MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Friday Jul 26 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (71 min); martial arts practice (10 min)

Saturday Jul 26 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: log, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping (45+ min); martial arts practice (10 min)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Friday Jul 26 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (71 min); martial arts practice (10 min)

Saturday Jul 26 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: log, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping (45+ min); martial arts practice (10 min)

Great work - both staying in window and exercise!! =>
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Here's what I've come up with so far. And, feel free to add your own vacation survival ideas!!

1. Make the most of our alone time: maximize fasting in every way possible; hikes and long walks for exercise; careful low-carb shopping (Lite and Fit yogurt; prepared chicken strips and spring mix; good cheddar; almond milk for coffee; eggs; some Skinny Pop).
    2. Arm myself for those evening 'sit by the lake with wine, beer and friends ' challenges: bring a cooler full of lime selzer and sliced lemons and limes; don't feel self conscious or apologetic; eat something filling/satisfying before we go and don't snack! Or bring along some almonds to share.
    3. Prepare, prepare, prepare for eating out: try to look at the menu ahead of time and make smart, low-carb choices; have a glass of GOOD red wine and ENJOY it!! (but only one!).
    4. LOG everything, even if I can't weigh in.

Your turn!!
    Here's what I've come up with so far. And, feel free to add your own vacation survival ideas!!

1. Make the most of our alone time: maximize fasting in every way possible; hikes and long walks for exercise; careful low-carb shopping (Lite and Fit yogurt; prepared chicken strips and spring mix; good cheddar; almond milk for coffee; eggs; some Skinny Pop).
    2. Arm myself for those evening 'sit by the lake with wine, beer and friends ' challenges: bring a cooler full of lime selzer and sliced lemons and limes; don't feel self conscious or apologetic; eat something filling/satisfying before we go and don't snack! Or bring along some almonds to share.
    3. Prepare, prepare, prepare for eating out: try to look at the menu ahead of time and make smart, low-carb choices; have a glass of GOOD red wine and ENJOY it!! (but only one!).

Your turn!!

Sounds like a great plan! Working out will give you extra calories too. I already know tomorrow will be a bust, but I'm going to do my best to not overeat. I feel like I'm walking a tight line of sticking to plan and being a pain-in-the-butt!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160
    CW 162

I've not been eating meals regularly so been eating things that are not nutritious and calorie dense.

Low mood meant that I chose food based on feelings than hunger. It's my 2nd month in this challenge and I haven't eaten with the best choices.

I'm making a commitment to try every day a new than see it in a week I'll try again.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160
    CW 162

I've not been eating meals regularly so been eating things that are not nutritious and calorie dense.

Low mood meant that I chose food based on feelings than hunger. It's my 2nd month in this challenge and I haven't eaten with the best choices.

I'm making a commitment to try every day a new than see it in a week I'll try again.

It's a difficult journey - and that's with the stars aligned. Are there one or two things you can influence for change? Maybe shopping on a different day or pre-packing lunch...? Just some ideas tossed out, not knowing what your challenges are. With low mood, maybe if you can look for only one or two things to change and focus on them, you can get some small wins and feel encouragement from within...the best kind. Maybe that will help your overall feelings and lead to more successes? We're with ya - we've all been there, having to take the first step (and sometimes, again). Make it a small step, meaningful to you. It's ok to not do everything at once and it's ok for it to be as slow as it needs to be. Thinking of you - keep trying, it's the most important part.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 286.3
    Today's Weight: 283.8
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options

Your turn!!

These are all great - especially love #2....most especially for not being apologetic and for eating before eating - that is a tactic for me, too! I might add - use this as a time to cook something super delicious and on-plan to share with your friends. I like doing this because then I *know* I have something to eat and everyone is eating it or it's a part of the overall meal and we're all sharing. It's a win/win where I feel both included and contributory.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    zk80ttz199pv.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.53%
    INDIVIDUAL % Ahanaz 4.36%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 22.7
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Ahanaz 7.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 47.6 POUND, OR 0.53% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.53%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.29%
    3rd WaistAways 0.27%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 22.7
    2nd WaistAways 13.5
    3rd Workout Warriors 11.4

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st Ahanaz 4.36%
    2nd luciicul 3.13%
    3rd kateberard 2.66%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st Ahanaz 7.2
    2nd kateberard 5.1
    3rd. Jactop 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    jactop
    hope002
    kirsten11872
    offitgoes
    kmfeig87
    kilobykilo
    Loriab901
    mrshadsall
    matthewsfive
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2019
    Options
    zk80ttz199pv.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.53%
    INDIVIDUAL % Ahanaz 4.36%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 22.7
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Ahanaz 7.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 47.6 POUND, OR 0.53% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.53%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.29%
    3rd WaistAways 0.27%
    PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 22.7
    2nd WaistAways 13.5
    3rd Workout Warriors 11.4

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st Ahanaz 4.36%
    2nd luciicul 3.13%
    3rd kateberard 2.66%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st Ahanaz 7.2
    2nd kateberard 5.1
    3rd. Jactop 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    jactop
    hope002
    kirsten11872
    offitgoes
    kmfeig87
    kilobykilo
    Loriab901
    mrshadsall
    matthewsfive

Wow! Congratulations to the entire Slimpossibles team for making that 0.29% loss for the week happen!

