MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hi all, after a couple of weeks of working with MFP IT, I finally can access the community again. I already requested to be on the cheersquad this month due to my community inactivity, but I'll be ready to be back in action next month!

Great news!
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Can anyone offer insight to the group and how the setup is, please? I really do need some friends and the support, so anyone who will add me, please, please do!

I have lost and gained weight my whole life. I lost about 60 pounds about 6 years ago over a couple years of hard work and have since gained 50 back. My knee is no good with arthritis and had surgery on my foot for a nasty heel spur. I am having a really difficult time getting back on track. I know my knee will be better with some weight off and I want to be more active with my family. My goal is to lose the 50 pounds (more ideally) and KEEP it off! I can't seem to get to the next 5 pounds though. Just a little about me and I am excited to be here! :blush:

Welcome to the group! You’re gonna love it here. I will send you a friend request in a few minutes, and I’m sure others in the group will as well. To me, the magic of this group happens though by coming here to this forum every day to read and respond to the posts of other members. It’s also very helpful to do the little daily “Check In” posts that you’ll see. There is a general format, but feel free to make it what you need it to be. We share the good days and the bad days here. The encouragement and support you’ll find here has been incredibly important to my own weight loss journey. Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. It takes time, but it does work if you work it.

I agree with @UTMom81 - I’ve been a little MIA these past several weeks and it shows in my results. I’m going on vacation for a couple of weeks beginning Saturday I’m going to work on my focus while I’m away.
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 4 of July
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 256.4
    Today's Weight: 256.2

Feeling bloated this morning. Had my share of salty foods yesterday, including beef jerky. I will need to watch that.
  • Kres567
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am Michelle and will be joining the challenge in August. A little about me...I am 42, married with two kids (1 in college the other in high school). 5 years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder called Transverse Myelitis. I was blessed by that I never lost my ability to walk but I did loose a measurable amount of mobility. I was only able to walk slowly for 10 minutes at a time before my legs would go numb. I did let the disorder define me for a few years and then I had enough. I am now currently back to the gym doing cardio and strength training 1 to 2 times a week and the rest of the days are spent doing swimming and water aerobics. I recently visited an acupuncturist who is doing wonders for the symptoms of my disorder. And I am in the process of changing my diet to paleo/Autoimmune protocol. I have cut out grains and recently dairy to see if this is causing my inflammation. As well, I only get sugar from fruits and honey. (Well, most times anyways).

I do have a question regarding the challenge. I submitted my starting weight as of Friday but I am hoping that decreases before the August challenge begins. Is there a way to update the starting weight closer to August 1st?

I found your introduction so inspiring! Thank you for sharing - so pleased you are part of the team! I will have a look at the spreadsheet and see when you can update your weight.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Jactop
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW 209
    CW 204

Way to go Jackie!
  • Kres567
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing the link @bethanie0825!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Monday weigh in
    Last week 132
    This week 134
    Calories under
    Exercise hiking, water walking

I'm not upset about my weight, I'm real bloated right now so at least I know why it's up. Camping was fun, I hiked up a mountain and survived! I managed to eat well aside of lunch while hiking, we had sandwiches and pretzels. I'd been trying out cutting back on protein a bit and switching dairy/meat with plant protein, but my workouts have been harder lately so I need to at least try more protein again. That's been the hardest to keep up as I never used to eat any and now it's at every meal and snack.

I'm going to be gone the next two weeks and am unsure I'll be able to weigh in, is this a problem? If the gym there has a scale I'll weigh in.

You are doing great! I won’t be able to weigh in for the next two weeks either. I’ll check with the moderators on how to handle this.
  • Kres567
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Is it possible to skip this weeks weigh in and just go with last weeks weight? I don’t think I can emotionally handle TOM weight right now. 😢

No problem; we’ve all been there!
  • Kres567
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Yesterday I had free cinema tickets to go see Midsommar, so as it was also too hot to cook made it a bargain pizza and ice cream night too... so feeling spoiled and the calorie overspend shows it, but a good night, and the sleep is not too bad considering we got woken up by giant hailstones, thunder and lightning.

I hear we have our hottest day in the UK on record coming up, so might be a good time to get into salad.

Steps 12711 - but most of them were done at work to be honest.

It doesn't matter where the steps were done, you still did them!

Exactly! And even your lower days are higher than my best! You have always been a Step Machine!
  • Kres567
    Options
    fleetwood1 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 4 of July
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 256.4
    Today's Weight: 256.2

Feeling bloated this morning. Had my share of salty foods yesterday, including beef jerky. I will need to watch that.

You are having a solid month! Good job!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hey Team - there have been so many questions about low carb/keto eating. I am wondering if I could put a request/challenge to those members currently following this kind of plan to put together their top 5 Must Do’s to find success with this plan. These are the top 5 (or more if you have them) habits or tips you have incorporated into your diet that you believe other should know about and try if they are considering low carb/keto.

No pressure here. Totally understand if life is busy at the moment and your time is limited - just something that struck me as I was updating myself on the amazing discussion these last couple of days. 😊
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am Michelle and will be joining the challenge in August. A little about me...I am 42, married with two kids (1 in college the other in high school). 5 years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder called Transverse Myelitis. I was blessed by that I never lost my ability to walk but I did loose a measurable amount of mobility. I was only able to walk slowly for 10 minutes at a time before my legs would go numb. I did let the disorder define me for a few years and then I had enough. I am now currently back to the gym doing cardio and strength training 1 to 2 times a week and the rest of the days are spent doing swimming and water aerobics. I recently visited an acupuncturist who is doing wonders for the symptoms of my disorder. And I am in the process of changing my diet to paleo/Autoimmune protocol. I have cut out grains and recently dairy to see if this is causing my inflammation. As well, I only get sugar from fruits and honey. (Well, most times anyways).

