Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Calories: under
    Water: under
    Coffee: way under

Today was a very active day at work. Which caused the liquids problem.
    Something about myself most people do not know is I like hot weather. I literally cannot tell when it's hot or when I'm hot. I sweat easily so that does not help either. Except I think it is why I can tolerate the heat. I feel heat from the sun but I feel that during the winter as well.
    I found myself tired and a little low on energy. I started to talk to myself, wondering if this is what "getting hot" is?
    Welp, I still don't know. Lol
    I did try and drink as much water as I could. I did realize i had to replenish what i was losing.
    With that said, everybody, please, stay hydrated.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Welcome @amuschette @leonadixon & @nlalamin04 ! It is so nice to see some new faces! I hope you enjoy it here. Everyone is so supportive and full of good information. I've only been here a short while, but I'm so glad I joined!

We are so glad you joined!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Thursday check in
    Carbs: under
    Water: over
    Exercise; 90 mins cardio made up of treadmill and cycle intervals
    Tomorrow: more cardio as I'm nursing a slight back injury so the weights are are off-limits for a little while

But you’ll still do cardio like a crazy woman! You rock @tess5036!
  • Kres567
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Thursday check in
    Water: under
    Coffee: way under

Today was a very active day at work. Which caused the liquids problem.
    Something about myself most people do not know is I like hot weather. I literally cannot tell when it's hot or when I'm hot. I sweat easily so that does not help either. Except I think it is why I can tolerate the heat. I feel heat from the sun but I feel that during the winter as well.
    I found myself tired and a little low on energy. I started to talk to myself, wondering if this is what "getting hot" is?
    Welp, I still don't know. Lol
    I did try and drink as much water as I could. I did realize i had to replenish what i was losing.
    With that said, everybody, please, stay hydrated.

Great advice!
  • Kres567
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES

iakzas1ed70p.png

FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE I HAVE JUST ADDED TO YOUR CHEER SQUAD THE FOLLOWING NEW MEMBERS
    @amuschette .... @leonadixon AND @nlalamin04
    PLEASE WELCOME THEM TO YOUR TEAM AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO START PARTICIPATING FOR THE REST OF THIS MONTH
    THANKS GREG

Welcome @amuschette, @leonadixon and @nlalamin04!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Semi-Random Thursday Check In

Fruits & veggies: 5.5 servings
    Water: up

Goals:
    Get better about checking in.
    Eat 6 servings of fruits/veggies per day consistently.
    Get to gym to swim.

Here's something that has bothered me for a while: If you log a weight increase with MFP, it doesn't show up in your feed. There's not even an option to turn this on. This bothers me because it makes it seem like a gain is shameful...just a dirty little secret....when we all know that weigh loss is not necessarily linear. There are going to be times when the scale stays the same or even goes up. Should I feel bad and need to hide that I was up 2.4 pounds yesterday when I stepped on my scale midweek? I shouldn't. Ups and downs are part of the process, but MFP doesn't allow you to acknowledge those ups (and maintains) that are part of the journey. It is going to take me a LONG time to get where I need to be. Support on the ups as well as downs should be part of it.

(Just for clarification...I know there is a ton of support here for when people post gains. I'm bemoaning the lack of entries on our feed.)

Yes! This! I think it would make more sense to just be clear about what's so.

I can guess that whoever set it up that way was trying to be nice. It's just -- you are right -- that it's a kind of nice that's not super helpful.

Anyway, I do love that the ups and downs are part of this group's conversation. Paying attention to both over 18+ months has had me adjust course over and over, to find the eating and exercise that work for me.

The same thing would happen when I weighed in at a weigh watchers meeting. It would be positive when I lost but radio silence when I gained. At least with the WW app there is a comment and support no matter loss or a gain.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Carbs; under
    Water; over
    Exercise: 120 minutes aqua aerobics
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - couldn't get on the group for a couple of days. Hanging in there, and now have drugs to cope with the emotions, though am feeling woozy and not as calm as I'd like.

Wednesday - calories 32 over, water on target, exercise 11813 steps
    Thursday - calories under, water over, exercise 13256 steps.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh in week:Week 3
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 276
    Todays Weight: 276
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Morning, and huge hugs, congratulations and “you’ve got this!” to all of our Slimpossibles! I have a question for @ Teresa and anyone else who is successfully doing Intermittent Fasting (IF):

I am experiencing some very late night (11 or midnight) food cravings/ snack cravings and have shamefully gotten up and headed to the peanut butter jar for a teaspoon;, or for a handful of salty nuts; or even for a piece of chewing gum. My calories are typically under so maybe that’s the problem. I can’t seem to delay dinner past 6, so maybe I need a later snack of some sort. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as the midnight raids are really making me nervous😳. Thanks!!!
    PS: I’m following a low carb diet (<25 net gms)

I am so sorry that I missed your question! Of course, Tess gave you great answers because she is awesome!! :) If you are staying up that late and need a snack then my advice would be to close your window with something that is high in fat. When I don't eat enough fat then I'm hungrier in the evening too. Do you use an intermittent fasting app? I use Life Tracking app and like it, because of the mental game, it gives me that when my app is on then my kitchen is closed! I also really love plain sparkling water and that seems to help me with cravings, but some people either hate it or it triggers their cravings. Yes, do make sure that you are getting your electrolytes. :)

• KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - calories 32 over, water on target, exercise 11813 steps
    Thursday - calories under, water over, exercise 13256 steps.

