This June I Will...

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    Sleep
    June 1 8 hours!!! Went to sleep earlier & fed cat at 5-ish, put eye mask on, and slept 3 more. I felt GREAT!
    June 2 6 combo of iPhone app recording late at night & medications that kept me awake (despite yawning) & husband waking early for work. I did use sleep mask after cat woke me and got some more before hubby woke up.

June 3 5:50 (lots of adrenaline from late night speaking engagement & drive home... then cat woke me up as did a few rare mild leg cramps due to fancier shoes.) I did use sleep mask & managed to get another 50 mins!) very sleepy this AM

Reflection so far:
    Going to sleep earlier will be the bulk of solving this problem.

Iโ€™m going to take baby steps:

For the next week, I will record
    1E) first time I yawned
    1B) time of last food & if heavy or light
    1C) What I did between 9pm & lights out
    1A) what time I turn off the light

1D) what time Hubby went to sleep
    (He goes to bed earlier- perhaps I can gradually learn to use that as trigger, but it varies & thereโ€™s only 1-2 mins from when he decides to when heโ€™s asleep so not much warning...)

2A) If cat kept me from falling asleep
    2B) what time(s) cat woke me up through the night and in the morning

6A) Times I woke up to use restroom

3A) what time Hubby woke up

4) I put on sleep mask in - if I do

5A) what time I woke up in AM
    5B) how I feel

Itโ€™s a lot, but I need to get some data to know if itโ€™s the cat, the bright bedroom, food, medication, ohone, etc.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 o am following your sleep exploration with great interest. I have some sleep issues that I am sort of working on, but not as focused as you are. Will be interested to see what you discover. Do you have a fitness watch that tracks sleep? I find my Fitbit data interesting and useful, but lack the kind of data you are planning to gather. Which should be very helpful.

One suggestion ...trade your cat for a Corgi. Macy doesn't hardly budge until I get HER up in the morning (which. If it is early, usually takes at least 2 tries) :smile:
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @jan110144 and congratulations on your success! Spending can become such a hassle and I do like your plan! Good luck!

@nebslp great plan! I recently posted how I am am addict and my drug of choice is food. So glad you have come up with this idea and I really hope it better helps you determine your need of food. Thanks for sharing.

@texasgardnr sleep is so important. I cannot begin to tell you what a difference it has made for me since I started paying attention to my sleep patterns. I am determined to continue it. I wish you the best of luck!

@PackerFanInGB The Good the bad and the ugly!! I love it!

Hello friends. It is good to be back here sorry I am late to the party. Now that I am no longer working I have a bit more time to spend here. I do not want to be on my laptop all day but I do need to connect and engage now that I am back home full time. I do not want my emotional health to spiral downwards.

1. My goal for this month (This June I will...") log and exercise every day and keep myself mentally stable.

2. The small actions Iโ€™ll be taking to accomplish this goal: eat right, log to MFP daily, plan my exercise the day before, dress to exercise when I wake up, journal, take my supplement.

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: daily reminder on my phone

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): I want to do it everyday!

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Books, clothes, pedicure etc!

6. What help do you need from us? Support! Cheers!

7. What does success look like to you at the end of June? Success will be more days on my log counter here on MFP, success will mean having more of a positive mindset, success will be that my clothes will still fit come August! lol!

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I am going to track my June sleep I Will as well as my nutritional mini I Will here for greater accountability.

To track my getting to sleep earlier (before midnight, however success will be for between 10:30-11:00 PM for better consistency.) I will use ๐Ÿ•™, and when adding in some extra nutrition such as: a salad ๐Ÿฅ—, or extra vegetables ๐Ÿฅฆ, or a smoothie ๐ŸŒ, or juicing that day ๐Ÿฅ•.

June 1: ๐Ÿ•™ ๐Ÿฅ—
    June 2: ๐Ÿ•™ ๐Ÿฅฆ
    June 3: ๐Ÿ•™ ๐Ÿฅ—

๐Ÿฆ‹ :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Welcome @jan110144! Congratulations on reaching maintenance! What fun having the opportunity to get a new wardrobe :p . Becoming an intentional spender is a great I Will goal!

๐ŸŒบ :flowerforyou:
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    So far, so good (given that 4 days is not much to brag about! ๐Ÿ™‚) I did, however, go to Meijer and only bought groceries and only what was on my list.

