WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited June 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME WORKOUT WARRIORS!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the JULY Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the JUNE Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Becky - @Beka3695
Liselyn - @jugar

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @shockvalue07 and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc, @shockvalue07
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for JUNE. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's Week One Challenge

yi42hvghnixn.png

I don't have time. I sit all day at the office. Excuses. That is all they are. If you want something bad enough you will figure out how to make it happen. I have learned that as long as I am moving, I am burning calories. It doesn't have to be a full 30 minutes. Even if you do just 5 minutes at a time it is better than 0 minutes. 5 minutes at a time thru out the day can add up to a really good workout. And likely the hardest part is just getting started. So come on.... Get up off that chair. Trust me, no one will care and you will definately not regret it.

I have includes some posters of office friendly exercises. Anyone can do them. So come on... Lets do one poster a day. Then, go to your team thread and tell them how you did. There is something for everyone. No excuses. Everyone has 5 minutes. Lets start making being active a habit, even if we have an sedentary job. And captains, hold your team accountable. Ask them everyday, what they are doing to be more active. Lets change our lifestyle one day, one pose at a time.

h6x8qzwprhkp.jpg
    hhhb3qr9kiic.jpg
    ekizgmxpek75.jpg
    zifjox2a3pj4.jpg
    syzqztxll0on.jpg
    rp2ismstpz88.jpg
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE WEEK 4 STATS ARE IN THE BOOKS
    HERE WE GO
    wo0asv7m3vhw.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 31.3LBS OR 0.12%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.39%
    INDIVIDUAL % COLEEN312 3.21%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 18.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST LOVEBYDRAUG89 5.6

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Workout Warriors 0.39%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.31%
    3rd WaistAways 0.21%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 18.3
    2nd Shrinking Assets 13.2
    3rd WaistAways 8.6

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st COLEEN312 3.21%
    2nd KX7003 2.53%
    3rd LOVEBYDRAUG89 2.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st LOVEBYDRAUG89 5.6
    2nd COLEEN312 4.7
    2ND CLAIRETOMKINSON 4.7
    3rd. KX7003 3.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Abowersgirl
    CLAIRETOMKINSON
    getfitgal123
    luciicul
    SARAMAKINGCHANGES
    KA97
    BUNIPHUPHU
    BARBONICA
    matthewsfive
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE MONTH OF JUNE STATS ARE IN THE BOOKS
    HERE WE GO

oucad8cvckp2.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 215.3 OR 0.61% .....!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.51%
    INDIVIDUAL % buniphuphu 7.94%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 66.5
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 26.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.51%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 1.31%
    3rd WaistAways 1.05%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 66.5
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 52.4
    3rd WaistAways 43.6

1st buniphuphu 7.94%
    2nd coleen312 5.44%
    3rd kx7003 4.93%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st buniphuphu 26.0
    2nd MsKatz1966 10.6
    3rd. jlrush2312 10.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    MsKatz1966
    Moarrein luciicul
    jlrush2312
    CLAIRETOMKINSON
    matthewsfive
    katmary71
    kmfeig87
    Loriab901
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options

@runarml...... POSTED THIS ON THE JUNE THREAD......I MOVED IT HERE FOR JULY
    My banana recipes are mostly from skinnytaste.com

https://www.skinnytaste.com/blueberry-banana-bread/
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-strawberry-banana-bread/
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/4-ingredient-flourless-banana-nut-pancakes/
    (I didn't put the pecans in them so they were only 3 ingredients)

I was going to make banana split bars but my husband and I ate up most of the blueberry bread so I might just make more of that! And another batch of the muffins below - they are really good for satisfying my chocolate craving.

