Replies

• bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: bootssowhite
    Week: Sunday, May 14 (Week 3)
    PW: 266 lb
    CW: 267.4 lb
    One thing I did well: Well, not much. I guess continuing to weigh in and report the gain.
    One thing to improve: Way too much snacking last week. Like, the sort where I stopped at the store on the way home to get junk food. I need to reign that in next week.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday July 14:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Another hectic day working, doing laundry and cooking a big batch of turkey taco meat for the week. We are crazy for taco salads!
    @johicks I like your idea of having 4 bottles prepped! Thanks for the tip!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday July 14:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Sorry I've been quiet the past couple of days. It has been a busy few days. Lots of fun with family time, cookout, concert, etc. Needless to say, I did not do so good food wise this week. The thought of hopping on The scales in the morning frightens me. I'll keep it honest though. Start teaching the Summer Reading program tomorrow, as well as babysitting for my friend. Gonna be a busy, tiring week.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Congratulations everyone on all of your successes this week. Eventhough the scale doesn't always budge, or go in the direction we wish, it's great to see everyone has a positive to report. Great work, team.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: No
    Goal/Day: Today was 1yr since the passing of my mom. I knew today would be rough but it was really a lot harder than I could imagine. I went over my calorie allowance by a lot. Went to mom's favorite restaurant Red Lobster and ordered her meal and dessert which were a ton of calories. Didn't have it in me to do my exercises, just did some house cleaning and laundry.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Monday!

At work. Got up early and got on treadmill for 30 minutes. I was able to jog at a faster pace today.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    What can you do? What will you do?

5m9kaz8db9ry.gif

• johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 07/14)
    Track: 🤩
    Calories: at maintenance :neutral:
    Exercise 20+mins: 20 mins 😅
    8+ Water: 💧 x9
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: 🤩
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: 🤩
    Whoa!! A 7# loss. How did I do that!? 🤷🏽‍♀️ Now to stay focused for the rest of the week and month, to stay focused with a good attitude no matter what LIFE or TOM has to throw at me. My new lifestyle is in progress. → W2 D1 (8) of DO-IT attitude. DONE.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes, Did good all day until night. Then I binged. I ate two coffee cakes.
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: 30min treadmill before work.
    Goal/Day: Pretty good day! I worked Sunday to get some peace and quiet. Mood is fair. I'm still stressing about my job. I'm trying to keep positive. I did good with my calories until bedtime. Then I ate two coffee cakes right after eating a low calorie dinner. I'm going to try some of @johicks strategies for binging next time.

• Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Week 3 15th july

LW 179.8
    CW 178.4

Goal: to get more off each week.
    Mood: Still up for it.

Have a good day everyone 😀
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    terry111330
    Weigh in days Monday - July Week 3
    PW 159.2
    CW 156.4

Goal: To continue to watch what I eat, as well as how much. Plan to include more exercise this week. :)
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    Username: klilev
    Weight in day: Monday
    SW: 196.6
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 183.6
    Need to work on: Getting all my water-- I'm improving but still not getting enough. Also moderation during celebrations.
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    1 Do you weigh daily or not? Why? Or why not? Yes. A little OCD myself.

2. How many hours of sleep do you get? Can you tell a difference with weight loss? How? Sleep can be a struggle sometimes, but I find when I stick to my diet and exercise plan, I do sleep better.

3. What are some other strategies for eating out? I often preview the menu online and find something that looks both delicious and healthy. I often ask for double veggies in place of potatoes or fries. Always have water with my dinner and rarely order desert when out.

4. What are some wonderful “dessert” alternatives, besides fruit? Do you use a cool whipped topping? How? I am not a real sweet lover, but sometimes I mix frozen fruit with Greek, non-sweetened yogurt for an ice cream like desert.

5. How and what do you use to help you get in your 64oz of water? I struggle with this one.

7. What strategies do you use to keep yourself consistent: exercise, eating, etc.? Being part of this challenge is really helping with this.