I also have another "small action" to add to my list.

. I will toss, unopened all catalogues I get in the mail and delete, unopened, all promotional emails.

I bought a lot of my "post-loss" clothes online (and always by riding apparel and horse stuff online). Not looking at these ads is kind of like not walking through the bakery dept when buying grocrries. If I don't look at it. I can't buy it!

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So this is my 3rd try and I hope I donโ€™t lose this again when Iโ€™m ready to hit send๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–.
    Recap

You all have really great goals!

Iโ€™m doing better with awareness. Misplaced my phone this morning and still made better choices. Not feeling much for hunger signals so will figure out whatโ€™s up with that.

Finished taming the unruly lilac bush, then tonight walked the field path (major hill) behind our place. Lots of trees and wildlife out there. I got pics of some cool birds. Good day. And now Iโ€™m going to hit send QUICK!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 o am following your sleep exploration with great interest. I have some sleep issues that I am sort of working on, but not as focused as you are. Will be interested to see what you discover. Do you have a fitness watch that tracks sleep? I find my Fitbit data interesting and useful, but lack the kind of data you are planning to gather. Which should be very helpful.

One suggestion ...trade your cat for a Corgi. Macy doesn't hardly budge until I get HER up in the morning (which. If it is early, usually takes at least 2 tries) :smile:

I did track sleep before but it seemed to make me more anxious & I read they are very inaccurate... the one I have is often way off. I will look into that if my attempts donโ€™t work after a few months. Thanks!

Love the Corgi!! But could She defend herself from my ๐Ÿˆ LOL!

Reflection so far:
    Going to sleep earlier will be the bulk of solving this problem.

1A) first time I yawned
    Itโ€™s 12:36 AM & I have not yawned.

9:30 pm - medium, no caffeine

Chatted with a friend, made late light-ish snack dinner, chatted with another friend as I did some drawing, rode exercise bike, looked at my art groups, updated MFP Challenges, became worried that I am unable to burn the calories I used to.

1D) what time I turned off the light
    12:40

1E) what time Hubby went to sleep
    About 11:30

2A) If cat kept me from falling asleep
    2B) what time(s) cat woke me up through the night and in the morning

3) Times I woke up to use restroom

4) what time Hubby woke up

5) What time put on sleep mask in - if I do

6A) what time I woke up in AM
    6B) how I feel

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Wonโ€™t let me edit: And I sent message to PT with a question re: one of the weight machines that is broken, asking if I can use another one.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Wonโ€™t let me edit: And I sent message to PT with a question re: one of the weight machines that is broken, asking if I can use another one.
    Yes, MFP was very annoying last night. I was blaming my internet connection for dropping me 2 times but maybe the blame was misplaced! Hope things go better on the site today๐Ÿคž
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Reflections so far:
    June 1: Going to sleep earlier will be the bulk of solving this problem.
    June 5: Simple Habit โ€œGentle Restโ€ audio worked well...slipped phone under my pillow on charger & used it Watch time I woke

1A) first time I yawned

Chatted with a friend, made late light-ish snack dinner, chatted with another friend as I did some drawing, rode exercise bike, looked at my art groups, sent text to my PT for some information, updated MFP Challenges, became worried that I am unable to burn the calories I used to.

12:48

2A) If cat kept me from falling asleep NO
    2B) what time(s) cat woke me up through the night and in the morning (Possibly the 3AM one but not sure)

3) Times I woke up to use restroom 1-2

4) what time Hubby woke up 8:10

6:30

6A) what time I woke up in AM 8:06 a bit earlier but I kept eyes closed & relaxed
    6B) how I feel - relieved & more rested
    I forgot how well these audio sleep inducing work for me. Things that felt like they would be too much to do today now seem totally easy. Sleep is wonderful & im glad I am finally willing to shift my habits (Iโ€™ve been reluctant because I love my night owl ways)

Biggest ah-ha: birds are noisy (and cute)

Looking forward to tonight!

I hope you have a great day!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I am going to track my June sleep I Will as well as my nutritional mini I Will here for greater accountability.