These a friend posted on Facebook -

Flourless, No-sugar-added Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins!
    Ingredients:
    *1 medium ripe banana, peeled
    *1 large egg
    *1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    *1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (yes Tablespoon…you can use less if you want)
    *1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    *pinch salt, to taste
    *1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    Directions:
    Blend together in blender and pour into non-stick mini muffin pan. (I also sprayed them with olive oil spray)
    Bake at 400* for 6 min.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    FOR OUR TEAM OF WORKOUT WARRIORS
    ecomvya0xa75.png

THE WEEK 4 STATS
    HERE WE GO

xlzbhixlvmly.png

Workout Warriors
    1st Abowersgirl 2.10%
    2ND CLAIRETOMKINSON 1.84%
    3rd getfitgal123 1.69%

FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE
    HERE WE GO

79qcu0crbl3g.png

Workout Warriors
    1st CLAIRETOMKINSON 4.30%
    2ND MRSHORNTONK 3.10%
    3rd MEGNOLIA82 2.90%

TEAM YOU HAVE MY UNDYING GRATITUDE FOR ALL OF THE HARD WORK YOU PUT FORTH FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE .... IT HAS NOT GONE UNNOTICED BY EITHER KIM OR MYSELF....

I HAVE A TEAM CHALLENGE FOR THE TEAM THIS MONTH
    LET'S SEE IF WE CAN'T AS A TEAM GET BACK INTO THE WINNERS BRACKET THIS MONTH...
    THAT SIMPLY MEANS WE PUSH AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE MONTH...

LATER ON THIS MORNING I WILL POST THE MODERATORS TEAM CHALLENGE TO THE GROUP...
    AS MANY OF US THAT CAN OR WANT TO BE A PART OF THAT CHALLENGE ..
    LET'S KICK THE 5 OTHER TEAMS BUTT'S TO THE CURB.

THIS WEEK TEAM CHALLENGE FOR THE WORKOUT WARRIORS WILL BE
    INTRODUCING YOURSELF TO THE TEAM...
    A SHORT BIO ON YOU.....
    WHY YOUR HERE
    WHAT YOUR GOALS ARE FOR THE MONTH...
    AND YOUR GOAL FOR WEIGHT LOSS THIS MONTH
    AND YOUR NSV (NON SCALE VICTORY) FOR THE MONTH
    DON'T BE SHY... COME ON TEAM LET'S ROC THIS MONTH

• Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    SHOW ME THE GREEN CHALLENGE
    THIS MONTH THE MODERATORS ARE ASKING
    EACH AND EVERY CHALLENGER THAT WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PART IN
    HERE IS HOW HOW IT WORKS
    POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD THE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE FOR THE MONTH OF JULY.
    EXAMPLE.... NAVYDADDJTC.... WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE 10 LBS FOR THE MONTH OF JULY 5 WEEKS 2 LBS A WEEK
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0Wl2qconcMmfbCT3JhdssfcDDo58Rys0Lc5m-xleDs/edit?ts=5d13d924#gid=1823187897
    THIS IS THE WORKOUT WARRIORS SPREADSHEET SCROLL DOW TO MY NAME SCROLL ACROSS AND SEE THE LBS. ENTERED...EASY PEASY

YOUR CAPTAINS WILL THEN POST THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT IN THE CHALLENGE COLUMN ON THE TEAMS SPREAD SHEET.
    AS THE TALLIES ARE POSTED AT THE END OF THE OF EACH WEEK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE HOW YOUR DOING FOR THE MONTH
    AT THAT POINT YOU CAN ADJUST WHAT EVER YOU NEED TO SO YOU CAN REACH THAT GOAL.
    KEEP YOUR GOAL ATTAINABLE... NOTHING LIE BEING DISCOURAGE WHEN YOU DID NOT MAKE YOUR GOAL IF IT'S NOT ATTAINABLE

AS ALWAYS THIS IS A VOLUNTARY CHALLENGE IT'S NOT MANDATORY TO JOIN IN.. HOWEVER IT DOES MAKE FOR A LITTLE INTER-TEAM COMPETITION IF A GOOD NUMBER OF THE TEAM IS IN THE CHALLENGE...
    THANKS FOR JOINING IN YOUR MODS
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    iz1xtcucrkkf.png
    z9995ay9u89b.png

