Options

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Last: 246.1
    This: 244.9

Well I guess the damage I did over the holiday weekend was real whether I wanted to believe it last week or not 😠
    But having that mindset enabled me to get back into gear and have a pretty good week and i’m back to moving in the right direction (again ...)
    I start vacation in 5 weeks. So I need to lose a pound a week to be out of the 240s by then. Goal set.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in: 121.2
    I can’t remember my exact weight last week but I think I lost about a pound?

Mini challenge:
    7/7/19 4.5 mile run, under calories, logged
    7/8/19 30 minute walk, under calories, logged
    7/9/19 30 minute walk, under calories, logged
    7/10/19 4.5 mile run, under calories, logged
    7/11/19 20 minute walk, over calories, logged
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    July 11
    Tracked yes
    Under no
    Exercise no

2 no daus in a row, but still being accountable and posting them.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Pw: 200.2
    Cw: 197.6

Almost down from the holiday, now to get through thos week. One day, one decision, at a time.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    You can use the same numbers as last week. I'm sure I gained this week but I haven't weighed myself. I went to the ER this morning and had to have surgery bc I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had my left tube and baby removed. I'm not sure yet when I'll be getting back on track with my steps but hoping I can get back on track with my calories as long as my emotions don't get the best of me. I'm an emotional eater and this is a hard month for me

@mirendybryant, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that your physical healing is speedy so you can get back to walking, because your emotional healing is bound to take longer. I wish you much fortitude in not searching out comfort food at this time. (hugs)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    The next week is going to be a struggle! And I am really glad I am ok with IF. Here we have something called restaurant week. Restaurants around the city offer a 3 course lunch for only $11 and everyone loves this because it is a chance to try restaurants you normally couldnt afford or that may have food that you are on the fence about. I am really lucky to be included in a few different groups at work, as well as a group from high school and different family members BUT that means I am going to a different restaurant 6 days in a row starting tomorrow!

I have looked at all the menus of restaurants that were chosen, and have even logged the food in advance. My low carbs will be out the window and I will have to only eat that one meal each day, but with a bit of extra exercise I should be able to control the calories. Yikes. Crossing my fingers.

@swauters, I love, love, love how you have planned ahead for this coming week. I hope that with your pre-logging, and your plans to skip other meals and get in a bit of extra exercise, that you are still able to maintain your calorie deficit. But more than that, I hope that because all of your "thinking" has been done ahead of time, you can truly enjoy these outings, because they do sound like fun!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini challenge
    7/10/19 - yes/yes/no - so busy I barely ate!

I'm in a really stressful situation right now on a board I am on. I have a hard time keeping perspective that it is JUST a volunteer thing and not life/death, or even making me money. Mean people suck is all I can say. I am working on not letting it derail me, and didn't stress eat all day so yay me! But tomorrow, my day STARTS with exercise, then the stress will be easier to handle.

@annabananamc, we all know that exercise is great for stress relief, but we tend to forget. Glad you have remembered!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Boy using this on my comp is so much easier than my phone! I hate typing on that thing so I avoid things at times.

So my weigh in goes as follows:
    Week: 2 in July
    Day: Wednesday
    Previous week's weight: 174.2
    This week's weight: 173
    Difference of -1.2lbs

Woot!

As for the mini challenge, I'm doing horrible. Logging is an issue for me as I often don't have time to imput everything. I eat mostly foods I've made at home and they can be quite full of different ingredients. But I"ll start trying tomorrow. I"m slipping again and it is helpful in keeping me on track.

Wednesday July 10:
    Tracked: No
    Stayed within calories: yes. I know for a fact I'm under as I've eaten very sparingly today. Not in a bad way tho!
    Activities: 1 hour workout at the gym then an hour of beach volleyball!

@Branawesomer, well, congratulations on your loss this week, and starting the downward trend!! I do virtually all of my typing on the computer as well, and for the same reason! It is definitely harder to log homemade meals, unless they are simple, so I get what you are saying. The Mini Challenge is just one tool that many use to keep them on track, but it is not the only tool, so don't feel bad if it isn't for you.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Ore tracked, including the nachos n margarita from my dinner, already exercised, and not over, as I’m doing veggies for lunch n dinner. #learning n proud

@ForLangston, well now, there's a well planned out day!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH IN DAY

Last weeks weight: 165.6
    This week’s weight: 164.4

Alright cool! Another loss for the month of July... I’m quite happy! I actually was sad when I saw the number bc I thought I gained from last week, but I didn’t!! Wooo!

@mickey10111, you should be very happy! Another loss, and you seem to be well secured to your wagon this month!! Keep it going, Mikayla!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    July 11
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 183
    Current- 181

@Nicoletime4me, we haven't seen a two pound loss from you in a while....well done, Nicole!! Are the 70's in your near future?? I think so!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH IN DAY

7/11/19 -
    167 -2.2 this week / -3.8 total

AMAZED with myself! Obviously challenges work for me

@annabananamc, Challenge accepted!! Well done, Ann!! Another very good loss this week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    7/11/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked Yes
    Under No
    Exercise Yes, Bare minimum 20 minutes walking

Goals for this week:
    • Gym M,T,W,F,S(work days) S✔M✔ T✔ W✔ W❌
    • Elliptical: 2 days 35min, 3 days 45+ minutes(MTWFS) S✔ M✔ T✔ W✔ T❌
    • 64oz Water daily(minimum) S✔ M✔ T✔ W✔ T✔
    • Bedtime by 9:15 all nights but Wednesday and Saturday nights. Sat ✔ S✔ M✔ T✔ W❌
    • Pre-Pack gym bag and lunch each day this week. S✔ M✔ T✔ W❌ T✔
    • 10,000 daily step goal except for Sundays (I need to get better with this on my days off!) S(24,090)✔ M(15,495)✔ T(18,196)✔ W(18,463)✔ T(3,000)❌

Today was not a strong day, but I made the decision that I am putting my two weeks notice in at work. It is written, signed, and ready to be sheepishly handed over to management tomorrow. It will give me one week to move before starting this new job, as long as everything goes smoothly with the paperwork(hopefully no hiccups). If it takes a little longer, at least I will be able to take that vacation to Maine with my boyfriend during the first week of August!

I didn't meet my step goal, and I didn't stay under my calories(ridiculously unnecessary meal at BK led to skipping dinner to absorb some of those calories). I am calling tomorrow a fresh start, and hitting the gym in the morning before I head to work. I do need to cut myself some slack, but it is hard to, sometimes. I try to be pretty strict with myself!

@cmhubbard92, congratulations on deciding to take this new job! Your day would have been more emotional and mental that usual, so an unplanned BK lunch happened, and that is to be expected sometimes. It in and of itself it not a setback....taking diet breaks or the odd cheat meal is a necessary survival tactic for some people. And since you regularly do not give yourself enough slack, give yourself some now. As long as you get back on track when you tell yourself you are getting back on track, then you are still on the road to success!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Week: Week 2
    Today: Thursday, July 11
    Start weight:  216 lbs
    Previous week's weight: 216.6 lbs
    Current week's weight: 217 lbs. Weight is from Tuesday (last time I had a scale but at least it's this week... and a very small gain.)

@sandkp, I am admiring your resolve and your "one day at a time, do the best that I can" attitude! A very small gain, indeed, so a small win as well!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thanks for the comments after my injury, the weekend was heavy but been good with food and nutrition all week, just so frustrating I can't get in the gym or do my home workouts. Its raining here a lot today, hope tomorrow is decent so I can at least get out for a walk

PW 171.25
    CW 175.00

Sorry to bring the team stats down :(

@Tracie_Lord, you are completely forgiven for gaining weight....you are one of our rock stars!!
    Having a concussion and not being able to exercise after a "heavy" weekend is just your current situation, and not one that will last long if you have your way. Yes a walk would be nice...so go away, rain!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Lw : 238 today: 236 moving down. Just joined a money biggest loser challenge, n that will help me get to 229 this summer. 🏦

@ForLangston, money is often a good incentive for people!!! Look out 229...she's coming for you!! Congratulations on your your two pound loss this week and completely reversing your little "up" from last week!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    First the bad:

Username: EnyaGoBoom
    Weigh in week: July week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight: 218.1
    Todays Weight: 223.1

It's been too long since I checked in, and I'm sorry. Things are off the wall.

I test on Monday for my HR Cert - right now I'm failing my pre-tests. Not be a lot, but I should be comfortably passing at this point.

I moved a year ago to a whole new region to be with my husband - his job takes him on the road for long stretches of time - anyway, he's in the running now for a new job in a new region which ... would be really excellent for him, but we'd be geographical bachelors again. it's not the end of the world, but it has knocked the wind out of my sails a bit.

And work is insane. HR is never dull.

Anyway. That's the less nitty, gritty version of events.

By the end of the month my goal is to be tracking my food and seeing the scale pitch downward. And be back in the water regularly.

@HASWLRS is a gem. Thank you for checking in on me. No lie, there is guilt that I bailed, but I don't feel judged and really appreciate the pings.

@enyagoboom, so glad to see you back!! Yes, you have a lot going on in your life right now, but waiting for life to settle down before working on you and your health is never wise, as life seems to constantly throw us curve balls. In other words, we need to learn to hit that pitch, because if we sit on a fastball, we could be waiting for a long time...."life" is one of the best curve ball pitchers around!! I am glad you have a date firmly set, (July 31st, the end of the month) to start your journey again!! In the meantime, try to make small positive changes, or choices, each day.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Weigh-in
    Last: 246.1
    This: 244.9

Well I guess the damage I did over the holiday weekend was real whether I wanted to believe it last week or not 😠
    But having that mindset enabled me to get back into gear and have a pretty good week and i’m back to moving in the right direction (again ...)
    I start vacation in 5 weeks. So I need to lose a pound a week to be out of the 240s by then. Goal set.

@erikNJ, you definitely had the right mindset to start moving again in the right direction...well done on a solid pound lost! A pound a week for five weeks....you got this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Friday weigh in: 121.2
    I can’t remember my exact weight last week but I think I lost about a pound?

Mini challenge:
    7/7/19 4.5 mile run, under calories, logged
    7/8/19 30 minute walk, under calories, logged
    7/9/19 30 minute walk, under calories, logged
    7/10/19 4.5 mile run, under calories, logged
    7/11/19 20 minute walk, over calories, logged

@susanpiper57, look at that fantastic week taking shape!! Yes, you lost a pound, so well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    Pw: 200.2
    Cw: 197.6

Almost down from the holiday, now to get through thos week. One day, one decision, at a time.

@swauters, the fact that you gained over the holiday, and got back ever so slightly over 200, but you did NOT fold like a house of cards, speaks volumes to where you level of resolve is this time around!! Well done on your solid two and a half pound loss!! One day, one decision at a time this week.....you got this!!
This discussion has been closed.