MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Can anyone offer insight to the group and how the setup is, please? I really do need some friends and the support, so anyone who will add me, please, please do!

I have lost and gained weight my whole life. I lost about 60 pounds about 6 years ago over a couple years of hard work and have since gained 50 back. My knee is no good with arthritis and had surgery on my foot for a nasty heel spur. I am having a really difficult time getting back on track. I know my knee will be better with some weight off and I want to be more active with my family. My goal is to lose the 50 pounds (more ideally) and KEEP it off! I can't seem to get to the next 5 pounds though. Just a little about me and I am excited to be here! :blush:
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Username: ka97
    Weigh in week:Week 3
    Weigh in day: Fri
    PW 157.2
    CW 157.8

Haven’t had a great week so wasn’t really expecting to see a loss. Still it’s frustrating that three weeks in and I’ve got little to show for it.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Thursday check in
    Carbs: under
    Water: over
    Exercise; 90 mins cardio made up of treadmill and cycle intervals
    Tomorrow: more cardio as I'm nursing a slight back injury so the weights are are off-limits for a little while

I hope your back feels better soon!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Friday Check In

Calories: barely under
    Fruits & Veggies: 6 servings
    Exercise: Still no swimming, but I did 10 calf raises and 10 push ups

After two and a half months of eating differently, my taste buds have changed. A friend and I went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner last night. It's a place we often go, so I'm well acquainted with how things taste there. Last night, everything tasted like a giant salt bomb! I asked my friend if she thought things tasted salty, and she said they tasted normal to her.

Yesterday was also a day for a new veggie: edamame. I know...I know...not very groundbreaking, but I loved it! I had filled up on edamame at lunch before my mushroom and veggie soup ever arrived.

Edamame is such an awesome bean, I probably first had it about 10 years ago and can eat a huge bowl by myself. Glad you made a new discovery!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @ka97 hang in there, sometimes it takes the scale a while to catch up.

@leonadixon just sentyou a friend request! You got this!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise bike last night, elliptical and weights today. Hiking this weekend.

I leave in a couple hours for camping. i have a big bag of food I'm taking, I hope I don't offend my hosts! I'm going to be leaving next week for two weeks and am getting nervous about being out of routine and exposed/expected to eat stuff I normally don't. I'm going to get a 2 week gym membership while there so that'll help. Worst is I go crazy for 2 weeks, don't work out, gain a bunch of weight, and need to seriously crack down when I get home. That probably won't happen, I just have to find a happy medium between keeping calories low and daily workouts with balancing events like this.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    Previous weight: 219.8
    current weight 216.6

Friday Challenge (and daily) Check-in of week 3 July
    Food: all food logged, on plan, under on calories
    Water: seems like 8 a day may be the sweet spot for me (who knows, but it's working)
    Exercise: fairly steady at 30 min a day - more when I can

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are good for me and less sodium!
    Water: no less than 8!
    Exercise: a walk and housecleaning - maybe another walk or an evening bike ride (I do much better on the weekends!)
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

It was a better week - I made better choices, I was more intentional in all directions and I was more focused on logging and being real. All of those things make a difference.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Can anyone offer insight to the group and how the setup is, please? I really do need some friends and the support, so anyone who will add me, please, please do!

I have lost and gained weight my whole life. I lost about 60 pounds about 6 years ago over a couple years of hard work and have since gained 50 back. My knee is no good with arthritis and had surgery on my foot for a nasty heel spur. I am having a really difficult time getting back on track. I know my knee will be better with some weight off and I want to be more active with my family. My goal is to lose the 50 pounds (more ideally) and KEEP it off! I can't seem to get to the next 5 pounds though. Just a little about me and I am excited to be here! :blush:

wecome to the group people here are very friendly and helpful
  • digger61
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Carbs: under
    Exercise; aqua size
  • digger61
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise bike last night, elliptical and weights today. Hiking this weekend.

I leave in a couple hours for camping. i have a big bag of food I'm taking, I hope I don't offend my hosts! I'm going to be leaving next week for two weeks and am getting nervous about being out of routine and exposed/expected to eat stuff I normally don't. I'm going to get a 2 week gym membership while there so that'll help. Worst is I go crazy for 2 weeks, don't work out, gain a bunch of weight, and need to seriously crack down when I get home. That probably won't happen, I just have to find a happy medium between keeping calories low and daily workouts with balancing events like this.

have fun camping
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 said:
    It was a better week - I made better choices, I was more intentional in all directions and I was more focused on logging and being real. All of those things make a difference.

It sure did!!! Great week!!!
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post: Fri July19th
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking and weight training
    Goals today : Clean my semi truck and yard work. It stopped raining after almost 2 weeks. Woke up and the sun was shining. Hope all have a great day!
  • digger61
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week three
    Saturday
    P. W. 246
    C. W. 237
    WHOOOSH

WOW What a great week
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 289
    Today's Weight: 286.2
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YAHOOO!!!! To our slimming Slimpossibles!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon I hear ya! Sounds like we have some similar experiences. After losing 60+ pounds and getting in great shape, I’ve now got 20lbs to lose again - started with ankle surgery and has gone downhill since turning 49 🙁

@Katmary71 enjoy the camping trip!

@19shmoo69 What a great whoosh!!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill and a ton of housework.

So, a week or so ago my husband and I started talking about selling our house and finding a place a little larger and one that had a yard for our little dog. We drove over to this neighborhood that we have like that has a lot of new homes being built. At first we were thinking of building on a lot but there are no more lots for the house plan we liked best, so instead, we choose a house that will be ready in less than two months!! I have a couple coming tomorrow to look at my house! My head is spinning!!! I have so much to do!! :o But my new home is going to be amazing!!! <3
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check In
    Calories: over
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: nothing formal; not sure how many steps I have yet

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Some kind of workout
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Get 10,000 steps
    4. Make an eating plan for week