WELCOME TO THE (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION) THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED IN THE
    qmy4wjzbwnxc.png
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP

ALL THOUGH THERE HAS BEEN A TON OF ANNOUNCEMENTS ALREADY THIS IS WHERE AND WHEN WE CAN RE-CONNECT AND SHARE A LITTLE SOMETHIN SOMETHING ABOUT OURSELVES AND INTRODUCE OURSELVES TO OUR NEW TEAM MATES.

I AM GREG AKA @Navydaddjtc I AM ONE OF THE CO-CAPTAINS OF THIS TEAM AND A GROUP MODERATOR.
    I AM MARRIED FOR THE LAST 30+ YEARS AND WE HAVE 2 BOYS.. DERRICK AKA "DJ" AND THOMAS AKA "TC" BOTH ARE SERVING IN THE US NAVY... MY WIFE MARCIE IS A 4TH GRADE SCHOOL TEACHER AND HAS BEEN DOING THAT FOR THE PAST 30+ YEARS.

I AM A RETIRED SPEC OPS WAR DOG HANDLER SERVING IN THE US NAVY AND WAS RETIRED FROM THERE AFTER INCURRING COMBAT INJURIES IN VIETNAM... MY DOG SHADOW X-117 WAS KIA IN VIETNAM WHEN WE BOTH STEPPED ON A BOBBY TRAP THAT COST HIM HIS LIFE AND ME MY RIGHT FOOT AND PARTIAL LEG... SO GOES COMBAT WIN SOME LOOSE SOME ..HO EVER LIFE GOES ON...

I WENT TO A CULINARY ARTS ACADEMY IN THE EARLY 80'S AFTER ALL OF MY SURGERIES REPAIRING MY FOOT AND LEG AND BECAME A CHEF... I WORKED FOR 35+ YEARS AS A CHEF AND THE LAST 20 OF THEM AS A CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR TO AT RISK TEENS WITH THE BOYS&GIRLS CLUBS OF SOUTH PUGET SOUND THE SOUTH PIERCE COUNTY BRANCH. I HAVE A TOTAL OF 10 OF THOSE KIDS NOW WORKING AT VARIOUS RESTAURANTS AROUND THE WORLD HONING THE SKILLS THAT LEARNED IN MY CLASS.
    I RETIRED PERMANENTLY FROM ALL FORMS OF LABOR TO REST AND RELAX AFTER FIGHTING DIVERTICULITIS AND RECEIVING A FULL PERMANENT ILEOSTOMY. SO IF YOU HEAR ME MENTION SHADOW I NAMED MY STOMA IN TRIBUTE TO MY PARTNER OF 5 YEARS.
    SO THERE YOU HAVE IT IN A NUTSHELL
    NOW FOR THE PIC....
    v9nfvj2651i2.jpg
    buzzic7qz5w5.jpg

foidhzhuga5c.png
    fpz4h0zbtwwz.jpg
    90t9c9dhb8un.jpg

• Navydaddjtc
    Options

I AM COMMITTING MYSELF TO LOOSE 10LBS OF PHAT THROUGH OUT THE MONTH OF JULY

WHO IS JOINING ME
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    yjghxj7o7p7h.png

NOW WHOSE JOINING ME ON THE STEP TEAM....
    IF YOU GOT A FIT BIT AND YOU HAVE ALREADY ADDED ME NOW'S THE TIME TO DO SO
    HERE IS MY PROFILE
    /www.fitbit.com/user/3MFWZ8
    COME ON JOIN ME
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    hn55skun5gnd.png
    THE SUNDAY WEIGH IN CREW IS
    @DDM358 1 - Sun
    @Gutcutter500 1 - Sun
    @Patti705 1 - Sun
    @RubyRed427 1 - Sun

LETS START THIS OFF RIGHT LOTTA GREEN
  • DDM358
    DDM358 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Username:DDM358
    Weigh in Week: Week 5
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 196.5
    Today's Weight: 196

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    DDM358 wrote: »

@DDM358 ...POSTED DORA THANKS ..WTG ON THE LOSS
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I would like to welcome the new members of the team!!

