! Have a fabulous day!!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @jupdyke ~ I made a note of your vacation week. I can imagine it will be hard. I bet though you will still get in some exercise to help balance it out. I’ll miss you. But you deserve it! :) Before you leave be sure to find and mark the July thread so you can find us easily upon return. 👍🏽 And thanks for cheering on the team. And awesome Monday workout!

WE DID KICK BUTT! SUPER TEAM @RUNTRACKMINDS!

@JamieD328~ Sounds like your doing good. Getting into a groove to make this a lifestyle change and an overall wellness process in your life of life for life. 🤗 Good Monday!

@ajaia2001~ Way to slay on #Monslay!! 👏🏽 Yes… we are awesome. :) Thanks for posting daily and being an inspiration for us.
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Yeah for a #Monslay! 11 hours of work should be considered exercise! Phew! :) Thanks for the extra hip hip hooray for our team and teammate!
    @LululovinLife ~ What to do what to do!? Hhhhhhhmmmm Sounds like your body needs a good shake-up. It sounds crazy, but you could have what is called a boost meal, where you eat one extra portion of something or do a long stint of exercise. Last week I walked 2 miles and my body responded! !?!?!? Better than a gain, though. Keep at it! You can do it!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: over, 1387/ 1360
    Day: Continually frustrated with the scale, feel as though I've been doing all the same things I did before and not having the same success. Feeling meh about this journey this week. Haven't given up and won't give up, but being a little easier on myself with a few extra snacks here and there. I feel like I might need a week break of eating at maintenance, or slightly above where I normally eat to give myself a mental rest, then kickstart July off in a better place. Idk, still a bit on the fence about this idea. Will see how Tuesday plays out before fully committing to a maintenance week.
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Wed but posting today which I'll explain!

SW-226
    PW-226
    CW-226

My weigh in day is usually Wednesday but I just came off the Graduation/Retirement "party circuit" of the last two weeks. I do feel blessed to have so many nice friends that include me in the celebration of their life accomplishments but I cannot deny that six graduation and two retirement parties in three weeks means chaos for me with calorie control! Hence my want to weigh in today early so I can put all of this "making merry" behind me and get down to the business of weight reduction.

My favorite exercise starts this week with open water swimming. I am fortunate to live near the ocean and early morning swims with my swim group of one of my favorite kinds of exercise EVER!

Have a great week everyone!

• bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: over, 1387/ 1360
    Day: Continually frustrated with the scale, feel as though I've been doing all the same things I did before and not having the same success. Feeling meh about this journey this week. Haven't given up and won't give up, but being a little easier on myself with a few extra snacks here and there. I feel like I might need a week break of eating at maintenance, or slightly above where I normally eat to give myself a mental rest, then kickstart July off in a better place. Idk, still a bit on the fence about this idea. Will see how Tuesday plays out before fully committing to a maintenance week.

Some times are like that! If you think a maintenance week will recharge your batteries go for it so July has you completely recharged. Good for you keying into your feelings, this journey isn't just all about the body but the mind as well. :-)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    bakay138 wrote: »
    My favorite exercise starts this week with open water swimming. I am fortunate to live near the ocean and early morning swims with my swim group of one of my favorite kinds of exercise EVER!

Ooh, so jealous... A couple of years ago I went to swim in an open lake and absolutely loved it! Sadly, don't have that option anymore.
    Enjoy it!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday June 25:
    Exercise: no
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 2 hrs of cardio
    Goal/Day: A very hot Tuesday 🥵. Had a great workout this evening. Did 1 hr with my Tuesday group(bleachers and sprints on the football field) then walked/ran a hour on trail with my bestie.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Forgot my daily post yesterday (Tuesday)
    Run: did an hour aerobics/toning class, worked to my max but it was fun.
    Track: yes, had a homemade burger in a bun for supper, was yummy and within my calories. Went just a little over but made up for that with my workout.
    Mind: my scale is messing with my head, I'm not sure I can deal with weighing daily but I find it a little obsessive. I like to track my fluctuations but I also get disappointed with them. Food for thought....
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 6/25)
    Track: through lunch
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 13+
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =60mins
      =25m morning workout
      [+]5m warm-up
      [+]15m We Love Dance YouTube videos
      [+]5m cool/down
      =18m walk
      =17m bike
    • One post-dinner snack: more
    • Kitchen Closed! no

I planned for chocolate, but not salt. Hubby had chips in his basket. I thought I could control myself, but no. :( Today is a new day and now I know better. Do not go back into the kitchen. Keep it closed. It was a good 11 day streak. And hopefully it will be just the one day 'off.' That tonight, I'll have more determination and positive self-talk.
  • johicks
    Options
    What are you going to do to burn calories today? Tomorrow?

