TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    As we approach the weekend, prepare your mindset for positive self-talk and determination. You can do it!

37was944gxda.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    As we approach the weekend, prepare your mindset for positive self-talk and determination. You can do it!

37was944gxda.jpg

I need to add this to my daily affirmations- and remember at night, especially after the last two days. UGH!
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309~ So sorry. Our bodies are too complex, sometimes. Right!? Not weighing may also be a good break. So many options. And the stupid power we give to the scale. HUGS You will get through this!
    @jupdyke~ I doubt you will get this until you return. I know you will have a blast! Sounds like heaven. And nice “welcome/ intro” in July for our newbies and all to get to know you.
    @skullsandskeletons~ Wonderful Wednesday for you.
    @ajaia2001~ I made an excuse and burned zero calories by not running bleachers. Drats! It is a goal though! Thanks for asking. Great Wednesday for you!

Been on a 2-day funk. Ugh!! I’m going to work hard today to get out of it. It dawned on me as I lazed on the couch in the morning looking at my hubby…… He’s gotten up early (before me!) the last two days and that throws me out of my normal routine. So, I need a strategy for that. OR just more determination after being with him and before I go to work. Otherwise, it feels like a weekend morning and I have all day, then NOPE! Gotta get ready for work and I didn’t get meals packed/planned and no morning workout. Anyway…. Always learning and tweaking.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Username Jamied328
    Week 4 Thursday weigh in
    PW: 159.4
    CW: 161

This one is mostly out of my control because of bloating, but I know snacking hasn't been great either. Hopefully it will drop and I will make better decisions leading up to the 4th, which in my family is also a birthday, so there will be cake...
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    Username Jamied328
    Week 4 Thursday weigh in
    PW: 159.4
    CW: 161

This one is mostly out of my control because of bloating, but I know snacking hasn't been great either. Hopefully it will drop and I will make better decisions leading up to the 4th, which in my family is also a birthday, so there will be cake...

Snacks - sodium - bloating; all seem to go hand in hand. :frowning: But knowing that it's all part of life. The problem with cake is not eating it, but eating one piece and being in control. One good days, I will not have a carb with my dinner (potato, rice, bread, pasta, etc.) and eat a small piece instead. All we can is our best to adapt to making lifestyle choices. You're doing good with this and all you're going through. Hope you & mom can fit in a walk or some activity with the little ones, too. You will shake off that gain in no time! HUGS
    And the spin is.... you had an overall LOST for the month of June. :smiley:

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Day: Mood is improving bit by bit the closer we get to the weekend. I'm realizing my mood is also a result of frustration at work, unfortunately that won't change anytime soon, so need to figure something out to help with that.

@johicks as always thank you for the encouragement! I know this week has just been a blip on the radar in terms of how I've felt during this process so far, reflecting back the rest of the time has been a positive experience, so its ok that this week isn't as positive, I'll move forward and move past it.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report Thurs
    Run: no workout today, still sore from my Tuesday workout.
    Track: yes, over by 600 :'( not planned my day well and ended up with pizza for dinner. I was still on track so tried to have a little pizza but then ended up really hungry two hours later, and the biscuits came out.
    Mind: on the upside, when I stopped, I stopped! Told myself it happened and moved on.
    I've been very bloated/constipated for the last week, I'm not sure why. So the scale hasn't moved and i'm not feeling great. I hope things shift by morning (literally) as I know I don't handle a disappointing weigh-in well (read: sod it, might as well eat whatever ...)
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Even
    Exercise: No
    Goal/Day: What a tiring day!!! I broke even on my calories so I'm ok with doing no exercise today even though tomorrow is weigh in day. I don't like to get on the scale until weigh in day so hopefully end June with a loss 🤗
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday June 27:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over but only 58
    Exercise: no
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Week 4 weigh in Friday
    PW: 180.4
    CW: 180.4
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    User Name: ajaia2001
    Weigh in week: June - wk4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 161.6
    Current Weight: 159.6
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »

Nice one!
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    ajaia2001 wrote: »

Nice one!

@Perla4686 Thank you 😊
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Friday
    06/28/19 week
    PW: 212.6
    CW: 210.2
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Friday
    06/28/19 week
    PW: 212.6
    CW: 210.2

Wow, a good week for you! Well done.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week 4
    Friday
    PW: 172.8
    CW: 172.6

While I'm happy this isn't a gain, I'm super disappointed with my progress this month. Won't be doing daily weigh-ins the next two days to get a mental break and restart fresh July 1.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Did my best
    Calories: Over
    Day: Had a catered work lunch for a retiring staff member. Tried to enjoy the free food in moderation. Ended up only having a small snack for dinner because I was still full from the lunch. Tracked as best as I could. Using this weekend as a little bit of a reset after a frustrating month. Staying away from the scale, and staying on plan but stressing less about it and letting myself go up to maintenance calories if I need to.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Daily report Thurs
    Run: no workout today, still sore from my Tuesday workout.
    Track: yes, over by 600 :'( not planned my day well and ended up with pizza for dinner. I was still on track so tried to have a little pizza but then ended up really hungry two hours later, and the biscuits came out.
    Mind: on the upside, when I stopped, I stopped! Told myself it happened and moved on.
    I've been very bloated/constipated for the last week, I'm not sure why. So the scale hasn't moved and i'm not feeling great. I hope things shift by morning (literally) as I know I don't handle a disappointing weigh-in well (read: sod it, might as well eat whatever ...)

Hugs to you. You are not alone -- we all have gone through times like this. I hope you are not beating yourself up over the pizza and biscuits. Pizza and biscuits are meant to be enjoyed as a treat; we have our treat and then we forgive ourselves and move on! I too have had GI issues cause me to feel yucky, but this too shall pass. Good luck!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody! I have to say that the news that I’m in the top 3 is shocking. I’m so happy, but I’m so surprised. I also have a confession: this week has been soooo hard with diet and exercise. I know when I go to weigh in, it’s not gonna be good. I’m so disappointed in myself. I hate that I have let myself start to slip back into some old habits. I stepped on the scale today, and I went from 163 —> 166. Fortunately that’s still not as high as where I started at 172, but still.....ugh........I need a major reset. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, but I don’t want to go in reverse. I have to kick my butt back in gear. I really don’t want to let the team down, either!! 🙁
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Friday June 28:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
This discussion has been closed.