TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    well guys I feel like I have been hit by a bus!!

Went wine tasting on Saturday and then to a friends garden party afterwards, I slipped and fell on the decking, I have as black eye and have concussion!!! No exercise as need to keep heart rate low, so I have literally just ate and slept!! :(

So sorry to hear this. Rest up and get well soon!
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    7/9
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    active: yes

My wife and I planned to go to the shore and walk the boardwalk tonight. I knew that the nice long walk would meet my exercise goal for the day. But you can’t go to the Jersey shore and not eat a slice of pizza! So I also fit in a kettlebell workout before we went to burn off that extra treat.

Sun: yes
    Mon: yes
    Tue: yes
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    7/7–7/9 yes x 3

Last week 229
    This week 227.8
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, 7/9/19

Tracked - no
    Under - ??
    Exercise - no

Sunday: no
    Monday: no
    Tuesday: no

I don’t know why when I travel on the weekends it takes me so long to get back in the routine of eating right and exercising. I know if I just ate right while I traveled it would make it easier, but that just doesn’t seem to happen no matter how many times I plan on it. Good news is that this was the last softball weekend for several months so I have no “excuses” not to stay on plan for the week and weekend. Starting today with exercise this morning and a well planned meals for the day.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    I don’t know why when I travel on the weekends it takes me so long to get back in the routine of eating right and exercising. I know if I just ate right while I traveled it would make it easier, but that just doesn’t seem to happen no matter how many times I plan on it. Good news is that this was the last softball weekend for several months so I have no “excuses” not to stay on plan for the week and weekend. Starting today with exercise this morning and a well planned meals for the day.

I don’t know why this is either (I can guarantee you are not the only one)
    It’s like our brain has a mental block that somehow talks us into extending our bad habits.
    Starting with exercise in the morning is the first step to kicking it back into gear though!

• swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    7/9

My wife and I planned to go to the shore and walk the boardwalk tonight. I knew that the nice long walk would meet my exercise goal for the day. But you can’t go to the Jersey shore and not eat a slice of pizza! So I also fit in a kettlebell workout before we went to burn off that extra treat.

@erikNJ 2 things. Great job planning ahead for the pizza and doing an extra workout.
    Also, when we are there we were planning White house subs. You think no and go for a slice of pizza instead?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    7/7–7/9 yes x 3

Last week 229
    This week 227.8

@drea2011, a solid pound gone, and after a long holiday weekend! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    157 this morning :s

To be fair, I'm fairly certain much of that is my post-movie popcorn bloat. I use an unhealthy amount of salt. No shame.
    On the bright side, I'm back to my normal routine for two weeks. Did lots of work at the gym today!

@eatingfoodles, sounds like you have things well under control, and in the right perspective! Go really hard for the next two weeks and see what you can do!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge

7/7/19 - yes/yes/yes - c25k w1 d3!
    7/8/19 - yes/yes/yes - walking
    7/9/19 - yes/yes/yes - c25k w2 d1 AND mowed my lawn and neighbors

(I am SO SORE from workout, mowing AND an rather aggressive massage therapist who took on the knot in my shoulder blades as a personal challenge - hope it's better tomorrow!)

@annabananamc, sore, but a "good" sore, right? Great start to the week so far!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    7/9/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked Yes
    Under Yes
    Exercise Yes, 40 minutes elliptical

Goals for this week:
    • Gym M,T,W,F,S(work days) S✔M✔ T✔
    • Elliptical: 2 days 35min, 3 days 45+ minutes(MTWFS) S✔ M✔ T✔
    • 64oz Water daily(minimum) S✔ M✔ T✔
    • Bedtime by 9:15 all nights but Wednesday and Saturday nights. Sat ✔ S✔ M✔
    • Pre-Pack gym bag and lunch each day this week. S✔ M✔ T✔
    • 10,000 daily step goal except for Sundays (I need to get better with this on my days off!) S(24,090)✔ M(15,495)✔ T(18,196)✔

I ended up getting a 35% discount at kohls, so I went a little crazy and ordered two new pairs of shoes, a couple new workout bras, and a second pair of workout shorts for the gym. I needed a second pair of compression shorts because it's too hot to wear leggings, and I hate having to pull my other shorts down all the time! Yay but not yay- the bras I ordered are a size smaller, because I'm losing a bit in that area(and the band area is getting much looser!), and the girls aren't staying where they need to!

