MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    I noticed many of you are also doing low carb, as am I. How many carb grams are aiming for in a day? I’m trying to stay under 100

I've been doing low carb since June and most days I try to keep my net carbs between 20 and 30 grams. But there are days when I might go as high as 75 to 100 grams. I find that the lower I go the more I weight I lose. :)

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    I noticed many of you are also doing low carb, as am I. How many carb grams are aiming for in a day? I’m trying to stay under 100

I've been eating mostly low carb for about a year. At 60-100g my blood sugar and cholesterol are slowly creeping down but my weight doesn't budge. To see any movement on the scale I have to stay below 25g of net carbs but everyone's different.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    I am not particularly trying for low carb but I have my macros set for 30% carb 40% fat and 30% protein.
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2019
    Jactop wrote: »

I've been eating mostly low carb for about a year. At 60-100g my blood sugar and cholesterol are slowly creeping down but my weight doesn't budge. To see any movement on the scale I have to stay below 25g of net carbs but everyone's different.

I, too, am doing 20 to 25 gms net carbs,1200 cal, and successfully added intermittent fasting (16:8) to help ‘unstall’ my weight loss. MFP is so helpful for tracking!!! And I pretty much avoid alcohol, even if it fits in my carbs and cals.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    @UTMom81 - Delightful to see you! Congratulations on losing weight during your Alaska vacation! Super impressive! ⛰️😊😊

@mrmcgrath - Welcome! I think @broncobuddee or @Kres567 can update your starting weight for the August challenge.
    I also eat no sugar, no dairy, so happy to swap recipes if you are ever looking for something like that!

@TeresaW1020 - What a great day you had, especially with all you have going on! 🏠👍🏽

@tess5036 - Wow! Your big running events are coming up so soon! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️ Sounds exciting and maybe a little nervous-making! 😬😊

@bethanie0825 - Plateaus are frustrating, but part of the process, aren't they! Keep up the great work you are doing! (If you are like me and not gaining, that means you are working and paying attention!)

@raleighgirl09 - {{ Remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey }} I love seeing this in your goals. It inspires me! 🗼⛰️👍🏽😊😊😊

@Jactop - Brilliant loss this week! ⚖️👍🏽

@Wishusdonna - I am impressed at your continuing to get your steps in most days. Keep doping what you need to do to take care of yourself. We are all here cheering you on. 🤗👍🏽😊
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    @TeresaW1020 wow!! How do you stay between 25-30grams?? That is super low

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Jactop wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Jactop
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW 209
    CW 204

Wow, great loss!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise weights, elliptical, and bike

I was pretty worn out from my Sunday hike so I cut back on my bike time. Hopefully I'll be able to go for a decent time tonight as I'll be away from my bike for 2 weeks. Food-wise is going good, I feel back on track. I'm trying to eat the rest of the healthier food in fridge before I leave tomorrow for my trip. I'm spending the night at a relative's and we leave for the airport the next morning. I'd love to continue weight loss while gone but realistically know maintenance is a better way to think. Have a great day everyone!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited July 2019
    tess5036 wrote: »
    I've had a couple of days away form the computer and the gym, but back to the grind.

Carbs; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 45 mins spin, 30 mins Skillmill
    Tomorrow; more running (yikes only 6 weeks til half marathon and 11 weeks to full one 😧)

You've got this! I tried to join the Workweek hustle too late this week and the challenge was full.

I'll set up a new one this evening 😁
  • tess5036

I'm low carb, well, full keto atm with under 20g carbs a day.
  • nlalamin04
    Tess5036 what do you eat to stay at under 20 grams?
  • nlalamin04
    tess5036 what do you eat to stay under 20 grams of carbs?

• tess5036
    tess5036 what do you eat to stay under 20 grams of carbs?

I eat a varied diet, including meat and fish, cream, cheese, eggs, pate, nuts, avocado, a lot of salads and green veg, cauliflower, and many other low carb veggies. No bread, pasta, potatoes etc. :)
  • tess5036
    Tuesday check in
    Carbs; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 70 mins treadmill intervals, 60 mins spin
    Tomorrow; more
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Day- Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232.8
    Current - 234

Same 2-3 lbs week after week. I'm just gonna keep going, it's gotta budge sometime lol
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Daily post for Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Water: yes 100+ oz
    Exercise: yes walking cleaning weight training
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Yesterday I had free cinema tickets to go see Midsommar, so as it was also too hot to cook made it a bargain pizza and ice cream night too... so feeling spoiled and the calorie overspend shows it, but a good night, and the sleep is not too bad considering we got woken up by giant hailstones, thunder and lightning.

I hear we have our hottest day in the UK on record coming up, so might be a good time to get into salad.

Steps 12711 - but most of them were done at work to be honest.
  • tess5036
    Yesterday I had free cinema tickets to go see Midsommar, so as it was also too hot to cook made it a bargain pizza and ice cream night too... so feeling spoiled and the calorie overspend shows it, but a good night, and the sleep is not too bad considering we got woken up by giant hailstones, thunder and lightning.

I hear we have our hottest day in the UK on record coming up, so might be a good time to get into salad.

Steps 12711 - but most of them were done at work to be honest.

It doesn't matter where the steps were done, you still did them!
  • tess5036
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Day- Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232.8
    Current - 234

Same 2-3 lbs week after week. I'm just gonna keep going, it's gotta budge sometime lol

Yes, that does sound like normal fluctuations, fingers crossed for you that you have a woosh soon
This discussion has been closed.