Replies

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday July 19:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I was having the munchies this afternoon and drank some water which helped! I ended up having a 100 calorie bag of popcorn which kept me satisfied. Yay small victories!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Username: lovethyneighbor
    Friday
    Week: 07/19/19 wk 3
    PW: 212.8
    CW: 212.8

I'm pretty sure I missed week 2.

I'm so glad you posted. Stayed the same for 2 weeks... not too shabby. Did you need to change weigh-in day of the week? I think it was you that said you had two groups and you forget to post on one or the other. This group is flexible, we can change your weigh-in day. Consider it for August.

One week left in July make it a good one!! :)
  • johicks
    Options
    Good Morning! πŸ‘‹ It looks we received some rain, as they promised a storm and then cooler temps. We shall see. I have enough exercise routines to do either indoors/outdoors. But try to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.

@Perla4686~ Thanks! I will do just that, keep my chin up, head held high, and stay committed to my journey and this team!

@skullsandskeletons ~ Fantastic Friday! Yes.. hip hip hooray for small victories! :)

I’m excited about our journey, together. I look forward to conquering the weight loss challenge and moving to maintenance. But along the way during the weight loss leg of this journey, I’m learning about my issues and weaknesses then preparing strategies to find more strengths. As more strengths are found, more habits are created, and the stronger my determination becomes. Motivation is gone… as it’s now becoming (slowly) a way of life. Remember motivation is that initial feeling to get you started. You need to figure out they real WHY that is going to keep you on track every day. :)

ju37ckfdrd4q.png
  • johicks
    Options
    @RTM - ALL:
    Reminder July's challenge ends Saturday, July 27th with 4 weeks. So we need all weigh-ins to be finalized for the month's tally.

Don't give up or give in. We're here to help support and encourage. Will the following please post your weigh-in for week 3:

@bhlavac5560 (Sun)
    @GoalDigger11 (Thu)
    @jwall309 (Fri)
    @_Mina_A (Sun)
    @watchme1989 (Sun)
    @MADDIESMOMMY6611 (Sat)
    @wander216 (Sat)

• MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    Week: 3
    PW: 198.6
    CW: 195.8

Sorry I missed last week! I was down the shore.
  • johicks
    Options

Did you paddle down the shore and back!? LOL Woooohooooo! Nice loss!!
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: Β»

Did you paddle down the shore and back!? LOL Woooohooooo! Nice loss!!

Haha should have! No but last Saturday I got in about 25,000 steps walking from the hotel we stayed at to the boardwalk (1 mile), then about a mile + on the boardwalk, and then another mile back to the hotel! Plus a 2 mile walk/run that morning before we left for the shore. Idk if I’ve ever done that many steps before!
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Saturday
    Week 3
    Pew 155
    Cw156
    Really need to get my head back into the game.
    Keeping track on here makes me take a 2nd look at myself.
    I need to make a little more effort.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Ugh, rewarded myself with biscuits after my Friday weigh-in (why oh why?) and continued binging on more junk all day Friday and Saturday. Why do I keep doing this? Who was I kidding thinking my habits have changed?
  • johicks
    Options
    @wander216 ~ exactly!! That's why you joined this challenge. To challenge yourself, work in tracking, and being accountable. You said it.. It takes effort. We don't need perfection, we're not perfect. Just effort.

@Perla4686 ~ you are changing your habits, slowly. You are here telling us, which means you will get back on track. You need a strategy for eating biscuits. Put it in your MFP first, and plan your day out. Know what your meals are first before grabbing, eating, then logging. You'll figure what works best for you. We didn't change over night, so don't expect change over night.

