TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited June 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TEAM TRIMSTONES

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the JULY Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the JULY Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Becky - @Beka3695
Liselyn - @jugar

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @shockvalue07 and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc @shockvalue07
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for JUNE. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Team Weight No More's Week One Challenge

yi42hvghnixn.png

I don't have time. I sit all day at the office. Excuses. That is all they are. If you want something bad enough you will figure out how to make it happen. I have learned that as long as I am moving, I am burning calories. It doesn't have to be a full 30 minutes. Even if you do just 5 minutes at a time it is better than 0 minutes. 5 minutes at a time thru out the day can add up to a really good workout. And likely the hardest part is just getting started. So come on.... Get up off that chair. Trust me, no one will care and you will definately not regret it.

I have includes some posters of office friendly exercises. Anyone can do them. So come on... Lets do one poster a day. Then, go to your team thread and tell them how you did. There is something for everyone. No excuses. Everyone has 5 minutes. Lets start making being active a habit, even if we have an sedentary job. And captains, hold your team accountable. Ask them everyday, what they are doing to be more active. Lets change our lifestyle one day, one pose at a time.

h6x8qzwprhkp.jpg
    hhhb3qr9kiic.jpg
    ekizgmxpek75.jpg
    zifjox2a3pj4.jpg
    syzqztxll0on.jpg
    rp2ismstpz88.jpg
  • Grimmerdhore
    Grimmerdhore Posts: 65 Member
    I apologize if I'm in the wrong place, but I'm still trying to figure out the MFP forum in general, and this group in particular. I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I think so. Do I need to post my starting weight and all that stuff here? How do I get started? Thanks in advance for being patient with me while I try to get plugged in. Just for emergency, I added this to my MFP bookmarks so I can quick reference it from now on.
  • Navydaddjtc
    THE WEEK 4 STATS ARE IN THE BOOKS
    HERE WE GO
    wo0asv7m3vhw.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 31.3LBS OR 0.12%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.39%
    INDIVIDUAL % COLEEN312 3.21%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 18.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST LOVEBYDRAUG89 5.6

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Workout Warriors 0.39%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.31%
    3rd WaistAways 0.21%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 18.3
    2nd Shrinking Assets 13.2
    3rd WaistAways 8.6

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st COLEEN312 3.21%
    2nd KX7003 2.53%
    3rd LOVEBYDRAUG89 2.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st LOVEBYDRAUG89 5.6
    2nd COLEEN312 4.7
    2ND CLAIRETOMKINSON 4.7
    3rd. KX7003 3.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Abowersgirl
    CLAIRETOMKINSON
    getfitgal123
    luciicul
    SARAMAKINGCHANGES
    KA97
    BUNIPHUPHU
    BARBONICA
    matthewsfive

• Navydaddjtc
    THE MONTH OF JUNE STATS ARE IN THE BOOKS
    HERE WE GO

oucad8cvckp2.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 215.3 OR 0.61% .....!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.51%
    INDIVIDUAL % buniphuphu 7.94%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 66.5
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 26.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.51%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 1.31%
    3rd WaistAways 1.05%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 66.5
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 52.4
    3rd WaistAways 43.6

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st buniphuphu 7.94%
    2nd coleen312 5.44%
    3rd kx7003 4.93%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st buniphuphu 26.0
    2nd MsKatz1966 10.6
    3rd. jlrush2312 10.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    MsKatz1966
    Moarrein luciicul
    jlrush2312
    CLAIRETOMKINSON
    matthewsfive
    katmary71
    kmfeig87
    Loriab901
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    I apologize if I'm in the wrong place, but I'm still trying to figure out the MFP forum in general, and this group in particular. I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I think so. Do I need to post my starting weight and all that stuff here? How do I get started? Thanks in advance for being patient with me while I try to get plugged in. Just for emergency, I added this to my MFP bookmarks so I can quick reference it from now on.

