MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you for your kind words, not looking at the big picture is exactly what I was doing wrong! I loaded up and donated 4 bags of clothes from sizes at my highest weight on down. It felt great to get rid of the larger sizes and elastic-waisted pants!

Welcome to the group! You've done a great job at keeping most of your original weight loss off, you obviously know how to get back on track. I think you have good goals, you got this Maria!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose 10 this month
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... happy new month.

I last weighed myself at 11 stone 10.5lbs at the beginning of June - that's 164.5lbs in old money.
    I was making very steady progress, but perhaps not at the expected rate for a regular 3500 calorie deficit a week.
    Now, of course I know why, and while I still haven't fixed my bathroom scales (with a load of travel plans cancelled I can probably afford to replace it soon, promise!), there's very little point standing on scales any time soon as I'm goodness knows how much Eric-(that's the name of my tumour)-weight.

(Since I got the news and started indulging in a few treats, it's probably not just Eric, but shhh!)

I hope you allow me tag along with the Slimpossibles still. I have a few goals for July that are not scales related:
    • to stay sober and not booze like a 90s Britpop ladette.
    • to practice mindfulness every day.
    • to choose healthful foods.
    • to be as active as I can be before my operation.
    • to say no to more things - avoid stress.
    • and, like has been suggested, look at the big picture. Recovery, and a healthy future.

I have some step updates... lots of gardening happened over the weekend too. But also I went to a festival, so you know, not that healthy.

Thursday 27th - 12263
    Friday 28th - 15736 - and apparently I broke my Workweek Hustle record with 58558 steps over the 5 days! o:)
    Saturday 29th - 11780
    Sunday 30th - 13693

Donna, you’ve been doing great even with Eric. It will be interesting to see how your weight compares before and after your surgery. Do you know yet when that will be? Great stepping, by the way!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you for your kind words, not looking at the big picture is exactly what I was doing wrong! I loaded up and donated 4 bags of clothes from sizes at my highest weight on down. It felt great to get rid of the larger sizes and elastic-waisted pants!

Welcome to the group! You've done a great job at keeping most of your original weight loss off, you obviously know how to get back on track. I think you have good goals, you got this Maria!

Congratulations on getting rid of all those larger sized, elastic waist clothes. No going back now!!! You got this!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 1 of July
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 122.6
    Today's Weight: 123.5
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    SHOW ME THE GREEN CHALLENGE:
    I am aiming to lose 10 pounds in July.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to the group for July. I was sooooo close to my goal earlier this year. I had gone from 217 down to 152, and my goal is around 140. I just lost my grip and got off track, and I have gained a lot of it back. I am back up to 196. I am starting over and saw this challenge and thought it would be great to have support and accountability while I re-lose all this weight!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to those north of me!

os22rx24jh1j.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @KMD1214 - Did you figure out notifications?

To bookmark this or any discussion, click the STAR icon next to the discussion title (so, look to the right of "MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019."
    The star icon will then go from empty to yellow.
    This discussion is now on your bookmark list.
    To view a discussion on your bookmark list, go to the Community/Message Boards section of MyFitnessPal, and then click the STAR icon in the header section to see links to all the discussions you are following.
    You will also now get notifications for activity* in this discussion by clicking on the BELL icon in the community header. A little number will appear over the bell to show you how many new comments are there to read.

* Notifications are also affected by your Preferences. To view your preferences, go to the Community/Message Boards section of MyFitnessPal, and then click the GEAR icon in the header section. It sounds like you will want to have "Notify me when people reply to my bookmarked discussions" checked. If you make a change on this page, be sure to SAVE PREFERENCES to have that happen.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Team Weight No More's Week One Challenge

yi42hvghnixn.png

I don't have time. I sit all day at the office. Excuses. That is all they are. If you want something bad enough you will figure out how to make it happen. I have learned that as long as I am moving, I am burning calories. It doesn't have to be a full 30 minutes. Even if you do just 5 minutes at a time it is better than 0 minutes. 5 minutes at a time thru out the day can add up to a really good workout. And likely the hardest part is just getting started. So come on.... Get up off that chair. Trust me, no one will care and you will definitely not regret it.

I have includes some posters of office friendly exercises. Anyone can do them. So come on... Lets do one poster a day. Then, go to your team thread and tell them how you did. There is something for everyone. No excuses. Everyone has 5 minutes. Let's start making being active a habit, even if we have an sedentary job. And captains, hold your team accountable. Ask them everyday, what they are doing to be more active. Lets change our lifestyle one day, one pose at a time.