And a big hurray for @Jactop being in the mentions! You had such a great week! You've been working at it, and it's showing!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160
    CW 162

It's a difficult journey - and that's with the stars aligned. Are there one or two things you can influence for change? Maybe shopping on a different day or pre-packing lunch...? Just some ideas tossed out, not knowing what your challenges are. With low mood, maybe if you can look for only one or two things to change and focus on them, you can get some small wins and feel encouragement from within...the best kind. Maybe that will help your overall feelings and lead to more successes? We're with ya - we've all been there, having to take the first step (and sometimes, again). Make it a small step, meaningful to you. It's ok to not do everything at once and it's ok for it to be as slow as it needs to be. Thinking of you - keep trying, it's the most important part.

Everything @raleighgirl09 says here is so smart.

When I started this journey, my big victories were things like pushing back time a little before I ate something not nutritious and calorie dense. If you can look at where you are at, can you find something small that's a step, and then concentrate on having that one small thing happen? So the day is a WIN if you make that one step in the direction you want to go?

Keep trying. And as the very wise @raleighgirl09 says, we are here and thinking of you.

Losing weight is not for sissies. This is a big, challenging project, and we all find many ways to fail before we find a way to succeed.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Your turn!!

Your turn!!

Sounds like a great plan! Working out will give you extra calories too. I already know tomorrow will be a bust, but I'm going to do my best to not overeat. I feel like I'm walking a tight line of sticking to plan and being a pain-in-the-butt!

All of this is so awesome!

@Katmary71 - I so get the worry about being a pain in the butt!
    And... maybe your willingness to look for ways to include people but also have things work for you will inspire your friends. I gotta say, it is inspiring ME. I have a big project I have been working on where I have not been getting enough help. I am out to look at how to include friends more, so we have the project work and I don't have it consume all my free time this week!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160
    CW 162

Just keep trying your best! I struggle when I don't have routine meals. I've been trying keeping protein bars on hand so I don't eat too much, it sometimes helps. Great attitude!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 286.3
    Today's Weight: 283.8

Great loss, congratulations!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Calories maintenance
    Exercise elliptical, going to do it for an hour after my morning coffee

Today is the party we are throwing for my cousin. My only food option will be sandwiches and salads (like pasta salad) so it'll be higher than I'm used to. I'll be running around a lot so hopefully that'll help.

Great job team! I was up this week so I wasn't any help.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!
    Calories maintenance
    Exercise elliptical, going to do it for an hour after my morning coffee

Today is the party we are throwing for my cousin. My only food option will be sandwiches and salads (like pasta salad) so it'll be higher than I'm used to. I'll be running around a lot so hopefully that'll help.

Great job team! I was up this week so I wasn't any help.

Hey there! No pass. You were part of this week's victory! We all have up and down weeks, and even months.

It's a group thing, and a not stopping thing. You are a super awesome part of the conversation that supports us all.

As far as today -- a big wow to fitting in exercise time after coffee and before the party! That's some impressive commitment! Have a great time at the party! One higher day is just one day. It's your consistent work that is getting you to your goal!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: a whole lot of packing, purging, donating, and sorting.

Yesterday, I painted my Pepto-Bismol pink laundry room. It took 3 coats of paint to cover that hideous color. What was I thinking to EVER pick such a color? :# NEVER again!! My body is hurting so bad from going up and down a ladder all day that I couldn't even make dinner and caved in and let hubby buy us Subway subs. I enjoyed every bite of that bread! :D
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Saturday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes cutting grass
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow, another weigh in at the hospital, with boots again, but am up by 1kg to 78kg - translates as 171.6lbs. Now, some of that may be ice cream, for sure, but a lot of it is water retention and maybe a little tumour growth too. Getting more and more people mistaking Eric for a pregnancy bump, and the skin is so tight round my belly. It's getting properly uncomfortable, but fingers crossed, have a surgery date within the deadline we're trying to get confirmed within the next couple of days.

If it all works out , that's in just over 2 weeks. So, I'm on super healthy countdown!

Steps since last check-in:
    Thursday 25th - 13431
    Friday 26 - 13867
    Saturday 27 - 12735
    Sunday 28 - 6830 - needed a rest!

Someone has bought homemade cake into the office. Look at me, going to ignore it and eat my little blue egg with some spinach! o:)
This discussion has been closed.