apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 3 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160
    CW 160

Maintained this week. Hopefully next week I'll lose some weight.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 3 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160
    CW 160

Maintained this week. Hopefully next week I'll lose some weight.

You know, as much as I try to prepare myself, I’m never really ‘ready’ to stay the same. Probably few of us are. (I’m getting used to it though🙄). I keep trying to remind myself that this is meant to be hard.... and I’ll remember that and use it to help keep me from slipping back once I reach my goal. Which I will! We’ve got this!!!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited July 2019
    Options
    lo13buflf3yi.png

TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES PLEASE WELCOME TO YOUR TEAM
    @mrmcgrath AND @LilysMama14
    THEY WILL BOTH JOINING YOUR TEAM FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    lo13buflf3yi.png

THANKS GREG

Welcome!!!!!!! This is s great group and you’ll find so much encouragement and support!!!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    jhg0pb3ar5o9.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 71 PDS. OR 0.26%

WEEK 3 WINNERS

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.80%
    2nd Trimstones 0.35%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 27.6
    2nd Trimstones 18.9
    3rd Workout Warriors 10.6

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st Katymary71 4.21%
    2nd 19shmoo69 3.66%
    3rd DreaRN15 2.95%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st 19shmoo69 9.0
    2nd DreaRN15 8.6
    3rd. Eddy_Jones 6.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    apple852hk
    southpalms
    Eddie_Jones
    Moarrein
    CaydensMommy
    Kbrad2325
    zlauerMom
    171Lake
    Perla4686
    holmesp603
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 289
    Today's Weight: 286.2

great loss
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check In
    Calories: under
    Water: 104oz
    Exercise: cleaning and working on my truck

Goals for tomorrow: Playing with my grand kids and going to church
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Friday July 19 & Sat July 20 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: over
    Exercise:
    Friday - strength training (30 min); platform stepping (32 min); martial arts (10 min)
    Saturday - platform stepping (66 min)

Sunday Jul 21 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping (45+ min); martial arts practice at home (10+ min)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Saturday Check In
    Calories: under
    Water: 104oz
    Exercise: cleaning and working on my truck

Goals for tomorrow: Playing with my grand kids and going to church

What a great Saturday! It is so easy to go off the rails on the weekend, and you stayed right on track! Have fun with your grandkids today!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    lo13buflf3yi.png

THANKS GREG

Welcome, @mrmcgrath and @LilysMama14 ! We are delighted you have joined us on Team Slimpossibles! Jump on into the conversation now if you'd like -- no need to wait until August arrives!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    Previous weight: 219.8
    current weight 216.6

Saturday and Sunday Check-in of week 3 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories
    Water: mostly 8 today - I think this is the right spot for me - I'm not retaining which is great, avoiding large sodium dump foods. Maybe at some point I'll see if increasing is a benefit but I'm happy with this for now, if I can improve my water habit
    Exercise: 2 mile walks both days - might get in another walk later this evening

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are good for me and continued less sodium!
    Exercise: a walk at work - thinking I'll do this as early as I can and then a walk in the evening
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay on target for water, food and exercise. Remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

One thing about the Fitbit - which may be accurate and may not be but the premise is very helpful. I can eat more on days I move more or I can bank my deficit for a loss. Now, I'm not sure if this will actually work this way for me, individually, but I'm going to try it. So, my calorie goal of 1330 from MFP (and 1200, personal goal) may not be enough deficit for 1.5-2lbs a week loss....when I have days that I hardly move from my chair (aka working at the job). And since I shouldn't eat less than my personal goal, just for sanity's sake, I need to move more. Intentionally. Maybe get up and take a walk before the shower or use the gym and shower at work, or become a sweaty mess after work. Whatevs - just get the eff up and be sure that I am getting an *actual* 750-1000 cal deficit each day, or don't whine about not losing more robustly. Sure, you can say that this is a no-brainer but before this come-to-Jesus moment, I was thinking I could just eat the 1200 or so and lose at least a pound a week and then more when I exercise. I don't know if the numbers Fitbit tells me are accurate, as noted, but I do know that I have not been focused on this (very elementary) concept. I'm going to work that angle in the coming week and see if it is more productive than what I have been doing. Something tells me that if I am true to the effort and consistent, the progress won't be less productive.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! 1st place! GO TEAM!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Welcome @mrmcgrath and @LilysMama14 to the team, I look forward to getting to know you!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    This weekend was rough for me. I took the kids to a water park and packed food. I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and low carb. It was a bit of a bust this weekend though 😕. I’ve been at the changes for 4 weeks now, so back on track.

Sounds like you know what needs to be done. We all struggle at times, it is what we do long-term that'll get us where we want to go. You've got this!
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I have taken a quick break from the drugs as they were too effective and zonked me out. Not sure if wise, but it's my first time on these.

I went and dug my allotment on Saturday and it was a real struggle. I have mostly slept, and this was fine as my sleep was 3-5 hours each night, so good to be getting an 8, 9 and 6 over the last 3 days. But I have not moved as much as normal.

Friday was under calories, but Saturday and sunday both over.

Friday 19 - 12368 steps
    Sat 20 - 11333 steps
    Sun 21 6826 steps
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week three
    Saturday
    P. W. 246
    C. W. 237
    WHOOOSH

AWESOME!!! Jimminy Crickets! You’re crushing it now!
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi all, after a couple of weeks of working with MFP IT, I finally can access the community again. I already requested to be on the cheersquad this month due to my community inactivity, but I'll be ready to be back in action next month!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Can anyone offer insight to the group and how the setup is, please? I really do need some friends and the support, so anyone who will add me, please, please do!

I have lost and gained weight my whole life. I lost about 60 pounds about 6 years ago over a couple years of hard work and have since gained 50 back. My knee is no good with arthritis and had surgery on my foot for a nasty heel spur. I am having a really difficult time getting back on track. I know my knee will be better with some weight off and I want to be more active with my family. My goal is to lose the 50 pounds (more ideally) and KEEP it off! I can't seem to get to the next 5 pounds though. Just a little about me and I am excited to be here! :blush:

Welcome to the group! You’re gonna love it here. I will send you a friend request in a few minutes, and I’m sure others in the group will as well. To me, the magic of this group happens though by coming here to this forum every day to read and respond to the posts of other members. It’s also very helpful to do the little daily “Check In” posts that you’ll see. There is a general format, but feel free to make it what you need it to be. We share the good days and the bad days here. The encouragement and support you’ll find here has been incredibly important to my own weight loss journey. Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. It takes time, but it does work if you work it.
This discussion has been closed.