You are in the right place. You post your weight on the day you designated as your weigh in day. I think they took the weight you posted in the June page as your starting weight, right @jessicakrall8 ???
  • Navydaddjtc
    SHOW ME THE GREEN CHALLENGE
    THIS MONTH THE MODERATORS ARE ASKING
    EACH AND EVERY CHALLENGER THAT WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PART IN
    SHOW ME THE GREEN CHALLENGE
    HERE IS HOW HOW IT WORKS
    POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD THE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE FOR THE MONTH OF JULY.
    EXAMPLE.... NAVYDADDJTC.... WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE 10 LBS FOR THE MONTH OF JULY 5 WEEKS 2 LBS A WEEK
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0Wl2qconcMmfbCT3JhdssfcDDo58Rys0Lc5m-xleDs/edit?ts=5d13d924#gid=1823187897
    THIS IS THE WORKOUT WARRIORS SPREADSHEET SCROLL DOW TO MY NAME SCROLL ACROSS AND SEE THE LBS. ENTERED...EASY PEASY

YOUR CAPTAINS WILL THEN POST THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT IN THE CHALLENGE COLUMN ON THE TEAMS SPREAD SHEET.
    AS THE TALLIES ARE POSTED AT THE END OF THE OF EACH WEEK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE HOW YOUR DOING FOR THE MONTH
    AT THAT POINT YOU CAN ADJUST WHAT EVER YOU NEED TO SO YOU CAN REACH THAT GOAL.
    KEEP YOUR GOAL ATTAINABLE... NOTHING LIE BEING DISCOURAGE WHEN YOU DID NOT MAKE YOUR GOAL IF IT'S NOT ATTAINABLE

AS ALWAYS THIS IS A VOLUNTARY CHALLENGE IT'S NOT MANDATORY TO JOIN IN.. HOWEVER IT DOES MAKE FOR A LITTLE INTER-TEAM COMPETITION IF A GOOD NUMBER OF THE TEAM IS IN THE CHALLENGE...
    THANKS FOR JOINING IN YOUR MODS
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    DreaRN15 wrote: »

You are in the right place. You post your weight on the day you designated as your weigh in day. I think they took the weight you posted in the June page as your starting weight, right @jessicakrall8 ???

@DreaRN15 Yes we recorded his weight as the beginning and I sent him a note to make sure to weigh in on Monday, the 1st.

@jonathansrcom We should have the new chatroom for July up and running by this evening...you can find the link for the July chatroom on the main Fat2Fit page. Hope to hear from you...would love to have you join the Steppers too, if you're interested...just let me know!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    MODERATOR's CHALLENGE ENTRY
    JessicaKrall8

I'm tired of playing around with this same 8-10 pounds. I feel like I'm living on a YOYO! SO, I'd like to lose 8 pounds this month (and keep it off!!)...put me down for the challenge please. Great idea!
    Jessica
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 199.8
    CW: 201.4
    And here I thought I was doing okay this week. It's hot, I'm extra dehydrated (trying to remember to drink stuff), and ice cream is tasty.
  • schlerin
    Green Challenge:
    Think I will go for 6 pounds, straight through the month, no bouncing back.
  • jessicakrall8
    @schlerin I found my way to the new chatroom! YAY ME! LOL

@MARNIsw I love your pics, but I must admit I sometimes feel like I'm that little duckling bringing up the rear!! hehe
  • jessicakrall8
    schlerin wrote: »
    Green Challenge:
    Think I will go for 6 pounds, straight through the month, no bouncing back.

@schlerin I like the way you think...I'm shooting for 8 myself and NO BOUNCING BACK! I just gotta stay away from the Chinese buffet two miles from my house and eat at home...that's my theme this month...air fry it and don't eat out! We can do it Schlerin!!! ok, explain your username...why schlerin? I sense a story here...
  • schlerin
    Sorry to say no good story. I was setting up a free email account way back when and all the names I tried were taken. If you type in your name, two words and a couple numbers it generates a user name for you. This is the best one that popped up and it stuck! I think my three words were school, work, Erin.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Green challenge
    Ok. I'm in! I'm going to say 4 pounds. There will be some ups and downs as I am close to goal!

Ok. Now for the wordy explanation of my goal. I'm aiming for half pound a week loss BUT I weighed in high last week and it was really just a one day anomaly. So today I am 2 pounds lower than my official July start weight, so my goal is really the 2 pounds that I've basically already lost plus 2 new ones! Let's do this!
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    @jonathansrcom Welcome to the group! You are in the right place! You can check in here everyday, read the posts and join the chatter! Post your sucesses, your struggles, pictures of geese, etc! Hope you have a fabulous day!
  • jessicakrall8
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    @jonathansrcom Welcome to the group! You are in the right place! You can check in here everyday, read the posts and join the chatter! Post your sucesses, your struggles, pictures of geese, etc! Hope you have a fabulous day!

...and show that you know the difference between geese, when the captain called them "ducks"...FINE! Darn that's some FINE fowl knowledge you have @kmfeig87 !!! :smile: LOL
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Green Challenge
    Put me down for that!! I'm shooting for 7lbs so I can get away from this 282!!!
This discussion has been closed.