To track my getting to sleep earlier (before midnight, however success will be for between 10:30-11:00 PM for better consistency.) I will use ๐Ÿ•™, and when adding in some extra nutrition such as: a salad ๐Ÿฅ—, or extra vegetables ๐Ÿฅฆ, or a smoothie ๐ŸŒ, or juicing that day ๐Ÿฅ•.

June 4: ๐Ÿ•™ ๐Ÿฅ—

๐Ÿฆ‹ :flowerforyou:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    June Challenge: Log every single bite--the good, the bad & the ugly

6/1: :)
    6/2: :)
    6/3: :)
    6/4: :)

• nebslp
    Options
    Day 5 was a bust!!! No memos made at all. (Not an excuse...just the facts!) I was gone from 11-7 running errands and shopping and wasn't hungry all day. Finally about 4 I realized I was terribly thirsty so I got an iced tea and a pretzel because that's all that was in that area of the mall. I walked a lot and pushed myself to go faster than usual. Walking hills has increased my stamina. I'm going to skip hiking tonight and go to bed early.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    This June's I will: Tracking my progress of getting to sleep earlier (before midnight, however true success will be lights out between 10:30-11:00 PM for better consistency) each night. I will use ๐Ÿ•™ for lights out before 11 P.M.

For a secondary mini 'I will' I am also tracking when adding in some additional healthy nutrition that I've become lax about over time such as: salads ๐Ÿฅ—, and more vegetables ๐Ÿฅฆ, or that I have completely forgotten about such as making a smoothie ๐ŸŒ, or juicing ๐Ÿฅ• .

June 5: ๐Ÿ•™ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐ŸŒ

๐ŸŽ :flowerforyou:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Reflections so far:
    June 1: Going to sleep earlier will be the bulk of solving this problem.
    June 5: Simple Habit โ€œGentle Restโ€ audio worked well...slipped phone under my pillow on charger & used it Watch time I woke
    June 6: Posting to apps last night & finding I couldnโ€™t log on to MFP didnโ€™t help. Iโ€™m considering setting a time when all logging must be done by, say 10pm.

1A) first time I yawned
    June 5: yawned at 12:15AM as I was crawling into bed!

June 5 7:45 pm- large, chocolate

Chatted with a friend, made late light-ish snack dinner, chatted with another friend as I did some drawing, rode exercise bike, looked at my art groups, sent text to my PT for some information, updated MFP Challenges, became worried that I am unable to burn the calories I used to.
    June 5 - chatted, cleaned some, some TV, ready to go to sleep at 11 & had forgotten 4 leg stretches...fed cat, apps, apps, apps...

12:48
    12:49 (gave up on MFP) fell right to sleep!

11:00

2A) If cat kept me from falling asleep NO, although she did wake me up 5 mins after I fell asleep June 5 NO
    2B) what time(s) cat woke me up through the night and in the morning (Possibly the 3AM one but not sure)
    June 5: she didnโ€™t!!

3) Times I woke up to use restroom 1-2
    June 5: didnโ€™t

4) what time Hubby woke up 8:10
    June 5 8:30

6:30
    June 5 didnโ€™t

6A) what time I woke up in AM 8:06 a bit earlier but I kept eyes closed & relaxed
    June 5 7 AM felt refreshed

6B) how I feel - relieved & more rested
    I forgot how well these audio sleep inducing work for me. Things that felt like they would be too much to do today now seem totally easy. Sleep is wonderful & im glad I am finally willing to shift my habits (Iโ€™ve been reluctant because I love my night owl ways)
    June 5: needed more sleep but felt awake, hit me 1hr later

Biggest ah-ha: birds are noisy (and cute)
    June 5: put mask on in morning even if I feel refreshed

Tonightโ€™s latest lights out: 12:30am
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    This June's I will: Tracking my progress of getting to sleep earlier (before midnight, however true success will be lights out between 10:30-11:00 PM for better consistency) each night. I will use ๐Ÿ•™ for lights out before 11 P.M.

For a secondary mini 'I will' I am also tracking when adding in some additional healthy nutrition that I've become lax about over time such as: salads ๐Ÿฅ—, and more vegetables ๐Ÿฅฆ, or that I have completely forgotten about such as making a smoothie ๐ŸŒ, or juicing ๐Ÿฅ• .

June 5: ๐Ÿ•™ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐ŸŒ
    June 6: ๐Ÿ•™ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐ŸŒ

๐ŸŽ :flowerforyou: