edited July 2019
    Options
    pgdmnx467esw.jpg

SAVING MY LIFE.
    LET THOSE WORDS SINK IN.

• mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My body is sore and somewhat tired. Been back to the gym. Wt swing. Did not weight for the last few days due to the dreaded expectation that my weight would jump and it did. Stepped on the scale and it read 239.8lbs. I believe my workout is causing goodcwater retention since the muscle is plumping back up. The weight should drop back down. I can live with the up and down during the week as long as the long term trend continues down!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @JamieD328~ Good job getting back on track and getting in a walk. πŸ‘πŸ½ Yeah, you! It’s nice when we recognize the good choices from the poor; and how much better we feel (and lose) when those good choices are made. Happy grocery shopping for those good foods!
    @Jupdyke~ As I type this you are up and out at the gym. πŸ’ͺ Hope it’s a great workout. Good job on getting Day 2- DONE! πŸ‘ŠπŸ½
    @ajaia2001~ Tremendous Tuesday! Nice to hear that the amino acids had a positive next day affect, too. Dang girl! Now you need to take a self-defense class and show them who’s boss. Lol ;) You’re doing great!
    @skullsandskeletons~Terrific Tuesday! πŸ‘ŠπŸ½
    @wander216~ Glad you are feeling better. Glad you’re back on track and eating. Your muscles and circulation will thank you when you talk your walk. :)
    @mawash9~ Nice to hear from you. Thank you for sharing. Great attitude! Keep the good habits and use the scale as one tool to measure your healthy success.

What are some of your local Farmer’s Market fresh items?
    πŸ‰ πŸ‡ πŸ“ 🍈 πŸ’ πŸ‘ 🍍 πŸ₯₯ πŸ₯ πŸ… πŸ† πŸ₯‘ πŸ₯¦ πŸ₯’ 🌢 🌽 πŸ₯• πŸ₯” 🍠 πŸ₯œ 🍯 πŸ₯›πŸ—πŸ§€ πŸ₯š 🍳 🍏 🍎 🍐 🍊 πŸ‹ 🍌

Mine: strawberries, blueberries, apricots, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, apples, and this season I hope to explore something new. One of our local markets provides some great recipes.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over but under maintenance
    Day: Work continues to be frustrating and stressful, and I think its just going to be one of those weeks where there are a lot of social events during the week and weekend and I just need to practice moderation at all of them instead of saving up calories for one big social outing on the weekend. Went to martini night at a local bar with some friends who we haven't seen in a bit due to conflicting weekend schedules, so had to meet up on a weekday which I normally don't like to do. Week days are usually for staying on track and "adulting," but thats ok. Its worth it to see friends I won't be able to see on weekends for awhile because of summer trips, etc. I also got a text from another friend, who I knew was moving out of state this month but didn't know exact details, that she is having a goodbye happy hour on Thursday. My BF is starting a new job on Monday so he is having a goodbye office happy hour on Friday. And my friend was just dumped by her bf of 6 months via text so we are having a girls brunch on Saturday. Its funny cause I was saying on Monday how I was looking forward to a quiet week and weekend....life had other plans.
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309 ~ Yep that's all you can do is strive for moderation and maintenance. You can do it!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily mini report
    Run: no workout today, been too busy with end-of-year stuff.
    Track: didn't track today, mostly ate on the go. But remained mindfull and probably under calories. At my daughter's graduation party, I had nothing but water from the buffet!
    Mind: good. I think I'm less hungry then I used to be.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Wednesday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: walked a little over a mile again.

I woke up a bit late, so by the time I got moving I decided I would wait for lunch to eat. I took the kids out to eat before getting our groceries. I tried to keep it lighter by having a cup of soup and half a Cuban sandwich and even had a bit of the kids appetizer. I went for a walk with my youngest in her stroller to get her to take a nap. Tonight I made a vindaloo curry. It caused me to finish getting my daily water.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday July 17:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no but ditto on running around at work!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: 1hr bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Great day on hump day 😊 Stayed under calorie allowance and had a awesome workout at bootcamp. Now gonna get everything ready for tomorrow then off to bed to relax and enjoy some television.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: leg day!
    Goal/Day: Started my day out at the gym, watched my friend's kiddos all day and taught summer school. I'm whooped. I've been sticking to the plan this week.

