WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @mrsbell8well I am concerned about your sister and nephew. Depending on the type of gun he bought today, if it was through the legal process, there is a waiting period. If he did actually buy it today its likely not registered. The authorities need to be notified that there could be a potential situation. This really isn't the appropriate forum to share that kind of information imo. Prayers for your family.

I am also concerned. I was thinking about your sister's situation last night and scared for her.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Busy Busy Busy day yesterday. Only had a chance to read last night but no time to respond.

Check in for Monday and Tuesday:

Food - great!!
    Water - great!
    Exercise - could be better..let me complain for a minute. Sore left shoulder: Biofreeze patch and ice is helping. Sore right hand due to carpal tunnel - I have a new fancy mouse and it is slowly getting better. Sore right knee likely from gardening on Sunday. Ice is helping with the swelling. Lots of advil too :) I'm a wreck right now!!

Otherwise, besides being super busy at work things are going pretty good. Listening away to my podcasts - keep that message playing in my head.

Oh my only complain is traffic and nasty drivers. Everyone is getting so mean and impatient these days. Too many people on the road and doing dangerous things. I avoided 3 crashes last week and 1 last night. So I planned a route taking back roads around the congested area and we'll see how that goes tonight. It adds a couple of extra miles..but worth it if the drive is better. I sorta wish winter was back and all these stupid drivers were off the road! Stupid stupid self centered people...too many these days.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    I have read all the posts, just not posting much myself. I have hit another plateau and bouncing on it! Up a pound down a half -- so frustrating. I have stuck with the one snack a day most days and eat close to my calorie goals. Maybe it's time to revise my goal.
    @Mrsbell8well that is a good problem to have - droopy pants - but you need to look good for your work days so maybe not!
    @ sleepymom5 good luck with your doctors visits, hope they can help you
    @cyndiesstuff what a big tractor! and you drive it! nice that you can help people that way.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Been busy. I have been exercising. I did get up early but not today. I will go walking tonight while my son is at his appointment. Right now I have him at the rhumetologist. Next week he is having an MRI and eeg. I'm also taking him to the hospital today to see if he can get financial assistance for all his bills. He has been filling out job applications but it's tough. Between his appointments and mine I'm very busy and exhausted. I did start a new Leslie Sansone video we will see how I like it. Have a great day
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @mrsbell8well I am concerned about your sister and nephew. Depending on the type of gun he bought today, if it was through the legal process, there is a waiting period. If he did actually buy it today its likely not registered. The authorities need to be notified that there could be a potential situation. This really isn't the appropriate forum to share that kind of information imo. Prayers for your family.

Unfortunately in Virginia there is no waiting period, and no background check if it is bought at a gun show or through private party purchase. But @Mrsbell8well assuming he is here in the state, anyone in the family can contact the nearest Community Services Board or the local sheriff and explain the situation. They can arrange for an emergency evaluation of his state of mind. I won't continue this discussion here, but if you need to get details PM me. Hugs.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Monday
    Food: over my calories
    Water: good
    Exercise: walked at the gym and worked in the garden
    Steps: 8658
    Sleep: a little over 6

Daily check in Tuesday
    Food:slightly over
    Water:not enough
    Exercise:did not go to the gym but did go to community band practice for 2 hours last night
    Steps: 4506
    Sleep:almost 6
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda I like plain yogurt. this one is Lava but it is high in calories. I only use 1/2 the container at a time. I am picky too.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Tuesday
    Food:Logged and under
    Water:64 oz
    Exercise:None
    Steps: 6K
    This is my doctor appointment week. I had another appointment today, got my nails done, then had to run to pick MK up at a friends that she was supposed to have a ride home from. That took away my food shopping time. After I had to take her back to the shore as she works tomorrow. I won't be back down until Saturday. Tomorrow is my annual physical and the orthopedic doctor for my hip. I am sure I will get the results of my xray then too. My first appointment is at 8am so I am pretty sure I won't be on here until later in the day. Hope everyone has a good night and a wonderful day tomorrow!

@cyndiesstuff No it didn't come across as snarky at all Lol! I appreciate all your suggestions.
    @carlsoda Oh no! Glad ice and advil are doing the trick! Hope you are feeling better soon. Sadly it is the same way by me with the driving. I hope your new route works out.
    @jedaschultz I am so glad you are checking in. What are your goals for steps and water? Do you preplan your meals?
    @Mrsbell8well Keeping you all in my prayers
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Wednesday June 12
    Working on tracking more than food, but other things to get an understanding of what I am doing right and wrong.

F: food logged, under
    S: sleep, not good, also just realized its past midnight right now, so need to go to bed ASAP to be ok tomorrow.

W: water, about 2L
    A: none (tracking A for alcohol consumption)
    V: took my vitamins!
    E: exercise. None
    S: steps 10,500.

@Mrsbell8well I’m so sorry to hear about what you are going through. To think that people you love and your family are in danger is unsettling. I don’t have any advice, but do worry.
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Quick check in for Wednesday:
    food - logged and over (I messed up with sugar, yet on the bright side I managed to stay close enough to my calorie goal and didn't have any late night snacks)
    water - over 2 l
    exercise - 20 min walk
    steps - 9517
    Yesterday was more of a lazy day than a recovery one.