@SUADVANI
    @CAMHOLLYMUM22
    @MRSHADSALL
    @FITNESS327WK
    @CAYDENSMOMMY
    @Kanndou
    Welcome to our great team!!

• 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Hello to all the newbies and the oldies!!!

My name is Kim. I work full time as a certified nurses aide in Southwest Florida. I am co captain of this team with @Navydaddjtc (Greg). I started getting serious about losing weight in 2016. I was about 220 lbs when I started, and now I'm about 190, depending on which week you look at. I've kept it off for the most part. I really want to get down to at least 150 lbs if not more, but I'll have to see when I get to 150lbs. I've tried different things to lose weight and the only thing I've found that works for me long term is CICO. This month I want to focus on making healthy habits and sticking with them. I want to eat myself healthy and hopefully the weight will come off in the process!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    yjghxj7o7p7h.png

NOW WHOSE JOINING ME ON THE STEP TEAM....
    IF YOU GOT A FIT BIT AND YOU HAVE ALREADY ADDED ME NOW'S THE TIME TO DO SO
    HERE IS MY PROFILE
    /www.fitbit.com/user/3MFWZ8
    COME ON JOIN ME

I'm on the step team with ya!! Already added myself. I am on vacation again this week so it is really going to be a challenge to get those 20,000 steps in. It can be done if I try!! Good luck to all that are stepping with us!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options

I AM COMMITTING MYSELF TO LOOSE 10LBS OF PHAT THROUGH OUT THE MONTH OF JULY

WHO IS JOINING ME

Oh Captain my Captain!! You know I am in on this one too!! I am in for 10 lbs with ya!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    DDM358 wrote: »

Dora!! join us in some good challenges!! We'd love to have ya!!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hello warriors!

Before the intros I am going to commit to a ten pound loss goal this month, too! Weekly green would be amazing.

As for the steps I would like to keep reporting. With my ankle injury I can’t push it like I was but I’m still averaging 15,000 so I would like to stay on the team unless you need a space for someone else.

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Intro time!

I am Meaghan, I’m 37 and currently around 194 pounds, down from and all time high of 203 a couple months ago. I have struggled with weight forever, mostly due to overeating and poor habits such as stress eating and boredom eating.

When I track calories every day and stick to my goals I know I have success so I’m going to be here, accountable to you all every day to hit those goals! My current goal is 150, as it has been, honestly, for the last 20 years. I hit 145 the summer I worked in Switzerland. I was a hiking guide for 4 months and extremely active. I know I can do it again.

As I am a teacher my last day of school was this past Friday so I have the summer ahead of me. A mixed blessing in terms of weight loss since I will have more opportunity to keep active but I also have a house full of temptations to avoid all day long.

I’m trying to take it easy on my ankle which has been swollen and painful for 3 or 4 weeks. I am going to do some weights tonight since I’m taking a break from my stationary bike. Gotta get some work in one way or another!

I also have a four and an eight year old so I will be keeping busy this summer!

I am looking forward to an amazing month with all of you! Welcome to all the new Warriors and welcome back everyone else!

• 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Hello warriors!

Before the intros I am going to commit to a ten pound loss goal this month, too! Weekly green would be amazing.

As for the steps I would like to keep reporting. With my ankle injury I can’t push it like I was but I’m still averaging 15,000 so I would like to stay on the team unless you need a space for someone else.

I added you to the step challenge. I set your step goal as 15,000, is that good for you?
    I added your goal for the month too, 10 lb goal with me and Greg. Good luck!! 🍀😉
This discussion has been closed.