TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    holy hannah what a week. sorry I have been MIA so much lately.
    Wednesday I worked evening,
    Thursday I worked morning then took my kids on a play date.
    Friday was my day off, I got called in for a 6 hour shift, ended up working a 14 hour shift.
    Saturday I worked 7 to 3 then had to pick up a dog that belonged to a resident of mine, the dog had been home alone for 3 weeks, with the neighbor feeding her, I convinced my client to let me take the dog, my dad took her for me, and she gets to come to work with me once a week to see my client, but she needed a bath then I had to wait for my dad to get back in town to drop her off
    Sunday said dog got sprayed by a skunk so I had to take her for another bath, also my oldests 13th birthday so busy with birthday fun
    Today- too hot to workout, bleck, I did try, getting up early tomorrow before heat comes in. Had to go back and see the rescue dog, bring her more dog food because she wouldnt eat what she came with, also my dad brought her to my place where my dumb dog wasnt having it and tried going after the rescue dog, she was ok but sore so I brought her treats and asprin.

so its been busy, and my stomach is so mad at me for the crap ive been eating, im thinking on doing a day or 2 of a clear liquid diet to make my stomach feel better, we'll see how I feel tomorrow.
  • jlrush2312
    jlrush2312 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/15 - 4809
    7/16 - 2790
    7/17 - 4470
    7/18 - 5798
    7/19 - 5220
    7/20 - 3458
    7/21 - 2378

Struggling with this foot injury. Did find out it isn't broken at least.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/22 - 5072
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    OK, I have a question...not looking for excuses, just trying to understand why this might have happened...at my doctor's visit last week, one of the changes was that she lowered my calories from 1800 to 1600. Since then, I feel like I'm starving...not sure if it's just my head playing tricks with me, but tonight I just ravaged way too much food. Am I crazy? Is it just a "change" that's getting me...or does it take time to work into a caloric drop? Be gentle...

It could be that you need to get used to it, it could be psychological, it could be that you're just eating too few calories. That's the big difference between starving mode and fasting. And that's why I can no longer do calorie count.

On fasting you're still getting enough calories and have big proper meals during re-feeding, while on calorie restriction you're just reducing your metabolism and put your body into starvation mode, resulting in you having to add 30min at the gym every time you lower it to compensate for the reduction in the metabolism, leading you to get into starvation mode.

Personally, I'm doing keto and IF, which allows the body to go into fat burning mode, while you can have as much protein and fat as you want during re-feed. There are times I eat 2000 calories in one meal, and still lose weight as I'm staying in ketosis.

Of course you should follow you doctor if you feel it's working. I am NOT trying to force my strategy for weight loss upon anyone here. Just want to make that clear. I'm just explaining what works for me, after have tried doctors, PTs, and nutritionists attempts to get me to lose weight but failed.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/22 12,683
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Sigh, looked at my personal progress chart today. Evidently I've been in maintenance for just over a year now without intending it. I lost 20 easy peasy and now I'm stuck at about 200 +/- 3. I know it's my lack of discipline (eyeballed portions, failed logging, cheating, etc). I also can't run anymore, that is a big factor too, it makes burning calories pretty efficient. I need that "last straw" moment to hit me again. I had it years ago and it carried me to within a pound of goal and then the motivation disappeared slowly. Not a unique problem around here I know, just feeling the need to vent.

I feel ya on the lack of motivation... 😐
  • angmarie28
    Options
    7/18-8,780
    7/19-10,810
    7/20-9,423
    7/21-9,483
    7/22-9,721

upping my steps today, I did 5 miles already :)
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Sigh, looked at my personal progress chart today. Evidently I've been in maintenance for just over a year now without intending it. I lost 20 easy peasy and now I'm stuck at about 200 +/- 3. I know it's my lack of discipline (eyeballed portions, failed logging, cheating, etc). I also can't run anymore, that is a big factor too, it makes burning calories pretty efficient. I need that "last straw" moment to hit me again. I had it years ago and it carried me to within a pound of goal and then the motivation disappeared slowly. Not a unique problem around here I know, just feeling the need to vent.

I have litterally been maintaining for 2 years, Im trying hard now, but the past few days I was slacking on my diet. my sons birthday was sunday so of course we had cake galore, luckily there are only 4 cupecakes left, so Ill make my kids eat them, lol. Its been upsetting my stomach, I wish knowing that I will feel like crap if i eat crap would stop me from doing it, but it doesnt, ugh.
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I got back from camping on Sunday and I'm leaving again on Friday. Most everything is packed but there is still so much to do. I also work full time so I'm trying to do everything after work. I don't have time to keep track of my eating. I hope I'm doing okay. Have a great day everyone.
  • MARNIsw
    MARNIsw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Steps .. so sorry I hadn't updated but been busy dealing with my Mum's health

11/7 - 14.951
    12/7 - 9.239
    13/7 - 16.219
    14/7 - 10.477
    15/7 - 18.193
    16/7 - 14.945
    17/7 - 8.679
    18/7 - 8.264
    19/7 - 4.020
    20/7 - 5.938
    21/7 - 2.769
    22/7 - 6.486
    23/7 - 4.999
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/23 - 4130
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    July Week 3
    Wednesday
    Past Week: 227.4
    Current Week: 227.4
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/23 10,037
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options

That's not very encouraging. But look at it like this instead... You didn't gain weight. I always gain when I start eyeballing and those things.

I know you've tried intermittent fasting (and maybe keto too). But I'm still advocating for it. I've lost 11lbs in the past month doing IF and keto, without any exercise. No walking, no running, no weights. Been work, and TV. You don't have to go keto even. Some don't even switch diet, only when to eat.

Maybe try that again? Throw in some 24h fasts. If I don't remember incorrectly, you did have some success with it.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    kcpond wrote: »
    kcpond
    July Week 3
    Wednesday
    Past Week: 227.4
    Current Week: 227.4

KC, this is week 4. Week 3 you reported a weight of 225.5. Week 2 you reported a weight of 227.4. Please clarify your posting. Thanks, Jessica
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Week 4
    Wednesday
    Previous weight-151.2
    Current weight-150
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    kcpond