You CAN DO.IT!!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday 07/20)
    Track: 🀩
    Calories: 🀩
    Exercise 20+mins: 60 mins πŸ‘£ πŸ˜…
    8+ Water: πŸ’§x 16
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: πŸ’―
    • Plan / pre-log food: πŸ’―
    • NO post-dinner snack: None. 🀩
    • πŸ›‘ KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: 🀩
    Was pleased to see that the more fruit, more fiber plan worked!! It sure does give me that satiated feeling. And am surprised at how well this week has gone for TOM/mid-TOM. :) Yeah!! (No binges, less mood swings) The last few weeks I have had a different eating plan for the weekends, than the weekdays. During the week I eat often, every 3 hours small balanced meals or snacks. Then on the weekends, I have been waiting until 4 hours and have 3 larger meals and one snack at what would normally be dinner time. That way I’m not eating popcorn after β€œdinner hour” and setting off β€œbinge” triggers. That seems to be working quite well so far. So going to remember this and do my best to stick with it. I allow extra calories on Sundays (after weigh-in, of course. LOL)
    Trying to find the right plan that I will be able to stick with for life. As this is my new healthy LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET!!
    W2 D7 (14) of DO-IT attitude. DONE.
    SAT
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Saturday July 20:
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no but worked my tush off again

Tomorrow is weigh in day. Hoping for a decent loss! I am really proud that I have been staying on track with all of the crazy work stress. I feel in control and it feels good.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday July 20:
    Calories: a bit over, but not too bad.
    Exercise: no, rest day

It was a scorcher today. We had a great time floating around in the pool. Had a few logged drinks tonight, but I'm proud I didn't snack my head off like I usually do.
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday
    Tracked yes
    Calories on goal
    Exersize, not really just a short walk with dogs to the river
  • johicks
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons~ Wooohoooooo! Another disciplined day. Good for you. πŸ‘πŸ½
    @Jupdyke~ Yes it sure was hot here, too. And then the rains came. A little more tolerable now. Good job on reigning in the snacks and logging the drinks! πŸ‘πŸ½ Sounds like a good day in the pool.
    @wander216~ Super Saturday! :) A short walk moves the muscles and gets the blood flowing; better than sitting. And aaaaaahhhh I bet the river was enjoyable. :)
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    68enqst20p6b.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, July Week 4 (7/21)
    PW: 243.0
    CW: 241.2
    One thing I did well: Truly embracing that this is a lifestyle change and thinking about the overall prize- a healthier me. I’ve had good self-talks at night to not binge and on weekends adapted a different eating plan than weekdays to accommodate events, etc.
    One thing to improve: Still working on more resistance workouts. I get in at least one good full-body day and one arm day. But need to be more consistent and push just a little more.

HW: 274.0 Sep. 2016
    2019- Jan. 1 = 260.0lbs
    SW: 265.4 (03/24)
    PW: 260.8 (04/28) April challenge
    PW: 250.4 (05/26) May Challenge
    PW: 243.8 (06/23) June Challenge
    PW: 241.2 (07/21) July Challenge
    UGW: 150
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    PW: 227
    CW: 226
    One thing I did well: I stayed under my calories!
    One thing to improve: I am still not getting enough water and need to try harder.

Well, I was kind of hoping for 2 pound loss this week due to my calculations, but I will not complain about losing 1 pound! A loss is a victory. My overall loss this month was 5 pounds. Not too shabby! I am looking forward to taking another 5 (or more) off next month!
  • johicks
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    PW: 227
    CW: 226
    One thing I did well: I stayed under my calories!
    One thing to improve: I am still not getting enough water and need to try harder.

Well, I was kind of hoping for 2 pound loss this week due to my calculations, but I will not complain about losing 1 pound! A loss is a victory. My overall loss this month was 5 pounds. Not too shabby! I am looking forward to taking another 5 (or more) off next month!

Great job!! Like you said, especially under all the stress. :smiley: Wooohooooo!!
  • johicks
    Options
    suh9g3s9kpve.jpg
    🌞 🌞 JULY WEEK 3 🌞 🌞
    🌞 JULY 14TH - JULY 20TH 🌞
    29 MEMBERS
    24 (82.5%) of us weighed in
    15 (62.5%) had a loss or stayed the same for a loss of 34.2lbs!!
    🌞 🌞AWESOME JOB TEAM 🌞 🌞
    Our losses =34.2 lbs, our gains =14.9 lbs, and our overall net loss = 19.3 lbs.

wesag93jwjbk.png
    RUN TRACK MINDS- Together! HUGE congrats to our teammates who posted at least 5x for the daily RTM Mini-challenge!!

5pqwlglso9ee.jpg
    Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:
    u49wa07jtawx.gif
This discussion has been closed.