Plan for today:
    30+ min yoga
    30 min strength
    50 min walk
    no sugar and late night snacks
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Wednesday
    Food logged might be a tad over
    Water 32oz
    Exercise yoga 16 minutes
    Steps 6,384
    Sleep 6 hrs 42 minutes

Took mom to lunch. I had a cute restaurant in mind. Got there and it was closed. Mom having trouble w her phone and couldn’t call me so we had a late lunch. But I took her to Panera’s. She loved it. Recently someone told me that being a caregiver changes the dynamic of your relationship. It’s so true. I used to have so much fun w my mom. Especially around food. We no longer have that in common. Plus I feel like Molly and I have taken on a lot with the old folks under our roof. But it was never a choice. They needed us, we showed up.
    Talked to my other son for his 39th birthday. He is a high in demand baker in California. He does many things but wedding cakes are his specialty. Food network has reached out to him. We may see him on one of these bake off contests in the future.
    My apricot tarts were a huge success. I baked the vegan one when I got home. Wow...I thought “I need to bake a tart once a week”...note to myself NO...not yet. Too yummy. Need to wait till after I hit my goal.
    Can you believe it’s almost the weekend???
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Logged food: Yes, under (Day 10 of 28 day goal)
    Water: 40 oz
    Steps and Exercise: 14,018 steps

The last few days have gone well – still on track. Happy to see my weight down. Have a great Thursday!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Wednesday
    Food ate on track
    Water 62 Oz
    Exercise 30 minute walk
    Steps 12677

ok, let me first say, i am soooo excited today. i have so many crazy amazing things going on right now. yesterday was a good day, i ate on track. i stopped myself from a binge with the help of God. He gave me the willingness to use my tools. i drank my water and had a 30 minute walk, got in my steps. phew good day. now.... lets talk about the scale and why i want to focus on it today. we all need to take a lesson from this. the scale is fickle. it fluctuates because of so many variables. i can look at my week and see that i ate good all week. i worked really hard 3 days at the farm and laying gravel, i drank my water, and got my sleep, it should have been a loss right? wrong. i am under a huge amount of stress right now. and my body is producing cortisol is response. increased cortisol levels increase hunger. it also helps your body increase glucose levels. i have also worked harder physically than i have since last year. my muscles are sore. so they are retaining water to help in the repair process. so i am not bummed about the .5 pound gain. in fact i am proud of myself. i am getting my eating under control for the last time. i am going to be successful. interview first, lol, i have changed my clothes three times!. ohh and then i get to see my baby, my youngest son. i cant wait.

@carlsoda yup! that is all the ole boy has. he has probably 10 tractors and all Massey or Ford. you should come over, we could have a tractor race for ole times sake!! and i understand about being a wreck. that is why i took yesterday off from working out. farm work is one tough work out!! very hard on the body. i have bruises and scraps. love that message playing in your head. me too. sometimes it goes on auto repeat in my brain. ohhh and i agree about the drivers these days. not only are they self centered, they can't get their noses out of their phones.

@pacsnc6 you can do this. take some time today and write out the advantages of losing your weight for the last time. post it everywhere so you can see it. read it over and over thru out the day. keep those goals front in your mind. i know this is tough and the newness has worn off. but this is when you pull out that determination and get it done.

@ljdanny wow that is a crazy amount of stress too. we all have our struggles. i am so glad that you are keeping up with taking care of you in the process. good job!!

@eyesopennow what were the results of your blood work? how are you doing?

@jedaschultz thanks for checking in. how are you doing?

@mrsbell8well my son is a schizophrenic. and i know too well about the crazyness involved with it. hang in there.

@sleepymom5 i really hope you get some answers today.

@julie8467 i love how you are working on the whole you! that is awesome.

@Moarrein you are doing wonderful too. changing old habits is hard. it will take time. but we are going to do it this time!!

Welp, i have to go exercise. then go to my interview. we are going to do this. this time, today is the only day i have to take care of. i can do this for just one day.

What will you do today? Its just one day.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Wednesday Check in

Food - almost perfect!! Only extra thing I had that wasn't on my plan was 1 Trader Joe's Gluten Free Crisp Bread @ 130 calories. Hubs brought them out and was it worth it - not really. I do love them but I typically eat one with my lunch not with supper!

Water - Fabulous!

Exercise - 10,000+ steps and 15 minutes of yoga

Overall a great day. I'm still doing the 24 hour plan albeit I didn't plan tonight's supper until this morning. Nothing was sounding good last night and boom it hit me this morning sheet pan chicken tenderloins with potatoes and veg.

I did start working on an excel spreadsheet which had cells for my weekly dinners and to the right all the different types of meals I make. My thinking is I can plan my M-S weekly meals by Thursday or Friday then I know what to grocery shop for as well know what I need to pull out of the freezer. Brilliant right :) hehehe

Have a fabulous Thursday!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff - GOOD LUCK!!!! Go nail that job girl! And you're on, next time I drive to Ontario I need to stop by your place and we can drive tractors together!! I cross the boarder in Sarnia so I think I almost drive past your neck of the woods!!
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff good luck!! Thinking of you today!! And it is so nice to hear you’ll see your baby boy today!
This discussion has been closed.