@cmhubbard92, needing new workout clothes because the ones you have are becoming too big, and wanting new workout clothes because you are working out all the time now, are both great NSV's!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    SHEFITT45 wrote: »
    7/9

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None today

Tomorrow will be a better day!

@SHEFITT45, at least you were under!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am late again..
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 217
    Not much of anything, but in the right direction.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - July Week #1 (Sun the 30th to Sat the 6th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 22nd week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @drea2011 (6) - 7th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @Jeaniece1 (6) - first time trying the Mini Challenge and lands in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @annabananamc (5) - first time trying the Mini Challenge and puts in a Notable Effort!!
    @Caronell (5) - first time trying the Mini Challenge and puts in a Notable Effort!!
    @pandygirl19 (5) - first time trying the Mini Challenge and puts in a Notable Effort!
    @SHEFITT45 (5) - first time trying the Mini Challenge and puts in a Notable Effort!!
    @Tracie_Lord (5) - puts in another Notable Effort this week!!
    @ForLangston (4) - puts in another Notable Effort this week!!
    @swauters (4) - puts in another Notable Effort this week!!

Attempted:
    @abowersgirl (3)
    @pkg1998 (3)
    @sandkp (3)
    @Krysless2 (2)
    @LMK02020 (2)
    @murdog3t (2)
    @susanpiper57 (2)
    @erikNJ (1)
    @Nicoletime4me (1)
    @HASWLRS (1)

Well, for the first week of July we had 20 participate, up from 13 the week before. It's always more in the first week as everyone is anxious to have a good start to the month. Unfortunately, this first week contained the 4th of July and Canada Day long weekends, so of those 20, a solid half only Attempted. However, we did have three make it to the Winner's Circle, the same number as last week. This week @cmhubbard92 and @drea2011 were joined at the top by @Jeaniece1. Congratulations to all three for a fantastic start to July! Of note, we had four new members put in a Notable Effort and one new member, Rita, make it to the Winner's Circle!! So well done on embracing the Mini Challenge and reminding those of us that have been here a while how it's done!! And of course, Christine was accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS, as usual!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    I am late again..
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 217
    Not much of anything, but in the right direction.

@heaz10, it may not be much, but it is a small loss after a long weekend, so that is a win in my books every time!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in crew:

@Branawesomer and @mirendybryant

Mandy, if you would like, I can just transfer your weight over until you can figure out what you would like to do, or what you are able to do. If your doctor gives you a calorie goal, or range, to hit everyday, (either one not to exceed, or one not to go under) then you are welcome to stay with us to help you reach those goals. Obviously losing weight will not be your primary goal, and may not be your goal at all, but that is okay if there are other goals to reach for. (Can I type the word "goal" any more??)
  • erikNJ
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    7/9

@erikNJ 2 things. Great job planning ahead for the pizza and doing an extra workout.
    Also, when we are there we were planning White house subs. You think no and go for a slice of pizza instead?

This is like asking to pick a favorite relative, haha. Sandwiches and pizza are probably two of our most infamous foods. While White House is legendary, I believe you said you are going to try sandwiches while in Philly? Maybe do the sandwich in Philly and pizza on the boardwalk. Pizza shops are about every 2 minutes apart on the boardwalk, going to be hard to walk by all of them and not try one.
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Username: DreamAchiever33
    Weigh in week: July - Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight:189 (06/26/19)
    Todays Weight: 189.8

A gain - but considering I took about 9 days off completely - not so bad. I was down to 187.8 at some point in the past 2 weeks, so I know I'm still going in the right direction, just need to get back on the wagon.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: DreamAchiever33
    Weigh in week: July - Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight:189 (06/26/19)
    Todays Weight: 189.8

A gain - but considering I took about 9 days off completely - not so bad. I was down to 187.8 at some point in the past 2 weeks, so I know I'm still going in the right direction, just need to get back on the wagon.

@DreamAchiever33, less than a pound up and you took 9 days off completely?...that is a win in my books! Just get yourself back on the wagon, and that point eight will be gone in no time! Glad you are back with us!!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    7/9
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no, but not over
    Exercise: had to work late , couldn’t fit it in before my outside BPO concert.

7/10
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes one hour bike ride
This discussion has been closed.