With all you’re going through, you continue to have AMAZING steps. I tend to curl up into a ball when aim stressed or upset. Every step is a step forward. Hugs!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    davors19 wrote: »
    Username: davors19
    Weigh in week:Week 3
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 276
    Todays Weight: 276

Whenever my scale doesn’t budge, I tell myself that it’s a WIN.... because in ‘the old days’ not so long ago, every step on the scale was up 2 or 3 lbs. I was totally out of control. We’re not anymore!! Congrats on staying steady!
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    @amuschette @leonadixon and @nlalamin04 - welcome to the Mission Slimpossibles Team! We are delighted you are joining us! Please join in the conversation now! This is a super friendly, supportive group! We hope being here will help you meet your health and fitness goals!
    5slezb6uti42.gif

Welcome. I am new to this group in July and I find everyone supportive and informative.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Friday Check In

Calories: barely under
    Fruits & Veggies: 6 servings
    Exercise: Still no swimming, but I did 10 calf raises and 10 push ups

After two and a half months of eating differently, my taste buds have changed. A friend and I went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner last night. It's a place we often go, so I'm well acquainted with how things taste there. Last night, everything tasted like a giant salt bomb! I asked my friend if she thought things tasted salty, and she said they tasted normal to her.

Yesterday was also a day for a new veggie: edamame. I know...I know...not very groundbreaking, but I loved it! I had filled up on edamame at lunch before my mushroom and veggie soup ever arrived.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @Kres567 You'll make up for that little blip for sure with such a great attitude! I hope this next week before your vacation flies by!

@davors19 I agree with @kmd1279 ! Maintaining a weight is worth celebrating, too! I'm really bad about backsliding and ending up in worse shape than before.

@Wishusdonna I hope the side effects of the drugs are only temporary. I am in utter awe of your step totals!
  • digger61
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Morning, and huge hugs, congratulations and “you’ve got this!” to all of our Slimpossibles! I have a question for @ Teresa and anyone else who is successfully doing Intermittent Fasting (IF):

I am experiencing some very late night (11 or midnight) food cravings/ snack cravings and have shamefully gotten up and headed to the peanut butter jar for a teaspoon;, or for a handful of salty nuts; or even for a piece of chewing gum. My calories are typically under so maybe that’s the problem. I can’t seem to delay dinner past 6, so maybe I need a later snack of some sort. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as the midnight raids are really making me nervous😳. Thanks!!!
    PS: I’m following a low carb diet (<25 net gms)

I am so sorry that I missed your question! Of course, Tess gave you great answers because she is awesome!! :) If you are staying up that late and need a snack then my advice would be to close your window with something that is high in fat. When I don't eat enough fat then I'm hungrier in the evening too. Do you use an intermittent fasting app? I use Life Tracking app and like it, because of the mental game, it gives me that when my app is on then my kitchen is closed! I also really love plain sparkling water and that seems to help me with cravings, but some people either hate it or it triggers their cravings. Yes, do make sure that you are getting your electrolytes. :)

Also I find if I do not eat enough fat the day before I am hungrier in the morning and have a harder time not eating until noon. I find a tracking app helps too
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Thursday July 18 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (60 min); martial arts practice at home (10 min)

Friday July 19 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/high (need to pay a little extra attention; it has gotten hot and I have a martial arts class tomorrow)
    Exercise: weight-lifting in the morning; outdoor walk (45+ min); martial arts practice at home (10+ min)
    Victory: husband and I did weights together this morning!
  • digger61
    Options
    Friday Check In

Calories: barely under
    Fruits & Veggies: 6 servings
    Exercise: Still no swimming, but I did 10 calf raises and 10 push ups

After two and a half months of eating differently, my taste buds have changed. A friend and I went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner last night. It's a place we often go, so I'm well acquainted with how things taste there. Last night, everything tasted like a giant salt bomb! I asked my friend if she thought things tasted salty, and she said they tasted normal to her.

Yesterday was also a day for a new veggie: edamame. I know...I know...not very groundbreaking, but I loved it! I had filled up on edamame at lunch before my mushroom and veggie soup ever arrived.

Taste buds do change. Now when i eat sweet things They are way to sweet and a can not eat it
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - Thanks for the reminder to stay hydrated! I think you are right about sweating. I had a friend who did not sweat much, and she had to be careful of getting heat stroke. I hope today goes well for you!

@Wishusdonna - I hope that the meds help you find some calm, and that the side effects settle down. It's a lot to deal with. I'll be thinking of you, and wishing you well and healthy.

You had another great day, @digger61 !

@davors19 - I will 3rd or 4th it, about the value of maintaining!

@Kres567 - So it must have been a great week overall! How exciting that your vacation is just 2 weeks away!

@buniphuphu - How cool that your palate is changing! And a big wow to managing to keep your calories under even with a trip to Texas Roadhouse!
This discussion has been closed.