MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thursday Jul 25 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: on target
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45 min); platform stepping (57 min); martial arts practice (10 min)

Friday Jul 26 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: log, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping; martial arts practice (10 min)
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain:
    Each day, I am in awe of your incredible consistency in all that you do; and, your generosity of spirit in cheering us all on. I so look forward to your posts. Thank you!!!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    @AustinRuadhain:
    Each day, I am in awe of your incredible consistency in all that you do; and, your generosity of spirit in cheering us all on. I so look forward to your posts. Thank you!!!!

Aww, thank you @KMD1214 ! I did not know that. :smile:

I have focused a lot on building habits, but by bit, so it has been small changes, a little at a time over more than a year and a half. :sweat_smile: When this started, my goal was "don't go buy and eat a Reese's right now." Not at all for an entire day felt like a stretch, but I could put it off for now.

And FYI - some days I do not FEEL like doing this or that, and remind myself that I will be checking in here. So in reality, you are part of the equation!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Niece and nephew are visiting for the weekend. Goals: get some sort of a workout each day, and avoid eating any of the “kid food”. 😳

So far so good.....🤞🏼
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Friday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: more working in the house and shopping! :D

We went and bought a refrigerator for the new house. And tomorrow I have to paint my laundry room. It seems that not all prospective buyers are into bright pink rooms. Whatever!! :D My weight was down this morning and I'm hoping that with all my work I have to do this weekend that I will fast extra long and watch those carbs! B)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Niece and nephew are visiting for the weekend. Goals: get some sort of a workout each day, and avoid eating any of the “kid food”. 😳

So far so good.....🤞🏼

Oh, my! Those are excellent goals and NOT trivial! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hey @sarasimsr36 - We are SO glad to see you in the community again! Hurray for that tech problem getting resolved!

@19shmoo69 - What a great weigh-in! So delighted for you! What do you think made the difference? Shaking up your routine a bit?

@Wishusdonna - It sounds like you are doing a great job of taking care of yourself. Know that we are thinking of you.

@nlalamin04 - As @Katmary71 says, it totally sounds like you know what you need to do this week to get that momentum going again!

@raleighgirl09 - Wow! What a great weigh-in! And I love all your careful reflection on what to focus on next!

The only shake up I did was drop my calories by 300 and absolutely nothing after 6pm.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Day- Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232.8
    Current - 234

Same 2-3 lbs week after week. I'm just gonna keep going, it's gotta budge sometime lol

Yes, that does sound like normal fluctuations, fingers crossed for you that you have a woosh soon

I'm hoping. I've been able to actually hike this week bc the heat relented. There's a huge difference between 84 and 104F lol
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    Calories over
    Exercise none
    Wow, that is painful to type! I was flying on vacation and we ran a bunch of errands and went out for Chinese food. I couldn't resist nor did I try to resist dark chocolate dumplings!

Friday
    Calories under
    Workout hour elliptical and weights
    Tons of family stuff. One of my aunts keeps picking at my food, I'm trying hard not to get irritated as I don't think she realizes she's doing it. I've been put in charge of anything having to do with vegetables which is cool with me as I like prep and cooking, plus it's offered me some control over my meals and what choices are made. Done good so far at resisting pastries, chocolates, and nut bowls! For the first time since my injuries I'm able to help out with physical lifting and moving things around, it's an incredible feeling.

Tomorrow- try to go to gym again in morning to use recumbent bike or elliptical at home. Keep calories low, Sunday I won't have time to work out and will be stuck with party food so I'll need to be mindful.
  • KMD1214
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week 4
    Saturday
    PW 237
    CW 234

Oh, you must feel fantastic!!!
  • KMD1214
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Thursday
    Calories over
    Exercise none
    Wow, that is painful to type! I was flying on vacation and we ran a bunch of errands and went out for Chinese food. I couldn't resist nor did I try to resist dark chocolate dumplings!

Friday
    Calories under
    Workout hour elliptical and weights
    Tons of family stuff. One of my aunts keeps picking at my food, I'm trying hard not to get irritated as I don't think she realizes she's doing it. I've been put in charge of anything having to do with vegetables which is cool with me as I like prep and cooking, plus it's offered me some control over my meals and what choices are made. Done good so far at resisting pastries, chocolates, and nut bowls! For the first time since my injuries I'm able to help out with physical lifting and moving things around, it's an incredible feeling.

Tomorrow- try to go to gym again in morning to use recumbent bike or elliptical at home. Keep calories low, Sunday I won't have time to work out and will be stuck with party food so I'll need to be mindful.

Wow, that’s willpower!!! I have a 2+week vacation (away from the scale) coming soon and I’m literally terrified. Apart from being unable to weigh, we’ll be meeting up with old friends who’ll no doubt have tons of food and drink-based evenings planned. Oh, geez.

My goal this week is to develop a thoughtful plan to make this trip back into ‘real life’ successful!
  • KMD1214
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Here's what I've come up with so far. And, feel free to add your own vacation survival ideas!!

1. Make the most of our alone time: maximize fasting in every way possible; hikes and long walks for exercise; careful low-carb shopping (Lite and Fit yogurt; prepared chicken strips and spring mix; good cheddar; almond milk for coffee; eggs; some Skinny Pop).
    2. Arm myself for those evening 'sit by the lake with wine, beer and friends ' challenges: bring a cooler full of lime selzer and sliced lemons and limes; don't feel self conscious or apologetic; eat something filling/satisfying before we go and don't snack! Or bring along some almonds to share.
    3. Prepare, prepare, prepare for eating out: try to look at the menu ahead of time and make smart, low-carb choices; have a glass of GOOD red wine and ENJOY it!! (but only one!).
    4. LOG everything, even if I can't weigh in.

Your turn!!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week 4
    Saturday
    PW 237
    CW 234

what a great loss
  • digger61
    Options
    Digger61
    Week 4
    Saturday
    PW 224
    CW 224
  • digger61
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Friday Check in
    Calories:under
    Water: over 104 oz
    Exercise: cutting grass and yard work

Goals today: Cutting more grass and more yard work. Get ready for camping and fishing trip. Go shopping for good food choices when camping
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week 4
    Saturday
    PW 237
    CW 234

Great job!!!!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck everyone! Off for our two week vacation to Ontario. I know the heat and humidity will add some water weight but hoping it to go too crazy. My goals:

1. Drink 100oz of water each day
    2. I believe There is a big yard where we are staying so if the kids are in the lake I’m going to try and log some steps by walking laps
    3. Limit alcohol
    4. Watch portions
    5. Eat mindfully and slowly
    6. If I’m not hungry don’t eat

I’m using this as my screen saver to remind me every time I look at my phone
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week 4
    Saturday
    PW 237
    CW 234

Oh, you must feel fantastic!!!

I do!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey @sarasimsr36 - We are SO glad to see you in the community again! Hurray for that tech problem getting resolved!

@19shmoo69 - What a great weigh-in! So delighted for you! What do you think made the difference? Shaking up your routine a bit?

@Wishusdonna - It sounds like you are doing a great job of taking care of yourself. Know that we are thinking of you.

@nlalamin04 - As @Katmary71 says, it totally sounds like you know what you need to do this week to get that momentum going again!

@raleighgirl09 - Wow! What a great weigh-in! And I love all your careful reflection on what to focus on next!

The only shake up I did was drop my calories by 300 and absolutely nothing after 6pm.

That's 2 big changes! One or both are making a difference. Hurray!
This discussion has been closed.