nhgr8grrd9o0.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309~ I know you won’t give up. Interested in how you will shake it up and if a maintenance week will do the trick. I had another binge last night, so need to be strict over here. And then one maintenance on the weekend. 🤗
    @bakay138 ~ Wow! 👍🏽 You did really good for all those parties. I hate to do this… I have your PW as 224.8. But, that is all behind you. Today, Wednesday is a new day w/no parties in sight! You can do it! You’re going to lose in July with all that swimming- for sure. I’m excited to get in the water too. I’m waiting for Torch Lake to warm up a little before jumping though.
    @skullsandskeletons~ Wooohooooo! 👍🏽 “Totally, Tuesday!- You did it!”
    @ajaia2001~ WHOA! That bleacher thing is inspiring! 💪🏃 I know I can not run them. But, I can walk them. I’m going to a little league baseball game and the field is near the football field. I am going to make an effort to walk up and down once. Then maybe a second time, too. Thanks for sharing this!! It won’t be an hour, but it will be better than nothing. You’re doing great!
    @Perla4686 ~ 60 minutes! Awesome!! 👍🏽 I like to weigh daily only for information!! It helps me know what foods affect me and what my best combination of foods are to lose weight. It is also a huge eye-opener when I binge and gain 2-3# in one day. I have a calendar by the bathroom scale. I write the daily weight small and my Sunday weekly weigh-in large numbers. It’s a tool. It’s not the rule. There are so many tools we can use. When we switch our focus from the scale to making habits and being determined, then it’s a little easier to use the scale as a tool. Habits. You can make that mental switch. One day at a time. One meal at a time. One minute at a time. You’re doing it. Keep doing it!

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@johicks.
    @MaelynMayhem.
    @bhlavac5560.
    @LuluLovinLife.
    @Nige1313.
    @Red1185.
    @skullsandskeletons.
    @Toyota100.
    @watchme1989.
    @Jactop.
    @JammyPea.
    @Jupdyke.
    @Klilev.
    @bakay138.
    @Hey3432.
    @JamieD328.
    @ajaia2001.
    @Fivepts.
    @germaine_yee.
    @jwall309.
    @Lovethyneighbor.
    @perla4686.
    @Maddiesmommy6611.
    @qbaimee.
    @wander216.

This is the last week of the June Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the July Challenge.

The July challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Run Track Minds (July) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10751056/team-run-track-minds-july#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Day: Normal day, no complaints

Still feeling defeated, I'm not regular so not sure if its TOM or just an off week or both. BF even commented last night that I was low energy compared to usual and was concerned something was wrong. Nothing is wrong that I can pinpoint....after another disappointing weigh in this morning, I've decided that other than Friday weigh in for this group, I won't weigh myself again until July 1. That gives me a few days off. I will stay on plan, but I need a mental break from the scale for this week. July 1 will be a "new"/refreshed start to kick off the next month of this challenge!
  • johicks
    Options
    @Nige1313
    @Toyota100
    @watchme1989

Hey teammates!! Looking for your June, Week #4 Sunday weigh-in. Please post ASAP. Thanks.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I want to applaud you all for doing such an awesome job. Go Team! I am leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I will be kind of quiet until we get back July 6th. We are going to Beaches all inclusive-Turks and Caicos in the carribean. Can't wait. Thanks @johicks for passing on the July info. I am going to step over and say hello now. Have a fantastic week everyone!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday June 26:
    Exercise: no
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: 1 hr at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Very calm Wednesday. Stayed on track with food and had a great workout!!!
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @jwall309~ I know you won’t give up. Interested in how you will shake it up and if a maintenance week will do the trick. I had another binge last night, so need to be strict over here. And then one maintenance on the weekend. 🤗
    @bakay138 ~ Wow! 👍🏽 You did really good for all those parties. I hate to do this… I have your PW as 224.8. But, that is all behind you. Today, Wednesday is a new day w/no parties in sight! You can do it! You’re going to lose in July with all that swimming- for sure. I’m excited to get in the water too. I’m waiting for Torch Lake to warm up a little before jumping though.
    @skullsandskeletons~ Wooohooooo! 👍🏽 “Totally, Tuesday!- You did it!”
    @ajaia2001~ WHOA! That bleacher thing is inspiring! 💪🏃 I know I can not run them. But, I can walk them. I’m going to a little league baseball game and the field is near the football field. I am going to make an effort to walk up and down once. Then maybe a second time, too. Thanks for sharing this!! It won’t be an hour, but it will be better than nothing. You’re doing great!
    @Perla4686 ~ 60 minutes! Awesome!! 👍🏽 I like to weigh daily only for information!! It helps me know what foods affect me and what my best combination of foods are to lose weight. It is also a huge eye-opener when I binge and gain 2-3# in one day. I have a calendar by the bathroom scale. I write the daily weight small and my Sunday weekly weigh-in large numbers. It’s a tool. It’s not the rule. There are so many tools we can use. When we switch our focus from the scale to making habits and being determined, then it’s a little easier to use the scale as a tool. Habits. You can make that mental switch. One day at a time. One meal at a time. One minute at a time. You’re doing it. Keep doing it!

@johicks Were you able to do the bleachers? I can usually run the first time but by time we get to the second set I'm much slower and walking up them.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 6/26)
    Track: mostly
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 13+
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =13mins
      =13m bike
    • One post-dinner snack: more
    • Kitchen Closed! No.

@ajaia2001 - I didn't. It was too hot for me. :( But I will on a cooler day.
This discussion has been closed.