MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th July American friends!

Well, I made my steps because we parked nowhere near the hospital! 13026 in total. Alas we did not feel like the cinema... treats wise, I went to the deli and brought some rhubarb cider, smoked cheese, and loose leaf tea.

The appointment was not so great for answers. More scans needed before the op. But the op must be. Rough times ahead... :'(

Thinking of you lots @Wishusdonna! Sending positive vibes across the ocean,
  • Kres567
    Options
    Please carry my weight over from last week. I'm out of town and dont have a scale to weigh myself. Thanks!

Will do!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thursday Check In--Happy 4th of July, everyone!
    Calories: under (without using the exercise calories)
    Exercise: kayak this morning that burned 600 calories (not sure I believe that, but that's what Endomondo said)
    Water: good

Today's Goals:
    1. Water—at least 80 oz :)
    2. Kayak and bike/walk/swim-- >:) did the kayak, but nothing else formal. Cleaned house all day though, so I'm still tired.
    3. Track food-- :)
    4. IF—18:6 (eat from noon to 6:00). Yes, I was only off by about 15 min, so I'm calling that a win on a holiday.

Tomorrow's Goals:
    1. Water--at least 80 oz.
    2. Bike ride early, then it's air travel day
    3. Track food
    4. IF--16:8
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    I’m so inspired by all of the posts about exercise! What an active group we are!

LOVE it!!!!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    current weight 219.5

Thursday Check-in of week 1 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories
    Water: # 6 - under goal of 12 - a trend (more than it used to be, less than it should be)
    Exercise: an hour long bike ride!

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are good for me, under stats wise - and YUMMY!
    Water: the goal of a number is making me crazy!
    Exercise: a bike ride and kayaking - maybe sneak in a walk, too?
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks @UTMom81 and @Kres567 - I had some giggles last night as it was so hot I went to put on my shorts pyjamas instead of long pyjamas and the vest would not go over the bump. But on one side, I can see my ribs. It's crazy! But I shouldn't have long to go.

Calories under, water fine, and a whopping 16115 steps yesterday, mainly from walking about watering plants!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh in week:Week 1
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 276
    Todays Weight: 276
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 208.6
    Current weight: 208.6

I’m happy with this number. I was up again at the start of the week and have come down after the long weekend. I’m working to have that number continue to drop little by little over the week.

The Calgary Stampede is on for the next 10 days in Calgary and I’ve got a few activities relating to that which can revolve around BBQs, pancake breakfasts and other treats. Going to be mindful, get my water and steps in.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exericse: yard work 120 mins
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Belated Thursday check-in following holiday:
    Username: JeBeBu
    Weigh in week: 1st week of July
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Last Weight: 203
    Current Weight: 203

Today's goals:
    Accurate tracking
    10,000 steps+

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Thursday July 4 - Check-in
    ✔️ Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, calories under, kept to my fasting window
    ✔️ Water: on target
    ✔️ Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes martial arts practice

Friday July 5 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/high
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45+ min) and/or gardening; martial arts practice
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories OVER! Went overboard yesterday at a party. My uncle was BBQing and normally I'm not much of a meat eater, but he used to do BBQ competitions and ran a BBQ catering business on the side, he makes amazing food! I'm definitely not good at sitting by the pool with a lot of food in front of me. Oh well, today's back on track. I'm still full so I'm skipping breakfast.
    Exercise yesterday- core, recumbent bike

Today's plan
    Back on track eating-wise.
    Exercise planned- elliptical, weights, recumbent bike, some time gardening as neighbor gave me an agave plant with a bunch of babies he was going to throw away and I need to finish potting them all, plus have some tomatoes to harvest and want to plant more radishes.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Thanks @UTMom81 and @Kres567 - I had some giggles last night as it was so hot I went to put on my shorts pyjamas instead of long pyjamas and the vest would not go over the bump. But on one side, I can see my ribs. It's crazy! But I shouldn't have long to go.

Calories under, water fine, and a whopping 16115 steps yesterday, mainly from walking about watering plants!

We're out here thinking of you and sending all of the vibes for expert healing heads and hands on you and Eric.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    current weight 218.2

Friday Challenge (and daily) Check-in of week 1 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories (so far so good, all planned meals will be under)
    Water: # 4 so far - might make goal of 12, I am on my second 4-cupper, only 1 to go after this!
    Exercise: a 40 minute walk on the board walk and then a 15 minute walk at the state park

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are good for me, under stats wise - and YUMMY!
    Water: stated differently - 4 32oz tumblers worth
    Exercise: a bike ride and kayaking
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

I actually weighed on Wed., as I do not have a scale where I am but didn't change the weight until my official weigh-in day. Hope that's not confusing... => When in Raleigh, NC (currently in Morehead City, NC), I weigh daily but only sporadically record in MFP because I wait for a loss that seems to stick. I am one whose weight can really fluctuate so I like to be sure.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Thursday check-in
    Calories OVER! Went overboard yesterday at a party. My uncle was BBQing and normally I'm not much of a meat eater, but he used to do BBQ competitions and ran a BBQ catering business on the side, he makes amazing food! I'm definitely not good at sitting by the pool with a lot of food in front of me. Oh well, today's back on track. I'm still full so I'm skipping breakfast.
    Exercise yesterday- core, recumbent bike

Today's plan
    Back on track eating-wise.
    Exercise planned- elliptical, weights, recumbent bike, some time gardening as neighbor gave me an agave plant with a bunch of babies he was going to throw away and I need to finish potting them all, plus have some tomatoes to harvest and want to plant more radishes.

A couple of really active days! Great work getting back on track!
  • Kres567
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Friday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 2 hours whitewater rafting class IV

We’re having a great time in Colorado! Whitewater rafting was a great workout! Ii’m enjoying some treats while making an effort to make healthy choices most of the time. At lunch today, I learned I really like leeks which I hadn’t ever had before.

e6s8kazk855i.jpeg

You are too cute!! Glad you enjoyed!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week 1
    Saturday
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 243
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    KA97
    PW 157.8
    CW 157.6

Well that was a huge disappointment.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Week 1
    KA97
    PW 157.8
    CW 157.6

Well that was a huge disappointment.

Hey there, I so sympathize. We all do.

Big picture, you have held on to that big drop you had the last week of June, which is great news! And that despite this being a holiday week, which is also great news!

Are your clothes getting looser? The scale number is not always helpful. Sometimes a shrinking waist measurement is far more telling.

Is there anything you want to tweak in terms of food or exercise this week? There may not be. I'm just a big fan of looking for ways to get a little bit better, week by week.
This discussion has been closed.