I do have a question regarding the challenge. I submitted my starting weight as of Friday but I am hoping that decreases before the August challenge begins. Is there a way to update the starting weight closer to August 1st?

I found your introduction so inspiring! Thank you for sharing - so pleased you are part of the team! I will have a look at the spreadsheet and see when you can update your weight.

I think(?) the starting weight for August would be the one recorded during the week of 7/28-8/03 for those already participating. For new members, I'd think the same would apply(?) so you could provide a weigh-in on 8/2 (if you are going to use Fridays).
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    o1u2435hjhg6.png
    TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    PLEASE WELCOME TO YOUR TEAM
    @notsolazylisa
    PLEASE HELP HER GET ADJUSTED TO THE TEAM WHILIE GETTING READY FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    @Kres567 or @broncobuddee please put me back in the challenge for next month. If you need this week’s weight it is 156.2.

Yay!
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    I noticed many of you are also doing low carb, as am I. How many carb grams are aiming for in a day? I’m trying to stay under 100

So I break the carbs into two - sugar and non-sugar (fiber and sugar alcohols). I try to keep sugar carbs around 45 and leave the balance (of 100 carbs) for fiber and other non-sugar carbs. Not sure if that is legit how it works but I did well on it for a year.
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    I am wondering if I could put a request/challenge to those members currently following this kind of plan to put together their top 5 Must Do’s to find success with this plan.

😊

Kates’ Top 5:
    1. Determine your calorie limit and your net carb limit and stick to it!
    2. Rearrange your MFP logging settings to display fiber content immediately after total carb content in all foods—- makes subtracting to learn NETcarbs a breeze.
    3. Splurge on special low carb food items that can help satisfy personal cravings ( for me it’s good Scottish cheddar cheese; smoked cheddar almonds; Real Good Supreme or personal pizzas)
    4. Learn to LOVE blackberries and avoid high carb fruits.
    5. Hold personal accountability by logging and weighing ever day—- and don’t exceed your limits even if you exercise.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:206.2
    Todays Weight: 205.2

Three weeks in a row that I've lost 1.2 lbs. :D At this rate, I will be at goal in about 38 weeks! B)

Teresa's Top 5:
    1. Decide if you are going to track total carbs or net carbs. I track net carbs and try to keep it between 20 and 50 grams. I track on Carb Manager but whatever tracker you like will work.
    2. Tracking your entire day first thing in the morning will help stay on track and avoid mindless eating. I always track as much as I can in the morning and then go back and adjust in the evening after I have dinner
    3. Don't be afraid of fat!!! Having said that you need to find out what fats work for you. Some people can't eat a lot of dairies like cheese, heavy cream, and butter. I thankfully am NOT one of those people and the more cheese I eat the better I lose!! <3
    4. Pinterest is your friend for finding low carb/Keto recipes. I would also recommend sites like Diet Doctor for recipes and great articles/videos on the low carb lifestyle.
    5. Consider combining low carb with intermittent fasting. There are so many benefits to fasting and even if you just do 12 to 16 hours a day you will reap many of those benefits. I fast for at least 18 to 22 hours on most days.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Tuesday Jul 23 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping (60 min); martial arts practice
    NSV: Made dessert bars for Boy Scouts event and did not eat them. Phew!

Wednesday Jul 24 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: log, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/over
    Exercise: martial arts class, outdoor walk or platform stepping; martial arts practice (10 min)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:206.2
    Todays Weight: 205.2

Three weeks in a row that I've lost 1.2 lbs. :DAt this rate, I will be at goal in about 38 weeks! B)

Teresa's Top 5:
    1. Decide if you are going to track total carbs or net carbs. I track net carbs and try to keep it between 20 and 50 grams. I track on Carb Manager but whatever tracker you like will work.
    2. Tracking your entire day first thing in the morning will help stay on track and avoid mindless eating. I always track as much as I can in the morning and then go back and adjust in the evening after I have dinner
    3. Don't be afraid of fat!!! Having said that you need to find out what fats work for you. Some people can't eat a lot of dairies like cheese, heavy cream, and butter. I thankfully am NOT one of those people and the more cheese I eat the better I lose!! <3
    4. Pinterest is your friend for finding low carb/Keto recipes. I would also recommend sites like Diet Doctor for recipes and great articles/videos on the low carb lifestyle.
    5. Consider combining low carb with intermittent fasting. There are so many benefits to fasting and even if you just do 12 to 16 hours a day you will reap many of those benefits. I fast for at least 18 to 22 hours on most days.

Hey, Teresa, great news about the steady weight loss!

I love what you said about paying attention to what works for you. We all have different bodies, and different choices work differently for different people. It's a great reason to log food, as it gives you the data you need to look for those patterns!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2019
    Options
    o1u2435hjhg6.png
    TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    PLEASE WELCOME TO YOUR TEAM
    @notsolazylisa
    PLEASE HELP HER GET ADJUSTED TO THE TEAM WHILIE GETTING READY FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG

Hi @notsolazylisa ! Welcome to Team Slimpossibles! We are delighted you are joining us! Feel free to jump into the conversation now!
    gm9r1zqxsovm.gif

This discussion has been closed.