@johicks love pretty much everything from the farmers market with the exception of watermelon! Yummmmy on the fresh fruits and veggies.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 07/17)
    Track: 🀩
    Calories: 🀩
    Exercise 20+mins: 35 mins + walking around stores πŸ‘£ πŸ˜…
    8+ Water: πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§ + πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§=8+πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§=11
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: πŸ’―
    • Plan / pre-log food: πŸ’―
    • NO post-dinner snack: One, planned after shopping w/mom.
    • πŸ›‘ KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: 🀩
    So wasn’t β€œfeeling” it today for exercise.. Turned my knee, so I did a β€œSit to be Fit” routine. It was a great core workout! Feeling a little β€œblah.” It’s probably cycle related. So going to stick with plan and do my best w/ a chocolate treat here and there. And learning from last time, a some salt too. It was Wed. night w/mom. We had dinner out and shopping. She wanted Jimmy John’s- so an unwich for me (salt.) Yum! Fun night w/mom as always. I can’t believe how Aldi’s prices are so cheap. Too bad it’s 50 miles away in three different directions!! Anyway, another late night, but ...W2 D4 (11) of DO-IT attitude. DONE.
  • johicks
    Options
    59rgzqm1ya7j.jpg

YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

• johicks
    Options
    πŸ™‹πŸ½ πŸŒ… 😎 Good morning all! It’s going to be another H.O.T. one out there today. Stay hydrated!! My hopes are to catch up fast and get in a little longer than usual workout today; legs on my bike/ glider and an upper body with resistance. :) So here I go…

@Perla4686~ Wonderful Wednesday!! It’s encouraging to read your posts and see your progress. Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou: Keep doing it! :)

@JamieD328~ Walking Wednesday!! :flowerforyou: Awesome!! I like curry on my chicken and green beans, too. Yum! Keep up the good job! :)

@skullsandskeletons~ Wonderful while working Wednesday!! :flowerforyou: Keep doing it! :)

@ajaia2001~ Workout Wednesday!! :flowerforyou: Awesome. :) Keep it going.

@jupdyke~ Whooped on Wednesday!! Wonderful day!! :flowerforyou: Keep sticking to the plan. :) I’m not a big watermelon fan either. I might eat a bite every other summer.

YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    Options
    @Gustaaf85 - Awesome weight loss!! Keep working hard. Be sure to drink water during those bbq's. Stay determined.

• johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: Β»
    @Gustaaf85 - Awesome weight loss!! Keep working hard. Be sure to drink water during those bbq's. Stay determined.

Thanks, and yeah planning on drinking enough water, it's a good thing i don't drink alcohol anymore

Yes, me too! I decided looooong ago, I rather eat my calories than to drink them. On occasion I might have something, but not just a weekend gathering. :) Enjoy your friends, family. Focus on them.
  • johicks
    Options
    Well, I had some determination, but not a ton. So I started on the bike and while biking, planned and pre-logged today's food -fuel!! Then, I felt the blood flowing and the determination kick-in. My morning habit is in full swing today, 60 minutes later. DONE! I think the best part is I can feel that my endurance is lasting longer when doing cardio. But I still have spots that pain me, so I need to stretch & warm those up better for my long workouts.
    5j9ekz3m953c.png
    Phew..wheeee! I did it!! BTW... I'm 51 and almost 100# overweight!! IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOO!!
    So get up and get moving! Do something. Anything. :)
    YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

20m Bike
    1m Glider
    6m w/up (YouTube- We Love Dance- Perfect + Amy's warm-up "v" )
    8m Cardio/Dance (YouTube- We Love Dance- 80's mix)
    18m upper body w/5# (YouTube- BodyFit by Amy- 20min Upper Body Blast & toning)
    7m stretch (You Tube- Kelli's Stretches + my own)
    nqzonzj66hya.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Over by 107
    Day: Didn't do a good job planning ahead so had to eat frozen pizza for dinner, luckily I had a decent amount of calories left for dinner and I weighed out my portion instead of just guessing. Only went over by a little bit. Its extremely hot in DC this week, so its making me feel lethargic and grumpy. Hoping it cools down next week.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Username: Jamied328
    Week 3, Thursday weigh in
    PW: 163
    CW:161.2
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Username: Jamied328
    Week 3, Thursday weigh in