7. What “aha” moments have you had recently? Being really mindful of what I eat and do is really helping me to slow down, make good choices and enjoy life.
  • johicks
    Options
    @Kate_X4~ Drats! But you are back in control. Not feeding emotions in my opinion is the hardest thing to do. Be sure to get some good strategies in place. You can do it. Be sure to journal through the emotions versus eating them. 👊🏽 It’s important to FEEL them, not feed them. HUGS. Hope mom is doing better.
    @Fivepts ~ Congrats on the loss. 👏🏽 It’s better to lose slowly than gain and regain. It’s more likely the weight will stay off. :) Again for some reason we don’t match on your previous weight. I put in your current weight and since it’s a loss by your records and by the spreadsheet, I’m not going to fret over it. (PW: 143.1 / CW: 142.5 = .6 loss)
    @masash9~ Good loss!! 👏🏽 QT is important, especially if they are hikes. Fun! Grab back control and keep hiking! You got this!
    @LuluLovinLife~ Nice loss!! 👏🏽
    @Perla4686~ Thank you for sharing. I get it! It seems like we’re strong for so long and say no; then can’t fight it any longer! I know. I have to be sure to pack fruit or a small chocolate treat every day; as I see people eating sweets all day. It’s so hard. But when I can so, nope, I had my taste. It was good. I’m satisfied; then it’s easier. If we can tell ourselves YES to something I think our brains function better. When they hear no! Then it acts like a little kid and wants to defy us. Today is a new day. 👍🏽 Start fresh today!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And you’re welcome. Sometimes just one little thing helps another get over a hurdle that they didn’t think they could. That’s why I feel it’s important to share. We’re in this together! 👊🏽
    @JamieD328~ Silver lining…. A mile walk with mom! 👍🏽 You will get through those Sundays. Sometimes just a taste might do the trick; and load up on the veggies! :)
    @bootssowhite ~ Drats! I am glad that you reported your weigh-in. Being accountable for our actions is better than denying them. In the long run, it’s the process of making progress that is important. I am making a habit of when I go to the store, even when I want junk food to grab gum or tic tacs. Sometimes instead I buy a lottery ticket. If you can’t stop yourself from stopping; maybe once you get inside you will hear my voice yelling at you instead of your little voice. Get gum!! It’s cheaper, better for you, and costs less per serving. Even if you chew 6 pieces at a time! LOL 👍🏽
    @skullsandskeletons~ Oh yummy meal prepping… awesome! 👍🏽 I think hubby is going to cook me up a turkey breast in the slow cooker. I’ll be eating a lot of yummy salads this week. And you’re welcome. I hope that the trick helps you get in more water. My hubby laughs at me as I always have 2 drinks in front of me if I’m drinking something else besides water, usually coffee, too.
    @jupdyke~ Glad you had a fun few days. And also glad you’re back with us, sharing. :) Thanks for the extra @RTM encouragement post. :)
    @ajaia2001~ 🤗 It’s not easy. All you can do is take it one day at a time. Thanks for sharing. 🤗
    @Toyota100~ WoooooHoooooo! 2 days in a row of posting AND on the treadmill. Awesome! Yeah, you!! 👏🏽 A good Sunday, overall, yes it was! Don’t let that ONE binge derail you. Get up everyday and start fresh. Let me know if you need anymore strategies or further encouragement. I’ve been able to stay binge-free for over a week now. It does take a lot of self-talk and positive attitude. But having habits and go to’s instead of reaching for food helps. It’s working. You can do it!
    @Rozbee1~ Awesome loss! 👏🏽 Let me ask you a pondering question to make you think more than for you to answer. HOW? You said your goal is to get more off each week? How? What is the plan? Are you going to eat more fruits and veggies? Are you going to exercise 5 minutes more, 3x per week? Drink 16oz more water every day? Just a little pondering to help have a focus, rather than just on the scale moving. :) You can do it!!
    @Terry111330 ~ Awesome loss! 👏🏽 WoooooHoooooo! Good plan for the week! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. oooooohhhh! Great idea on having double veggies instead of the potato or fries! I like that idea rather than bringing the 1/2 of their oversized portion home. Yes... water for me, too... with lemon! YUMMO! That lemon juice in cold water, so good! I'm glad this challenge is helping. Please continue to share as you learn and grow through this process, you will be encouraging others to do the same. Thank you!! Did you see what I wrote to @skullsandskeletons about packing my water bottles for work? That's how I assure I get all my water in. :)
    @klilev ~ 👏🏽 Great loss!! Good plans for the week, moderation when out and about... Good! And more water, also good! You can do it! :)

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Weekend Post

Tracked to the best of my ability Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and while I didn't do the best with sticking to plan, I didn't do the worst. Indulged more than I wanted to but also didn't just spend the whole weekend eating everything and anything. I didn't weigh myself this morning as I want to give myself a few days to be back on plan and lose any water weight etc. before I get back on the scale. I've really pulled back on weighing myself often, it had started to mess with my head and I don't feel quite ready to weigh in every day again. I'm going to see how I feel after this week and I may get back to daily weigh-ins, we will see. Happy Monday everyone!
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Week 3
    Username: jupdyke
    Weight in day: Monday

PW: 157.8
    CW: 160.8

Ugh...up 3 and earned every pound. Vacation derailed me. I am back on track this week. For sure! I had a few too many beverages this weekend, that didn't help. Gotta get my head back in the game. Started with a good workout this morning and tracking all day.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily mini report
    Run: C25K W6R2 completed! Bl**dy hard and had to really push myself, was close to giving up a few times but glad I pushed through. Hit 4.5 K today!
    Track: yes, under. Weird thing happened today, never happened before: I've got about 200 calories left but don't feel hungry and don't feel like a snack as I normally would (more a mental thing then hunger I'm sure) I hope this becomes a regular thing!
    Mind: good. My binge yesterday only lasted the day, as opposed to a few days (or weeks...)
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    I am sorry I missed my weigh in. I didn’t until we were there that this resort had no internet😖
    Plus I have had the bad feverish flu for the last 2 days. I am back at home now
    Starting to feel better.
    Track calories . No
    Exersize no
    Over calories no
    Pw 155
    Cw 155
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 07/15)
    Track: 🤩
    Calories: 🤩
    Exercise 20+mins: 40 mins 😅
    8+ Water: 💧 x10
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: 🤩
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: 🤩
    → W2 D2 (9) of DO-IT attitude. DONE.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Had a good Monday. Stayed within my calories and bootcamp today was a really high burning session. Last week one of the trainers told me to take some Amino acids before working out. So I went to Walmart and bought a container and WOW one powdered scoop in 8 oz of cold water had me flying through the workouts and I probably could've done another class 🏃‍♀️💪😎
This discussion has been closed.