Okay, I did today's installment of the Week One Challenge! Today I did the second poster, the Office Workout. I did 4 sets. I have slightly tired thighs right now!

My other movement adventure this week is doing a new-to-me yoga move. The new movement I took on for this week is called Bharadvaja's Twist or Bharadvajasana. It's one you can do in a chair in just a few minutes:
    http://yoga.org.nz/yoga_postures_main_page/image-quick-find-yoga-positions/torso-twist-on-a-chair-bharadvajasana/

One of my favorites is one I got from someone here ( @wishusdonna ?) is porridge squats -- doing squats for that few minutes while cooking oatmeal or something else in the microwave oven!

What are you guys up to? Trying any of the suggestion from @cyndiesstuff 's posters? Other things?
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt I think you'll really like it here. I started here last month and have really enjoyed it!
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    For the Show Me the Green Challenge, I plan on losing 10 pounds this month.
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

To bookmark this or any discussion, click the STAR icon next to the discussion title (so, look to the right of "MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019."
    The star icon will then go from empty to yellow.
    This discussion is now on your bookmark list.
    To view a discussion on your bookmark list, go to the Community/Message Boards section of MyFitnessPal, and then click the STAR icon in the header section to see links to all the discussions you are following.
    You will also now get notifications for activity* in this discussion by clicking on the BELL icon in the community header. A little number will appear over the bell to show you how many new comments are there to read.

* Notifications are also affected by your Preferences. To view your preferences, go to the Community/Message Boards section of MyFitnessPal, and then click the GEAR icon in the header section. It sounds like you will want to have "Notify me when people reply to my bookmarked discussions" checked. If you make a change on this page, be sure to SAVE PREFERENCES to have that happen.[/quote]

Austin, THANK YOU!!!!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to the group for July. I was sooooo close to my goal earlier this year. I had gone from 217 down to 152, and my goal is around 140. I just lost my grip and got off track, and I have gained a lot of it back. I am back up to 196. I am starting over and saw this challenge and thought it would be great to have support and accountability while I re-lose all this weight!

You’ve come to the right place!! It’s amazing how easy it is to ‘look away’ while the pounds just quietly (insidiously) go back on. But then suddenly we have this moment of clarity—- we just know it’s time to take our power back! We all just say “That’s enough! No more.” And here we are ! Great luck on this journey!
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SHOW ME THE GREEN CHALLENGE:
    I am going to lose 5 lbs this month.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    Great Show Me The Green goals everyone! I'm hoping to just maintain my weight as I'll be on vacation at the end of the month. I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds before I go!

I forgot to check in last night.
    Monday weight check in: 137
    Exercise: none, having increased nerve pain so I took the day off yesterday. Felt weird to take a break while having the time to work out! I'll hopefully be able to do gym routine today, I did my physical therapy stretching and exercises from post surgery so hopefully that'll relieve some pressure.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Kim. I am a special education teacher in MA. After losing 70ish pounds several years ago, I've struggled with a series of injuries and now found myself needing to lose again, at least 15 pounds to get back to a "happy weight." My consistency with both eating and exercise this year has been horrible. In the weeks since school has been out I've been on a positive upswing, and hoping to keep it going throughout the summer. We start summer school next week, so that will be the big test!

My goal for July is a 2lb loss. I know it doesn't sound like much, but given where I am I think it's reasonable. I know what to do, I just need to keep up the consistency and motivation to actually do it.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Belated Sunday Check-in
    Somehow I lost track of doing this when switching threads.

Sunday Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, calories on target
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping

Monday Goals
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target
    Water: on target
    Exercise: martial arts class, plus bonus movement (the Week One Challenge, yoga bonus)
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Okay, I did today's installment of the Week One Challenge! Today I did the second poster, the Office Workout. I did 4 sets. I have slightly tired thighs right now!

My other movement adventure this week is doing a new-to-me yoga move. The new movement I took on for this week is called Bharadvaja's Twist or Bharadvajasana. It's one you can do in a chair in just a few minutes:
    http://yoga.org.nz/yoga_postures_main_page/image-quick-find-yoga-positions/torso-twist-on-a-chair-bharadvajasana/

One of my favorites is one I got from someone here ( @wishusdonna ?) is porridge squats -- doing squats for that few minutes while cooking oatmeal or something else in the microwave oven!

What are you guys up to? Trying any of the suggestion from @cyndiesstuff 's posters? Other things?

Yes, porridge squats was me!
This discussion has been closed.