MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Hey @sarasimsr36 - We are SO glad to see you in the community again! Hurray for that tech problem getting resolved!

@19shmoo69 - What a great weigh-in! So delighted for you! What do you think made the difference? Shaking up your routine a bit?

@Wishusdonna - It sounds like you are doing a great job of taking care of yourself. Know that we are thinking of you.

@nlalamin04 - As @Katmary71 says, it totally sounds like you know what you need to do this week to get that momentum going again!

@raleighgirl09 - Wow! What a great weigh-in! And I love all your careful reflection on what to focus on next!

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,360 Member
    I’m back from being off grid for 10 days (can’t tell you how nice that was!) in the wilds of Alaska. I thought of my MFP Canadian friends while flying over your beautiful country. I don’t know if any of you live in British Columbia, but I have a gorgeous picture of your mountains taken from the edge of the atmosphere.

Anyway, I am ready to go back into the challenge board for the next time. I weighed in this morning and have lost 3 of the pounds I picked up in Florida when my toe was broken.

It’s great to see new folks in the group. Welcome to each of you. You’ll love it here! Congratulations to all who have done so well while I’ve been away. I did notice you got 1st Place while I was gone. Great job!!

{{{@Wishusdonna}}} I am praying for you. I wish you peace and comfort as you continue to deal with your health problem.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,360 Member
    @Kres567 or @broncobuddee please put me back in the challenge for next month. If you need this week’s weight it is 156.2.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Hi everyone! I am Michelle and will be joining the challenge in August. A little about me...I am 42, married with two kids (1 in college the other in high school). 5 years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder called Transverse Myelitis. I was blessed by that I never lost my ability to walk but I did loose a measurable amount of mobility. I was only able to walk slowly for 10 minutes at a time before my legs would go numb. I did let the disorder define me for a few years and then I had enough. I am now currently back to the gym doing cardio and strength training 1 to 2 times a week and the rest of the days are spent doing swimming and water aerobics. I recently visited an acupuncturist who is doing wonders for the symptoms of my disorder. And I am in the process of changing my diet to paleo/Autoimmune protocol. I have cut out grains and recently dairy to see if this is causing my inflammation. As well, I only get sugar from fruits and honey. (Well, most times anyways).

I do have a question regarding the challenge. I submitted my starting weight as of Friday but I am hoping that decreases before the August challenge begins. Is there a way to update the starting weight closer to August 1st?
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week three
    Saturday
    P. W. 246
    C. W. 237
    WHOOOSH

AWESOME!!! Jimminy Crickets! You’re crushing it now!

Keep up the good work!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Sunday Jul 21 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping (55 min); yoga/stretching (24 min), martial arts practice (10 min)

Monday Jul 22 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/over
    Exercise: martial arts class, outdoor walk or platform stepping; martial arts practice (10 min)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Monday weigh in
    Last week 132
    This week 134
    Calories under
    Exercise hiking, water walking

I'm not upset about my weight, I'm real bloated right now so at least I know why it's up. Camping was fun, I hiked up a mountain and survived! I managed to eat well aside of lunch while hiking, we had sandwiches and pretzels. I'd been trying out cutting back on protein a bit and switching dairy/meat with plant protein, but my workouts have been harder lately so I need to at least try more protein again. That's been the hardest to keep up as I never used to eat any and now it's at every meal and snack.

I'm going to be gone the next two weeks and am unsure I'll be able to weigh in, is this a problem? If the gym there has a scale I'll weigh in.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Monday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 30 minutes on the treadmill

My days are running into each other and I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. Buying a new home and trying to sell the one I have in under two months is stressing me out!! I'm working hard to not overeat and stick to my plan. :#

Welcome to all our new members who will be joining Mission Slimpossibles!! This is a great group with some wonderfully supportive people. I hope you will feel very welcome here! :)
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    19shmoo69
    Week three
    Saturday
    P. W. 246
    C. W. 237
    WHOOOSH

What a whoosh, fantastic and we'll deserved!!!
  • tess5036
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    lo13buflf3yi.png

TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES PLEASE WELCOME TO YOUR TEAM
    @mrmcgrath AND @LilysMama14
    THEY WILL BOTH JOINING YOUR TEAM FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG

Welcome!!!!!!! This is s great group and you’ll find so much encouragement and support!!!!

Welcome to @mrmcgrath and @LilysMama14 , it is lovely to see you here and everybody in this group is so friendly and supportive. Looking forward to getting to know you
  • tess5036
    I've had a couple of days away form the computer and the gym, but back to the grind.

Carbs; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 45 mins spin, 30 mins Skillmill
    Tomorrow; more running (yikes only 6 weeks til half marathon and 11 weeks to full one 😧)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Can anyone offer insight to the group and how the setup is, please? I really do need some friends and the support, so anyone who will add me, please, please do!

I have lost and gained weight my whole life. I lost about 60 pounds about 6 years ago over a couple years of hard work and have since gained 50 back. My knee is no good with arthritis and had surgery on my foot for a nasty heel spur. I am having a really difficult time getting back on track. I know my knee will be better with some weight off and I want to be more active with my family. My goal is to lose the 50 pounds (more ideally) and KEEP it off! I can't seem to get to the next 5 pounds though. Just a little about me and I am excited to be here! :blush:

Friend request sent! Anyone can send me a request, just make sure you add a message that lets me know that we're teammates!
  • bethanie0825
    digger61 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week three
    Saturday
    P. W. 246
    C. W. 237
    WHOOOSH

WOW What a great week

I've plateaued so I'm just waiting for mine lol. Bravo!!!
  • bethanie0825
    tess5036 wrote: »
    I've had a couple of days away form the computer and the gym, but back to the grind.

Carbs; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 45 mins spin, 30 mins Skillmill
    Tomorrow; more running (yikes only 6 weeks til half marathon and 11 weeks to full one 😧)

You've got this! I tried to join the Workweek hustle too late this week and the challenge was full.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    Question - is there a registration page for August? I want to pass along to someone!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    Previous weight: 219.8
    current weight 216.6

Monday Check-in of week 3 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories
    Water: 8
    Exercise: a 15 minute walk at work and a one hour walk at the mall (cooler!) with a total of 12,000+ steps today

Next Day Goals
    Food: continued choices that are good for me - continued less sodium!
    Exercise: a walk at work and then a walk in the evening
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay on target for water, food and exercise. Remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

On the journey to seeing if I can make the 1000 cals a day deficit. Much harder today as I ate more at lunch. Welp - I was hungry and I'm ok with it. I'll try to get 100-200 cals less tomorrow and just stick with the real food plan. From years ago, that has mostly been my go-to, eating wise, and now it is much more necessary due to the whole sodium issue.
  • bethanie0825
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2019
    I noticed many of you are also doing low carb, as am I. How many carb grams are aiming for in a day? I’m trying to stay under 100
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Thanks @AustinRuadhain !

I am trying my best! Yesterday was heavily admin on the health front, so I found myself getting worked up about it. But every little thing helps. Went to bed early and got my target sleep of 7 hours!
    Yesterday, the steps were a struggle but I did manage 10248 and was about right on calories.
This discussion has been closed.